Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why all the posts about ashton?

why do so many people continue to post about ashtons done this or that? he has gone and so should be forgotten as all he did was take the club for a ride. we should concentrate on the players that are still here and are glad to stay lets talk about them not keep harping on about some greedy balding t****r! focus on getting behind the team for the rest of the season and forget about whose gone and whose not, wish them well and give them rice when they return in another teams jersey unless of course they WERE dedicated to this club like malky was!

[quote user="baldyboy"]why do so many people continue to post about ashtons done this or that? he has gone and so should be forgotten as all he did was take the club for a ride. we should concentrate on the players that are still here and are glad to stay lets talk about them not keep harping on about some greedy balding t****r! focus on getting behind the team for the rest of the season and forget about whose gone and whose not, wish them well and give them rice when they return in another teams jersey unless of course they WERE dedicated to this club like malky was![/quote]

Like Malky... Yeah!!!  Pushed out of the club he had just played a huge part in getting to the premiership 2 weeks before the off!!!  Yeah for £300,000 woo bloody hoo, that paid for Simon Charlton!!!!  What goes round comes round I say...  And Yes, we miss both Malcky and Ashton...

So wot if we miss Malky and Ashton.  We also missed Sutton, Bruce, Fox and all the others that have left in the past.  Football moves on as do players.  Get over the fact that we have not got them anymore and if Ashton scores another fifteen goals for West Ham this season then I certainly do not wish to be reminded of every goal.  After all it is why WH paid over 7M for him. 

Wrong re Malky , I''m afraid , Mr Citizen Rankin or whatever...no pace at all,Worthy recognised straight away he would struggle in the Prem so offloaded him.Pardew did exactly the same when they came up and Boothroyd will do if Watford get promoted.

Some players can cope with the step up and other cant - Malky would have been an even bigger embarrassment than the efforts our ''defence'' made last year.

Most of the goals we conceded last year were down to poor positional play and a lack of leadership at the back. What Malky did have was great leadership qualities and although you say he lacked pace, he had done so throughout his career and his game play was developed around that as to not make it so much of an issue. I''m a firm believer that he will definately go up with Watford this year and will play an important role next season for them in the prem as a leader, just like he should have done for us.

Like Malky... Yeah!!!  Pushed out of the club he had just played a huge part in getting to the premiership 2 weeks before the off!!!  Yeah for £300,000 woo bloody hoo, that paid for Simon Charlton!!!!  What goes round comes round I say...  And Yes, we miss both Malcky and Ashton...

Malky is not Prem quality and that is obvious.  He can do a job in Champ, but Pardew and Worthy both realised this, as Boothroyd will if Watford go up. Stop bleating about everything you can find to attack the club with. 

i agree in part Dicky, everything you write is true (I certainly didnt want Malky in the prem) but what i would add is that the goals we conceded were not down to the defenders being out-sprinted. Therefore his aerial power at a time when Simon Charlton was CB speaks volumes.

Teams that have been promoted have generally done okay if they''ve invested in the defensive line with experience, ability and Premiership or international know how.

Wigan - De Zeeuw / Henchoz

West Ham  -  Gabbidon, Collins (both welsh CB''s who play together) plus Anton Ferdinand

Sunderland - Hoyte (anyone else?)

Norwich - Doherty, Charlton

If you do the forwards the comaprison is startling too

[quote user="Dicky"]

Malky is not Prem quality and that is obvious.  He can do a job in Champ, but Pardew and Worthy both realised this, as Boothroyd will if Watford go up. Stop bleating about everything you can find to attack the club with. 

[/quote]

Well Doherty is not Prem Quality and that is obvious - he can''t organise a defense either and he cost £750,000. He can do a job in Champ however.  My point was one of LOYALTY not ABILITY.  People here whinge about Ashton being disloyal for leaving a bottom half championship side, unyet back the unloyal dumping of Malky for supposedly not being good enough for the premiership.

Well IMO he would have been a damn sight more useful than the Doc was in the prem...  Our disorganised or short defense (depending on whethter Charlton or the Doc was picked) was inept....

I agree that we should stop harping on about Ashton. Regarding Malky he left the club for no other reason than having a disagreement with NW, I do not believe that Malky is any slower than Flem....

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]I agree that we should stop harping on about

Ashton. Regarding Malky he left the club for no other reason than

having a disagreement with NW, I do not believe that Malky is any

slower than Flem....[/quote]

Completely incorre3ct.

Malky was the slowest player in training over 20/30 sprints at Colney.

Remember that we had replacements in sight but for whatever reasons

they failed to go through, Huth, Primus, as with Robbos replacement

which was until the final day of the transfer window to be Harewood or

Johansson.

Ok maybe we shouldn''t have let the players go until we had replacements

signed and sealed, but if every club thought that way......

[quote user="Dicky"]

Malky is not Prem quality and that is obvious.  He can do a job in Champ, ....................... 

[/quote]

Unlike Worthy he did not have the chance to prove that.

Its also obvious that Worthy is not prem Quality.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Was it not within Malky''s gift to say no to a move and to fight for his place?[/quote]

It probably was, but given worthy''s track record I am sure Malky was ordered to the managers office where he was given the ''West Ham have made us an offer and we think you ought to go talk to them wink wink nudge nudge''.... You arent going to play and we don''t need you anymore... Shame worthy failed to replace him...