Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Wagner wants to see Kamara in pre season

Recommended Posts

FFS, we don’t want to see Wagner pre-season. Unless by some miracle he gets us up (he won’t). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

FFS, we don’t want to see Wagner pre-season. Unless by some miracle he gets us up (he won’t). 

Only way Wagner will see him in pre-season is by buying a ticket to a friendly!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. As long as we're making some positive signings and progressing. 

Much rather see Delia gone by pre season. She's the one holding us back. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S_81 said:

FFS, we don’t want to see Wagner pre-season. Unless by some miracle he gets us up (he won’t). 

To be honest, even if we do go up, getting rid of Wagner so Knapper can start with a clean slate in terms of coach and playing squad sounds like the best bet. 

I know it sounds harsh and it is not something you see very often in this country, but I think it would give us a better chance of survival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until it happens he should manage as if he is here longer term to be fair.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Perhaps Wagner is going to Portsmouth....

Can Delia go to Portsmouth and taste the atmosphere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Until it happens he should manage as if he is here longer term to be fair.

Of course he should. Why wouldn't he when we're only two points off the playoffs? I'm sure that he believes he can get us promoted, in fact I'd be alarmed if he didn't think that. Plus he knows that he's got Delia and Michael on his side. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's Wagner staying then

You do realise that Wagner isn't a Jedi, right? :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crab man said:

Good. As long as we're making some positive signings and progressing. 

Much rather see Delia gone by pre season. She's the one holding us back. 

Absolute utter ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in a minority as I believe he’s actually doing better than he should be with this squad! 
He’s battled injuries to Sargent & Rowe, had to organise and get a team of geriatric signings to get as many points as he has he’s done a decent job!

I agree that some of his team sheets and subs has certainly been a tad ****e at times but we don’t have full info as fans just the team sheet to comment, we don’t know who’s fit enough for 90 minutes who isn’t, etc.

I love the fact he’s already acknowledging we need to build from our better players in the academy and he too knows we need younger better players to mount a serious push to go up and stay there!

Do I want Wagner to stay? Yes if the alternative is a Pulis or Warnock type, if it’s a young exciting coach with a fresh approach then of course, but we could end up with another Smith and that’s not what I want!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure his promotion with Huddersfield was from a similar position to us, just off the play offs until the last week or two, then winning the play offs. Unless my memory is playing tricks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could confirm he is not going to stay, all looking forward to a n other producing a team to play attractive, attacking football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Indy said:

I’m in a minority as I believe he’s actually doing better than he should be with this squad! 
He’s battled injuries to Sargent & Rowe, had to organise and get a team of geriatric signings to get as many points as he has he’s done a decent job!

I agree that some of his team sheets and subs has certainly been a tad ****e at times but we don’t have full info as fans just the team sheet to comment, we don’t know who’s fit enough for 90 minutes who isn’t, etc.

I love the fact he’s already acknowledging we need to build from our better players in the academy and he too knows we need younger better players to mount a serious push to go up and stay there!

Do I want Wagner to stay? Yes if the alternative is a Pulis or Warnock type, if it’s a young exciting coach with a fresh approach then of course, but we could end up with another Smith and that’s not what I want!

  • Signings that he apparently insisted upon.
  • Team sheets that included Gibbs up front.
  • Plymouth away.
  • 17th (?) best away form in the division

No, I don't think he's doing better than he should be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, daniel_grieff said:
  • Signings that he apparently insisted upon.
  • Team sheets that included Gibbs up front.
  • Plymouth away.
  • 17th (?) best away form in the division

No, I don't think he's doing better than he should be.

How do you know he insisted on the signings? They were mainly on free and hunted by Webber.

Sargent & Barnes were injured and Gibbs wasn’t up front but as a 10.

Plymouth away always happens once in every season to team….the Binners lost to Maidstone at home and Leicester have lost 5-0 this season too!

The aging old farts of a squad with seven players of top championship quality in Rowe, Sainz, Sargent, Sarah, McClean, Gunn & Nunez the rest just about good enough to be in a mid table championship squad! We’re sitting two points off top 6!

Wagner certainly isn’t perfect by a long way, as I stated but I would have Wagner over another Smith any day of the week! I’m much happier now Webber has gone and I’ll be happier when MA finally gets the sign off! Why we’re in February and the AGM was three months ago and yet no confirmation of the change in share ownership, it’s still up in the air! That’s more concerning than Wagner staying. We need that clear direction and investment for Knapper & if he feels Wagner is our best option as we are still a club in massive transition then that’s ok with me! Just my opinion! Change for change sake isn’t wanted change for improvement in coaching then fine!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Indy said:

I’m in a minority as I believe he’s actually doing better than he should be with this squad! 
He’s battled injuries to Sargent & Rowe, had to organise and get a team of geriatric signings to get as many points as he has he’s done a decent job!

I agree that some of his team sheets and subs has certainly been a tad ****e at times but we don’t have full info as fans just the team sheet to comment, we don’t know who’s fit enough for 90 minutes who isn’t, etc.

I love the fact he’s already acknowledging we need to build from our better players in the academy and he too knows we need younger better players to mount a serious push to go up and stay there!

Do I want Wagner to stay? Yes if the alternative is a Pulis or Warnock type, if it’s a young exciting coach with a fresh approach then of course, but we could end up with another Smith and that’s not what I want!

I’m not sure I’d agree better than he should. I think he’s probably doing about expected personally.

The issue for me is as a club we’ve always needed to perform above expectations across the board to get those promotions. A manager who does a good enough job isn’t going to cut it.

Farke, Lambert, Neil and Worthington all performed above the sum of the squad they had IMO. Despite what bookmakers may have set the odds at I don’t think we’ve ever had the strongest squad in this division.

I understand and support the decision to stick with him for the season. I also like him on a personal level and his best performances this season, although sparing, have been good. However long term if he’s not seen as the person to get the most out of the resources we have available then I’d question why he’d be the long term choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shefcanary said:

With tonight's selection he seems to be inviting criticism. He's mad!

Agree but if he gets a win we won’t be able to criticise! But I can’t understand getting in a 24 year old 6ft 3inch tank and keeping him on the bench! He’s been playing in top flight in Holland & Italy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...