Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Call me paranoid but...............

Has the general club atmosphere and player comradeship improved since Jason Jarrett and Dean Ashton left the club?.

I noticed this when Earnie scoered against the Blades, everyone just seemed ''more together'' for a change.

Anyone else pick up on this vibe?.

Or am I just paranoid, thinking maybe that two disruptive forces have flown the nest?.

I''m not sure about Jarrett, and I don''t think it was conscious on the part of Ashton, but his presence was disruptive I think, purely because of the fact it was common knowledge that he was hanging around to see how we got on or unless better offers came his way. As I say, I don''t think it was his fault, its just how it was but it isn''t a good influence in trying to build a team ethic. I think it is a better vibe at the moment, as it seems as though Earnie has come to try and make a go of it here as part of this team, which can only help in trying to get a squad to gel as a unit. 

I personally think we came to rely on Ashton too much and he had little support on the pitch making him seem very individual and not a team player, which he now seems at West Ham! Certainly on the pitch.

I think there was perhaps some jealousy on hucks part with Ashton. Hucks had been the big fish for 18 months, but all of a sudden ashton arrived, on more money got instant favouritism amongst the crowd and hucks got a bit jealous.

I loved hucks more than ashton, but he lost alot of attention.