Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I don''t know who was on here slagging him off the other day, but he has looked fantastic today, winnning headers, neat touches and a fantastic goal....  4 in 6 starts apparantly.

[/quote]Just a shame he missed so MANY sitters for us this season ,i guess his heart is more in it with the hammers ,anyway he is gone so lets forget about him.

I wasnt slagging him off just stating that he was very poor against bolton. I didnt watch the game tonight however it sounds that in the last two matches he has play for west ham are the two extreams of dean ashton.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]So what![/quote]

I think the point is our manager failed to get the best out of him....  by not playing the right way, signing piss poor players, playing him whilst injured and generally making a total balls up of this season.  In a relegation level Crewe team Dean Ashton had them 6th with 20 goals at xmas by playing to his strengths.  Worthy tryed to make him fit into worthys inept way of playing instead of playing to the strengtrhs of our best (by some margin) player.  Alan Pardew plays to Deano''s strengths and he scores lots of goals at the top level. Hell Palace play to Diver Johnson''s strengths...  Dowie is no fool.

WHO WAS RIGHT??  GRADI, PARDEW or WORTHINGTON??

Well I think Deano is proving who made the right decision.......  Hell worthy cant even get Peter Thorne playing.

How come YGB is replying to a post made by citizen foghorn bloke

are they the same per chance ?

Yes, and the reason this has anything to do with the rest of our season is? The last couple of games have been encouraging, lets just try and enjoy it without absolutely everything being turned into a negative rant about our "piss poor players" or Worthington. I think they''ve done enough in the last few games (Palace excepted) to have our support for the run-in. It probably is too late, but at least it has become exciting again.    

Get over it!Ashton played fine for us in the Prem - he just wasn''t interested in anything but a move back to the Prem this season. I reckon, with hindsight, the Board wish they''d had a decent offer for him in August, as it caused no end of hassle in the first half of the season.As for playing whilst injured, Ashton was the one who insisted he be played, saying he was fit when he wasn''t. It was all part of the contract extension which kept him here until January. A fat pay rise to offset the cut on relegation and an agreement to play him whenever fit, so he could be in the ''shop window''.All Dean Ashton was ever interested in was himself. Now, I''ve no problem with that, but I do have a problem with people trying to blame Worthington for his handling of a very tricky situation. Drop him and be damned, play him (bad attitude and all) and take the blame for his below-par performances.This is sloppy thinking - whenever our players play well, it''s in spite of Worthy, they motivate themselves. Whenever they play badly Worthy becomes this omnipotent figure of evil, training all their good points out of them, nothing to do with the player at all! Christ, even Thomas the Tank Engine shows a better grasp of reality than this!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Get over it!
Ashton played fine for us in the Prem - he just wasn''t interested in anything but a move back to the Prem this season. I reckon, with hindsight, the Board wish they''d had a decent offer for him in August, as it caused no end of hassle in the first half of the season.

As for playing whilst injured, Ashton was the one who insisted he be played, saying he was fit when he wasn''t. It was all part of the contract extension which kept him here until January. A fat pay rise to offset the cut on relegation and an agreement to play him whenever fit, so he could be in the ''shop window''.

All Dean Ashton was ever interested in was himself. Now, I''ve no problem with that, but I do have a problem with people trying to blame Worthington for his handling of a very tricky situation. Drop him and be damned, play him (bad attitude and all) and take the blame for his below-par performances.

This is sloppy thinking - whenever our players play well, it''s in spite of Worthy, they motivate themselves. Whenever they play badly Worthy becomes this omnipotent figure of evil, training all their good points out of them, nothing to do with the player at all! Christ, even Thomas the Tank Engine shows a better grasp of reality than this!
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Who do you think you are? How the fork do you know that he was the one who insisted on playing? Plus, it is a ridiculous to say that he wasn''t interested in playing for Norwich yet he insisted on playing with injuries, you talk as if you know more than the rest of us when you blatantly dont! "Bad attitude" you say, yet it is not Worthingtons fault apparantly. So why no bad attitude at Crewe and West Ham.

I apologise for tearing your post apart but a monkey could''ve found faults in it!

I have absolutely nothing against Dean Ashton. The Reasons being-

• We made 3.5 million out of him in transfer fees
  • He nearly all most single handedly kept us up last year. Without him we would have been down by April.
  • He scored about 10 goals this season, with no service etc.
  • It must get dissapointing, annoying etc when you are getting no decent service and so no wonder his body language is poor.
  • He is a dam site better than Peter Thorne.
  • The reason he always seemed injured is because he wasnt fully fit. The reason he kept playing through the injury was because he didnt want too let anyone down, because he wanted too play and because he realised that he was needed. Oh and NW kept picking him
  • He signed a new contact because he wanted to be a NCFC player for some time too come.
  • He left because he was a premiership player, playing in a poor team which woud only ruin his career.
  • If we had of sold him this summer his value would have probably went down.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

• He nearly all most single handedly kept us up last year. Without him we would have been down by April.

• It must get dissapointing, annoying etc when you are getting no decent service and so no wonder his body language is poor.

• The reason he always seemed injured is because he wasnt fully fit. The reason he kept playing through the injury was because he didnt want too let anyone down, because he wanted too play and because he realised that he was needed. Oh and NW kept picking him

• He signed a new contact because he wanted to be a NCFC player for some time too come.

• He left because he was a premiership player, playing in a poor team which woud only ruin his career.

[/quote]

Well said!

I''ve got nothing at all against Ashton, good luck to him. Having said that I certainly won''t be changing my avatar or tag line in his honour - think I''ll stick with City players, thanks. What is totally weakening is the realisation that everytime he does anything positive in any game from now on, this board is going to fill up with posts using it as a reason to rip our current team to shreds. How constructive, thats my problem!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

absolutely....

Thank you, Monkey27, for your fault finding.It was stated more than once that Ashton claimed he was fit, when events during matches proved him to be wrong. Worthington and the Physio took his word that he had no problem, then had to sub him when it was obvious he was struggling.Not so ridiculous to say he wasn''t interested in playing for Norwich - the agents and NCFC Board both said that Dean made it clear he wanted to leave and he did hide injuries because he was afraid of Prem teams losing interest if they thought him injury-prone.At Crewe he was still making his name - no-one took a chance until us, so he was an unknown quantity in the Prem - he left as soon as a Prem team came in for him (unsurprisingly). At West Ham, he''s where he wants to be (and earning the bucks too!) why should he sulk at either place? The only place his character has faced a test was with us this season. To my mind he failed.Perhaps you can find a different animal to pick holes in that - I think your monkey needs a lie down.

i dont know why every one is still slagging him off, he came and every one was prasing him he scored some goals never really reached his full potential, but we made a devent profit on him.

He is a verry simular player to teddy sherringham in style, build and pace so i cant blame the lad from wanting to be mentored by a great striker. who did we have at this club who could teach him what sheringham can?? answer no one.

Also i think that he made the right move joining a club going forward with a usefull looking team at this moment in time, i fore one wish him all the best in his future and just hope that sven puts him on the plane to germany as his fith choice striker for this summers world cup.

With nothing on any of the hundreds of channels on TV last night i thought i was ready - ready to watch Ash play.

I wasn''t.

I dont want to turn this into an anti-worthington thing, but by heck it hurts.

Actually, its like being ditched by the girl you didnt want to leave you. You know it was inevitbale, things were not working out, but to see her with her new pastures make you feel all funny in the pit of your stomach. It''s the same with Ashton. There are so many why questions that will probably never be answered, but in a current situation where a Cardiff has been is the only target man at the club, you''d be a mug not to turn the clock back in your mind and think what if''s and buts. And I''m sorry to say it all comes down to the performances on the pitch for me. At the end of the day we were not good enough to keep him, and that always hurts, especially when his talents were being wrongly used at Norwich.

Bah Humbug

I know it''s time to move on, to look forward, but personally I''m gutted at seeing him band the goals in

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Thank you, Monkey27, for your fault finding.
It was stated more than once that Ashton claimed he was fit, when events during matches proved him to be wrong. Worthington and the Physio took his word that he had no problem, then had to sub him when it was obvious he was struggling.
Not so ridiculous to say he wasn''t interested in playing for Norwich - the agents and NCFC Board both said that Dean made it clear he wanted to leave and he did hide injuries because he was afraid of Prem teams losing interest if they thought him injury-prone.

At Crewe he was still making his name - no-one took a chance until us, so he was an unknown quantity in the Prem - he left as soon as a Prem team came in for him (unsurprisingly). At West Ham, he''s where he wants to be (and earning the bucks too!) why should he sulk at either place? The only place his character has faced a test was with us this season. To my mind he failed.

Perhaps you can find a different animal to pick holes in that - I think your monkey needs a lie down.
[/quote]

I think Deano was passionate abot playing, wether for the club or himself I''ll leave you lot to decide. He''s a brave man and was willing to put his body on the line, he had countless knocks to his head and always got up and soldiered on, I think that would say more to perspective buyers than a few injuries here and there. I dont understand how you think this is the only season his "character has faced a test" I''m sure at Crewe battling against relegation at a club which is rarely successful his character was being tested, last season he broke the record signing record and came with high expectations over his head, he passed his test with flying colours and almost kept us up! This season he broke West Ham''s record and he looks to be living up to a huge reputation and having to fend off competition from some great strikers there to keep his place. Looks like exceeding expectations and going to the world cup as well which in my opinion shows his great character.

Dont question my monkey''s authority by the way

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Thank you, Monkey27, for your fault finding.It was stated more than once that Ashton claimed he was fit, when events during matches proved him to be wrong. Worthington and the Physio took his word that he had no problem, then had to sub him when it was obvious he was struggling.Not so ridiculous to say he wasn''t interested in playing for Norwich - the agents and NCFC Board both said that Dean made it clear he wanted to leave and he did hide injuries because he was afraid of Prem teams losing interest if they thought him injury-prone.At Crewe he was still making his name - no-one took a chance until us, so he was an unknown quantity in the Prem - he left as soon as a Prem team came in for him (unsurprisingly). At West Ham, he''s where he wants to be (and earning the bucks too!) why should he sulk at either place? The only place his character has faced a test was with us this season. To my mind he failed.Perhaps you can find a different animal to pick holes in that - I think your monkey needs a lie down.[/quote]

Junk Fat Barman, Robinson was played with broken ribs, Safri was played Unfit, Drury was started unfit - there have been a host of crocked players stupidly played this season - norwmally because worthy did not trust their understudies... Robinson lost 2 months because he was played with broken ribs..... who picked him??