Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Negative Tactics

Why have we left out our £3million pound striker in a must win game. Playing 4-5-1 in this type of game is pathetic, i can understand it against leeds because they are a good team, and a draw would have been a good result but burnley are poor and we should win.

Why leave out Safri? So far charlton and robinson have been crap, they think we are in claret and blue! and hughes hasnt been much better.

Earnshaw is better than mckenzie, tonight leon has looked lightweight and has missed 1 sitter which earny would have scored with his eyes shut. We are playing mckenzie because he is biugger and better in the air apparently so why cant he win headers.

Remember a draw at burmley must be a good result!

I agree. For the first 20 minutes Burnley looked like a pub team. Quite what was going through McKenzie''s mind when he opted, with time and space, to try an ambitious lob with his wrong foot, is beyond me. But, ignoring that as one single moment of bad decision making, the passing tonight has been dreadful. Too many passes have been easily cut out. Also, once we''d switched to 4-4-2, someone should''ve reminded Huckerby of his defensive duties. We can cover him upfield with a five man midfield, but for the second goal he lost his man then didn''t do enough to cut out the through ball. We played a poor team tonight, and sank to their level.

probably because he is not very good, his tocuh is below average and he doesn''t add a whole lot more. At least Mackenzie gets involved in the action even if his shooting is not too good.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Why have we left out our £3million pound striker in a must win game. Playing 4-5-1 in this type of game is pathetic, i can understand it against leeds because they are a good team, and a draw would have been a good result but burnley are poor and we should win.

Why leave out Safri? So far charlton and robinson have been crap, they think we are in claret and blue! and hughes hasnt been much better.

Earnshaw is better than mckenzie, tonight leon has looked lightweight and has missed 1 sitter which earny would have scored with his eyes shut. We are playing mckenzie because he is biugger and better in the air apparently so why cant he win headers.

Remember a draw at burmley must be a good result!

[/quote]

I agree with you about the tactics. Why go 4-5-1 against a team in such poor form? What the hell was Charlton doing in midfield instead of Safri? Ridiculous. I don''t agree with you on Earnshaw though, he came on and did absolutely nothing. It should of been Leon and Johansson up front.

Yes, i agree earnshaw didnt do much but he wasnt given the ball in the right areas. Late on Hendo had the ball if he passed earny was through but he tried a 35 yard half volley. I''m saying that if earny had Mckenzies one on one chance i''m sure he would have scored.

I totally agree, I just cannot believe the standard of performance which was lacking in desire, commitment, hunger, belief and loyalty against a very poor team. we just did not care. Pick up  high wages and forget about the fans! Totally discusted, an appalling performance under the circumstances. On the bright side this should be the end of Worthington NOW, and gives even this very weak and pathetic board time to put in place a new management team for next season. Nigel Clough is my choice! He certainly would not put up with this lazely performance from overpaid players, including Earnshaw!!