Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Burnley V Norwich reaction

What a load of rubbish we were tonight. Should have been 3-0 up in 20 minutes but as soon as Burnley scored with their first shot on goal, it was all over. The worst thing was that Burnley were so poor. Why on Earth did Worthy go 4-5-1 against a team who haven''t won in ages and not scored in 5 games was it?

Is it me or is the match tonight not the biggest pile of tripe you have ever seen.  Blimey, I see more skill and ability on a Sunday when my 12 year old plays.

What am absolute pile of pants and Worthy stands there chewing his gum and saying nothing.  I haven''t renewed my season ticket yet and by god am I glad I haven''t if this is the sort of tripe we must continue to put up with - worth £500 a season, more like someone should pay us.  I thought I had seen it all this year but we plummit to new depths - for gods sake Burnley are dreadful and we are worse.

I have said it before, but unless Worthless and his monkeys go I won''t be at Carrow Road next year along with many others.  Fine with the inevitable responses of "we are best without you", "we don''t need your type" etc - I have been supporting NCFC for 40 years and this is the biggest pile of rubbish I can remember seeing.  Frankly, those with the inevitable responses and blind faith are welcome to it.  I think I will spend my afternoons watching the grass grow rather than lining the pockets of these so called "professional footballers" and the clowns that masquerade as a management team.  Sheer embarrassment should result in resignation.  OK, we have won a few games recently, but who REALLY thinks we have looked anything other than a very poor side playing against poorer sides - fortune was with us -v- The Blades and Palace showed us exactly where we are.  Derby/Brighton, well what can you say?

Good luck and enjoy next year, the year after that, the year after that ......................  What an absolute load of rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

as written on my burnley predictions

Easy win right? Well it should be, but it probably wont.

I feel a tactical nightmare coming on - seasons hopes dashed by defensive mentality at Turf Moor?

(Sound of trumpet blowing)

Crap! We were great in the first 10 mins and then after that we ran after the ball. Awful performance, not worth being on Sky!

Well done Mr Worthington great team selection

4-5-1 against a very poor Burnley team who for 15 minutes didn`t know what was going on should have been 3-0 at very least !!!!

Master stoke to play a 34 year old left back in centre of midfield who come May will not even be on the playing staff why was not young Spillane given a chance in this position (probably to good or kicked a ball at Worthless in training)

3 million pound panic buy on the bench after he scored winning goal last week seems like a typical Worthless type desision to me

Two loan players at club one playing because of Mcvieghs injoury the other AOL playing for the reserves another waist of monies when younger lads like the Jarves boys and Cave Brown along with Spillane should have been given their chances as we have nothing left to play for despite the rubbish coming out of Coney play off`s they went out the window in January with the cr@p Worthless bought in the tranfer window

After tonight if Delia`s chef in her restrants had dished up cr@p like we have just witnessed she would have had sacked him so why oh why does she put up with with the cr@p week after week month after month we have had to witness

DELIA DO THE RIGHT THING SACK WORTHLESS AND THE OTHER TWO CLOWNS AND SAVE NEXT SEASON SO WE CAN HAVE A REAL GO AT GETTING UP UNDER A NEW MANAGER !!!!!!!!!!

Screened to millions it was embarrasing for the name of our city ! utter crap the worst performance i have ever seen

I''ve not felt that bad after a game since the Wendy game at Carra Rudd

this season (I don''t watch away games often, so missed the joys of some

of our other away performances).

So, so bad! I know everyone whinges about Hughesy, and he didn''t have

the best night, but to be fair at last about 50% of his passes reached

their man, eventually. 

But Carl Robinson has got to be one of the most shocking players at

this club since the Milligan and Carey days! He''s worse than Hughes by

a country mile, and the man should be put down for the good of Humanity

- Warning: This man could breed!

It just seemed to me, after the first twenty minutes, when Drury went

off, the players stopped believing.  I can''t say why, but I''m

wondering whether even people like Hucks and Leon and Flem are

wondering what the hell Worthy has done with their midfield! Most teams

take a bad performance, or being outplayed to have their midfield

decimated and go missing - Worthy does it just by buying players!

The board will stick with him, until at least some games into next

season, by which time any new manager will have to wait until January

to clear out the dross.  But I think we can guarantee, any new

manager would immediately seek to clear out the likes of Hughes,

Robinson, Thorne, and probably others.

Thank christ Frodo has already agreed an extension on his contract, and

thank christ the likes of Hucks and Safri have come out saying how much

they love this club, else we''d probably lose them too!

Greeno will be off in the summer - even warming the bench at the World

Cup will increase his value, so that''ll give Worthy a bit of cash to

spend on another striker to play on right wing...

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]

Well done Mr Worthington great team selection

4-5-1 against a very poor Burnley team who for 15 minutes didn`t know what was going on should have been 3-0 at very least !!!!

Master stoke to play a 34 year old left back in centre of midfield who come May will not even be on the playing staff why was not young Spillane given a chance in this position (probably to good or kicked a ball at Worthless in training)

3 million pound panic buy on the bench after he scored winning goal last week seems like a typical Worthless type desision to me

Two loan players at club one playing because of Mcvieghs injoury the other AOL playing for the reserves another waist of monies when younger lads like the Jarves boys and Cave Brown along with Spillane should have been given their chances as we have nothing left to play for despite the rubbish coming out of Coney play off`s they went out the window in January with the cr@p Worthless bought in the tranfer window

After tonight if Delia`s chef in her restrants had dished up cr@p like we have just witnessed she would have had sacked him so why oh why does she put up with with the cr@p week after week month after month we have had to witness

DELIA DO THE RIGHT THING SACK WORTHLESS AND THE OTHER TWO CLOWNS AND SAVE NEXT SEASON SO WE CAN HAVE A REAL GO AT GETTING UP UNDER A NEW MANAGER !!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]well said mate

Very very very disappointed.  It was so frustrating to watch so many long-balls played without even the faintest glimmer of the player looking up.  Our midfield was non-existent, and badly let down our defence and our attack.  For me, McKenzie''s was the only positive performance.  One to forget methinks!!!!

"but I''m wondering whether even people like Hucks and Leon and Flem are wondering what the hell Worthy has done with their midfield! "

The reactions and performances of many of our players lead me to believe that this is a correct statement. I don''t care what the players say when they talk to the press, the real indicator of their feelings is how they perform on the field. This goes back to last year also, for me the no-show at Fulham could not have been a more powerful message.

Mark .Y.

i groaned when i saw the line up and formation, especially as burnley played the first 15 mins like a team who''d lost 6 on the trot.  then after their goal, we crumbled mentally and they played well and always lookedon top. has worthy fell out with safs?  safs declares himself 100% fit mid-week - hint to worthy thats he''s available for selection.  he finds himself on the bench though, and instead worthy plays charlie, a 34 year old converted defender, who was told the day before he''d be released in the summer?  what did charlie have to play for?  i thought our entire midfield had a shocker and the defending for their first goal was a joke, despite grays good skill to create the chance. 

my left foot , now you know how those poor fans at blackpool felt,he took them from 2nd in div 2 to 3 rd from bottom in the old divs 3, we have got that yet to come.

[quote user="Dexx"]Screened to millions it was embarrasing for the name of our city ! utter crap the worst performance i have ever seen[/quote]

Anyone watching us tonight would have been laughing there heads off to think we were in the bloody PREMIERSHIP last year! A sorry day for Norwich city football club. You try and give them another chance, but thats it no more chances!