Sign in to follow this  
South Norfolk Old Boy

OK you McKenzie supporters shoot me down....

OK you Mckenzie supporters shoot me down. We were completely on top an he missed four clear chances in the first 20 minutes. Heads went down. Fleming and Drury get caught fumbling again and the season''s over.

Over to you!

I am delighted to be replying to a Mckenzie post not creating one, he is poor! Absolute rubbish, yeah he works hard, so what! I dont care as it makes little difference when you can play that badly. Do you think its coincidense that we actually started playing football once he was taken off last week? I am sure there are people who would echo our opinions, come out wherever you are! OK he scored two on his debut or whatever, long time ago, nothing without Deano! Eurgh!

Matendie Is sthooo good!

[quote user="South Norfolk Old Boy"]

OK you Mckenzie supporters shoot me down. We were completely on top an he missed four clear chances in the first 20 minutes. Heads went down. Fleming and Drury get caught fumbling again and the season''s over.

Over to you!

[/quote] Totally agree  ,yes he runs around and gets stuck in but his ball control and finishing is avarage to awful basically a sub at best or lower championship player.

How about

"He scored against the scum

he missed another tonne

Mckenzie, cannot score, mckenzie...."

He has energy but is clearly a poor finisher, he''s not the proven player earny is. Why do people say Mckenzies in form, he has scored 3 goals in 17 league games. Leon for england!

I agree too, his headed shot was awful and the one where it was him and the goal and him just seemed to pass it to him! Hucks was best player!

All you here at the home matches is "mckenzie woah, he scored against the scum he''ll score another one". Pathetic we only cheer him because he''s the only player left who we can cheer ! He is a work-aholic. Stamina, speed, agility ! no skill ! I think mcKenzie is a poor football player with a fantastic work ethic but sadly has a lack of quality that are team craves ! I,m an earnshaw fan, I wish the players would  give him the ball more because if we create chances for him he will stick them away ! he''s is more than proven in this division. But i strongly believe we miss a target man type player in the team because without Dean Ashton  are goal kicks come straight back ! mckenzie belongs in league 1 May his return there be swift ! ! I would personally buy Nigel worthington a one way ticket to Sack-ville and buy him a few extra large suitcases to take Mckenzie, Hughes, Etuhu and Thorne ! ! You fans who say "Leons well better than Ashton" disgust me and the entire nation ! Get out !

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I agree too, his headed shot was awful and the one where it was him and the goal and him just seemed to pass it to him! Hucks was best player![/quote]

Yeah ... you got to feel a bit sorry for Hucks , look at the crap he has to play with !  [8o|]

Juninho, McKenzie has one bad game and your packing his bags. Well he had a bad game but overall he''s a hardworker and generally a good player. Concerntrate on getting Worthington out and getting some cash for Etuhu, Hughes and Thorne to target some decent midfielders!

I agree with stegglinho. But that is all football is all about isnt it. Workrate, stanima, workrate, energy, workrate because that is we ever seem to hear from Mr Worthington.

Yes if we are only ever going to play hoof-ball then we really a target man. But I would love to see us play football. 

PLEASE pack your suitcase mr worthy and take your misfits with you. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Aw, ffs give the guy a break, hes not long back from injury and until tonight played better than would generally have been expected from a player returning from injury.So he had a stinker, doesn''t change the fact he has been a major part in our recent revival.You knockers all perform 100% every day at work for the entire day I assume? Do you b*ll*cks.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]Juninho, McKenzie has one bad game and your packing his bags. Well he had a bad game but overall he''s a hardworker and generally a good player. Concerntrate on getting Worthington out and getting some cash for Etuhu, Hughes and Thorne to target some decent midfielders![/quote]

One bad game! ha!

what a bunch of muppets, to sing the praises of oher forwards  when they were awful, the fact is Mackenzie was our best forward outlet. At least he touched the ball and caused the defence trouble, did Earnshaw do this, NO. Mackenzie isn''t the finished article and is finishing is often poor but his effort is worth something, with the right player next to him he will look good, but played as the lone man he stands no chance. 

Mckenzie is a decent hard working striker and should not be lambasted for one off day!!!!  even van nistelrooy misses chances...

Fact is this season was lost months ago..  face it when we lost to Ipswich the season was over.  You cant blame mckenzie for what happened, other players missed chances too (hucks JJ2) and some didnt even have a shot (erny).

we need a decent central midfielder and free kick taker (Zero free kick goals in 3 years) to set up erny and a right side./...

mckenzie is frustrating at times but he runs at defenders at pace and gives them a real fight.

When he has to think is when he misses chances, i think hes a good player but we need some1 who has real class with him to compliment his powerful approach

How can u say McKenzies crap!!! its his return to the side that coincided with our good run of results!

he is fast, Strong, Pulls players out of position and creates openings for others to run on and score... ok so he misses chances... find me a striker that doesnt??? i know we lost last night but dont criticise everyone! he had a bad game so what.. Huckelberry missed an Easy chance but i dont hear anyone saying he''s Crap!!!!

I think McKenzie is a fantastic player and we are a much poorer side without him... as has been proven already this season.

jas :)

Over to you!

[/quote]Mackenzie missed one chance when through with keeper to beat so.It happens to the best of players.His workrate and the rest of his chances were made mostly by himself as once again the midfield was not there for the majority of the game.Would you say the header he had which was cleared of the line by harley his fault if the answer to this is yes then your a bigger idiot than first thought.Give me eleven mackenzies any day i suppose you will be calling earnshaw next for not having the ball all match.Have a good look at the midfield we dont and have not had all season and slag them of along with worthy for buying them.Then you might be able to slag of the forwards who have to make there own chances WHY DO YOU THINK ASHTON LEFT US.simple is it not no supply. MAKES forwards look bad.Enough said.APART FROM WORTHY AND YOUR BACKROOM BOYS GO AND RUIN SOME OTHER CLUB.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

How can u say McKenzies crap!!! its his return to the side that coincided with our good run of results!

he is fast, Strong, Pulls players out of position and creates openings for others to run on and score... ok so he misses chances... find me a striker that doesnt??? i know we lost last night but dont criticise everyone! he had a bad game so what.. Huckelberry missed an Easy chance but i dont hear anyone saying he''s Crap!!!!

I think McKenzie is a fantastic player and we are a much poorer side without him... as has been proven already this season.

[/quote]spot on

Dont agree we should slag him off he is too good for that - nevertheless it was an atrocious miss with the keeper well of his line a simple lob that my grandmother could have done and hey presto we would have been on our way - such chances can either bring success or failure and in this case we all know the outcome. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Yes, I agree with you Jas.  I personally thought McKenzie was our best player last night.  There were so many times when he had to make something of ''nothing balls''.  His control was excellent, but his shooting, admittedly, was not the best.

I''m more concerned with the form of Safri these days - I think he''s looking very unsure of himself on the pitch.

I am Disgusted to see so many fans liking a player who all he''s good at doing is work. Great effort no skill ! I am sure players who play at schoolboy level would run around alot and show effort. Doesn''t mean to say there good. I used to play winger in my day and I was a quick player much like Mckenzie I showed effort why am I not in the Norwich first team. I was actually a skillfull player who liked the odd step-over, Cryff turn and the old Maradona spin- yet people like me are out shone by the workers, the "athletes"- in Mckenzie''s case- a boxer ! he quick, he can dribble (ish) He has effort, he''s a 50 p head who has more chance of scoring with his backside or his chest than scoring with his 2 left feet ! I am a fan of his work rate it''s good for the team. But not good for the goal For column !

it was 1 bad game, every striker misses chance now and then, what about the chance he created out of nothing for johansson or the goal from nothnig v stoke. His finishing is poor sometimes but he can produce from nothing and gives a defender a tough game

"He has played very well in the last couple of matches, one bad game (in a dire team performance) and you all descend on him like a pack of wolves. Nice!"

I hope you are not including me in this one bad game b******s because I have been saying he is bad for a long time and shall continue to as this is my opinion.

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]I am Disgusted to see so many fans liking a player who all he''s good at doing is work. Great effort no skill ! I am sure players who play at schoolboy level would run around alot and show effort. Doesn''t mean to say there good. I used to play winger in my day and I was a quick player much like Mckenzie I showed effort why am I not in the Norwich first team. I was actually a skillfull player who liked the odd step-over, Cryff turn and the old Maradona spin- yet people like me are out shone by the workers, the "athletes"- in Mckenzie''s case- a boxer ! he quick, he can dribble (ish) He has effort, he''s a 50 p head who has more chance of scoring with his backside or his chest than scoring with his 2 left feet ! I am a fan of his work rate it''s good for the team. But not good for the goal For column ![/quote]Of course... The old "even my gran''s could put the ball in the net from there". Get over yourself and ffs STOP SHOUTING!! (sorry if that''s too personal)McKenzie... Injects energy into the team, has scored a fair few goals in big games... Scum, Chelski, Man U etc. But, yes, is somewhat lacking in skill..... But I challenge anyone to name a single player in the squad that could be described as "skillful" (with exception of Safri, WLY and maybe Hux).McKenzie had a bad game, but he simply can''t be singled out for blanket criticism like this when everyone else was so poor on the day, and when he''s been one of our few players in recent weeks that has really taken on the mantle. He''s no carrow road legend, but he does his job a lot better than most of the current squad. I think he''s best as a sub, especially when Earnie''s a pretty similar player, but I''m not complaining if he can average a goal every other game.

Over to you!

[/quote] Maybe although from what i''ve seen so far, i''d rather him in the team than Thorne or Earnie!! Oh dear oh dear!!

If McKenzie didn''t play in that match we would have lost more than 2-0. Unlike Earnie he actually does work and not stand there when he doesn''t get the ball. He is strong in the air, created most of the chances on his own and had little or no support from the as usual poor robinson and hughes. It''s about time Earnshaw scores some goals for his £3million transfer fee than McKenzie adds some more to his decent tally for his low price.

i do wonder if those of u who slag McKenzie off has any idear what a strikers role is???? indeed the role of a professional footballer...

It isnt just to stick the ball in the net... a Striker has to hold off defenders, rough up the center back a bit, hold up the ball, create space for the wingers to cross by pulling a player out of position.. if u play with an attacking midfielder (EG Damien Francis) then having someone of McKenzies ilk is a blessing.. he is going to pull the center back away with him.. the defenders got to cover the run!!! allowing ur midfeilder to ghost in and score...

Witness Everton with Tim Cahill...

Why do u think Damien Francis got so many goals for us? he had all the time in the world to pick his spot because the centerback had followed mckenzie or whoever to the edge of the box...

Some of u need to understand the role of the player before u criticise! i dont care if Leon never scores for us again.. as long as he keeps doing what he has been doing.