Sign in to follow this  
HookNorton Canary

away kit

part of the sponsorship deal with proton/lotus was that we wear our away kit at least (5) times was it?? anyway, the fact is we only had to wear it once this year (watford) but we wore it at the big grounds (palace, derby, stoke and sunderland next week) does this mean that next year were gonna wear our green kit at old trafford, anfield, st james park and highbury cos of our sponsorship deal. its gonna look pretty stupid.

officially theres no team that we''d have to change to green for(wolves are going down, watford wont make the play-offs and i think a friendly against brazil is out of the question)

anyone have an answer??

We''re getting a new away shirt so it probably wont be green!! (not that thats what you''re really getting at!!)

I don''t think we necessarily wore the green shirt at the bigger grounds this year! The fixture list highlighted 7 games where we were going to wear green, including palace, millwall, and stoke!! There are a lot of bigger grounds, including the binners, baggies, sheff utd, etc!!

I hope we don''t wear the away shirt at all the big games next year, people will wander what we''re doing!!

How did Delia get that Proton green shirt she wore at Watford. I assumed that it was the new away shirt for next year, but apparently it will be another Lotus shirt. Anyone know for sure?

The away kit was also compulsory for Bradford away (AMBER + claret Stripes) and Watford (Yellow). Many teams with common colours go to other grounds sometimes even if there was no need to change the colours and wear a different kit perhaps due to sponsorship or washing purposes provided it doesn''t . Many teams due to common colours have 3 kits which is understandable. E.g Man Utd, red Home kit, white 2nd kit and if they go to an away game where the home team wear red + white stripes, hoop, halves etc (e.g. Southampton) then a 3rd kit is required. If you notice somes team who wear stripes and lets take southampton for example. Red and white striped home kit then if they go away and the home team wears red or claret then they can wear a white and red away kit because they''ve delcared that the their home kit is red so can wear a white with red away kit, but if they go to an away ground where the opposition wears white or stripes that contain white (e.g. Newcastle) or (e.g Tottenham) then they wear there 3rd kit of Yellow and Blue. Obviously with Norwich wearing yellow and green and this not be common colours then really only 1 away kit is required.
One thing I laughed about is that at the Derby away game it was all Green because the Notts Forest Home game was only 2 days earlier so they wouldn''t have to wash the kit and preparing for the Derby County game could be quicker in a short time.

Was up at Colney yesterday and saw Hucks walking across the car park with the new away strip on,he quickly covered up,but from what i could see it is nearly the same as the old green lotus strip,but with black panels on the side of the shorts and the lotus badge on the shirt had black lines on it and there was black on the socks.I know this is not a very good description but you get the jist.

i will still wear my away shirt next season as the reason i bought it was to wear the lotus badge, sorry i just can''t have a proton badge, if there is a choice, slso i like the green colour

as some of you know, i bought this shirt in september and was so convinced we would sign hucks i had his name printed on it then, and took loads of stick and banter for it, so how can i now wear anything else, more than anything my shirt reminds me of those three months (both the good and the bad), from the first match he played until the great day (boxing day), and i will continue to wear it all next season, whatever the new one is like

i thought the new one was ment to be red.............

I''ve seen the new away kit. I have contacts at Xara Soccer.

It''s Sky Blue with a big Pink Canary on the front and back of the shirt. It has Lotus logo on it.

See, I know just as much as you do!!