Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

New kits designs

What would you all like to see as the design for next seasons home and aways kit?

I dont have a picture (i might do one later), but i would like to go back to the original collars and perhaps we could include a bit more green on the strip and more yellow on the shorts. Perhaps like the united kit but with yellow and green.

For the away kit, i dont think it should be dark green. Either light green or white would be my preference. Perhaps White with green bits.

Also, which teams do you think have the best kits?

I''d like the shirt that had during the premiership and yellow shirts and socks! For the away kit, i''d like White or Purple (Like Fiorentina)

the old white polley and withy windows was the best away kit ever,

as for the kit, please get rid of the horrible neck on the current shirts

Tom - green shorts all the way!! Too much yellow doesn''t look good IMO.

I disagree with going back to the old collars. True, they aren''t great to wear on their own as a supporter, but I find them nicer for playing. My team has the same style collar and everyone prefers it to the more classic style, although lots of people wear the Under Armour tops underneath (like McKenzie but without the turtle neck) as it can get a bit chilly!

As for the away kit, I''d like to go back to white and purple as we had in 93/94 (?). I wouldn''t mind red either (the play-off year one), but without any yellow flashes or piping as they didn''t look right together....could be my eyesight [:)]

[quote user="Marmite"]Hopefully we''ll get rid of Xara as kit manufacturers. If Southend and Hartlepool can get Nike kits, why can''t we?[/quote]

Good Point, I''d like a Nike or Adidas Norwich Shirt!

I liked the kit we had last season and the promotion season, and the current away kit was voted "Most Stylish" in some Lad Mag last season - never underestimate the fashion sense of a magazine dedicated to removing women''s clothing! [;)]

I like the collars as well - what we tend to forget is, first and foremost, the kit should be comfortable for the players to wear during a game - the needs of us supporters come second!

This is an excellent opportunity to get rid of that ghastly green away kit; it blends the players in with the green grass making it very difficult to pick people out. My only time for recalling when the team played well wearing that kit was at Derby away two years ago. I''m not happy with spending another £40 + on a shirt but pleased to be getting rid of the current yellow shirt as the collar hangs off the shoulder and cos to be honest, overall we haven’t played that well in it. Lets hope the new one is a slightly brighter shade of yellow that emulates a brighter future next season.

[quote user="Marmite"]Hopefully we''ll get rid of Xara as kit manufacturers. If Southend and Hartlepool can get Nike kits, why can''t we?[/quote]

Absolutely agree! Nike, Reebok, UMBRO, Diadora, adidas, lotto or even kappa! But xara...their shorts and pants were just too small for me!!!

not sure what id like to see.... a lighter yellow shirt perhaps... similar to the last style..

as for an away kit id like all white, or possibly even a red shirt, yellow shorts, red socks.. similar to watfords away kit.

jas :)

There is a great opportunity here for the Club to involve the supporters in designing the new strip through consultations on collar styles, badge position, trim etc.

I would like to see the colour stand out more. Our strip often looks dowdy when yellow and green are the sort of colours to be wearing whilst wandering pissed on foot in the fast lane of a motorway, why is this? The suggestion for a brighter yellow is valid.

The present collar is absolutely rank, the strip arouses my superstitions as does the unlucky green away effort.

The home strip needs to be emblematic. What about a couple of stripes? We haven''t had that for a while. I would like something which looks like a smart uniform rather than chav lounge wear (the lounge being any shopping mall concourse).

As for the away strip, while Portsmouth''s effort at unusual colours has created something tantamount to fashion criminality there is surely a chance to be a little radical. How about a deep plunge neckline with 1970''s width lapels in vermillion with spearment green cross hatching complete with glossy sky blue old english lettering and roman numerals?

Alternatively, a sleeveless little off the shoulder number shortened to reveal belly button piercings and abdomen tattoo''s complete with low rise shorts which have an integrated jock strap and Norwich market style ''Kalvin Clien'' elasticated waistbands.

Or even one of the above in a heavy World War One quality serge which the players would be contracted to wear after a no show.

I do believe the above described shorts to be preferable to the Ipswich version which make the wearer appear to have their vest half hanging out.

Ist Wizard might like to see a design incorporating stars, moons and zodiac constellations with a special curse for the opposition woven into the material by chanting Gregorian Monks enduring flagillation with wet changing room towels.[li] Or else we might just get one original and God knows how many pirated versions.[ip]

Foggy might like to see various replications of the strips of more successful clubs copied and pasted by material screen prints into a conglometation then given a final rinse in a weak yellow dye.[8-|]

Septic would like what he would like but no one else would get his point so goodness knows what the end result would be.[sn]

Seriously though, white, with a nice trim for the away kit.

Ensure it''s not made by kappa.

I''m not sure I could pull off a lycra figure hugging shirt. But then again looking at the people at FCR I could carry it off better than most!!!