Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Geoff Horsefield anyone??

Definately. We need a player like him, he''s proven in the championship and would work well with earnshaw and/or mckenzie. I would love too see him come, he''s been with earnshaw at WBA, although it doesnt neccesarily work, (thorne and earny at Cardiff)

So we berate Worthy for buying over-the-hill work-horses, yet we call for the signing of Geoff Horsefield?

Oh the laughter....

[quote user="YGB"]for 1 million pounds? No thanks[/quote]

Sheff Utd were quoted with £1.2 Million, I''m not sure about him cause isn''t he getting on a bit?

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]There was an article hidden away in the back of the Mirror saying we were after some Carlisle Utd forward...[/quote]Apparently Leeds are after him too, and given they''re looking likely to grab 2nd I''d say no chance if their (and indeed our) interest is genuine.Meant to be a decent player, heard good things about him.

a) We do not need a new striker when we have such a poor midfielder
b) isnt he getting on a bit, 1m is a lot for an old player.
c) there are cheaper options such as Eastwood and Johannson
d) I dont like him

Horsfield is one of those players that i would think would be a great hit, but you have to wonder why on earth Sheffield Utd havent used him more.

No probs on a free, but £1m. No damn way.

thanks for the replies, a good mixture of yes''s and no''s

personally i would like him to come, however £1m seems rather steep for a 30+ yr old.

as has been said johansenn would be an excelent signing especially as we would be able to get him on the cheap(ish)

imo, thorne has to go along with henderson who is far to weak. Jarvis deserves an extended chance but hasnt shown much so far.

on the subject of exits id like to see charlton go along with etuhu.

and finally, what about David Wright? whats happened to him at Wigan - he never plays and he looked solid - perhaps we should go in for him

any views?

We don''t need him for one simple reason ,cant believe the fact that nobody has pointed it out -

Geoff Horsfield = long ball punts to tall,gangly,no pace,couldn''t trap a dead rat in a phone box striker.

Would have thought the Worthy Out minority would have pounced on that one...

Does Horsefield enjoy playing on the right wing, do we know? Wouldn''t want to get him here under false pretences, would we?  [;)]