Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Karl Hawley Rumour

If you''d read the article on the pinkun, it claims that Worthington has dismissed a claim saying Norwich are after Karl Hawley of carlisle. I''ve never heard of him but he''s scored 24 goals this season. Would he be any good? Here''s his stats:

Karl Hawley  
Real nameKarl Hawley  
Height5.08  
Weight11.00  
Date of birth06-12-1981  
Place of birthWalsall  
PositionForward  
NationalityEngland  

Current Club
Currently playing forCarlisle  
Signed on 30-07-2004  
FeeFree  
Squad number10

All time playing career

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Carlisle30-07-2004 Free 73 (4)335 (0)00 (1)07 (2)4
Raith29-08-200329-12-2003Loan 4 (5)20 (0)01 (0)00 (0)0
Hereford27-03-200304-05-2003Loan 5 (1)10 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Raith14-08-200231-01-2003Loan 15 (2)71 (2)11 (0)00 (0)0
Walsall01-08-200031-03-2004Trainee 0 (1)00 (1)00 (0)00 (2)0
Totals£ 097 (13)436 (3)12 (1)07 (4)4
goals / game0.390.110 0.36
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

I''m not sure if he''d help, what to you think?

not tall enough we would have too many small players who arent likely to win headers

He has been banging around in the lower leagues for ages, not doing spectacularly until this season... when BOOM.

Think he would be a backward signing for the club  - Remember the A word - Ambition. Signings like Hawley will not cut it in the Premier league, which is where we are ultimately aiming. I want proven signings or ones with huge amounts of potential, and not just one season of goals.

the fact that Chelsea, man city and spurs were looking at him might mean he''s not bad.. it also means we have no chance of singing him...

jas :)

jas the barclay king wrote

the fact that Chelsea, man city and spurs were looking at him might mean he''s not bad.. it also means we have no chance of singing him...

jas :)

Oh! Yes we do:

[8]His name was Karl....Karl Hawley

he always played real great and never poorly

he makes the poor full back look like a wa-ll-eeee

That''s Karl....Karl Hawley....dum....dum....dum[8]

Is Hawley a target man or can he create his own chances. If he is a target man then do we ought to look at the midfielders who are creating the chances for him with the hope that they could create some at carrow road. Particularly if they have a decent right midfielder who is fairly young.

[quote user="Alan"]Is Hawley a target man or can he create his own chances. If he is a target man then do we ought to look at the midfielders who are creating the chances for him with the hope that they could create some at carrow road. Particularly if they have a decent right midfielder who is fairly young.[/quote]

I don''t know but he plays alongside Michael Bridges (Ex Leeds and Sunderland Striker) so if Michael Bridges is a provider than i''d say Karl Hawley would be a targetman!