Sign in to follow this  
olster

Greatest save at carrow road ever?

I have not had the chance to see Green''s Save on tv but from where i was seating today it looked like one of the best saves i have ever seen just in time for the England squad.

what does everyone else think?

Does anybody remember Gordon Banks save against Pele? It''s got to THE best save ever and I don''t think it will ever be bettered. Greeno''s was good tho!

I know this shows my age and how long i''ve been watching Norwich play, but some of the saves Kevin Keelan made were unbelievable.
All the best to Greeno I think he''s got a great future.

Keelan was truly amazing.I only saw him late in his City career,late 70''s,but he is definitely one of my all time favourite players.

Green''s save yeaterday was outstanding considering the penalty miss and the fact that their scoring chance came from a free kick that should no way have been given.It saved us two points and that can help us all breathe easier for now.Until we next kick off anyway...

It was a fantastic save from Greeno and he thoroughly deserves his England squad call up. I made a great save at Carra; I bought a 3 year season ticket two years ago now I am saving a fortune for next seasons premiership campaign!

I have to very strongly support what''s been said about Kevin Keelan. He was a great City career star that earned his spurs with many great saves over the seasons. I wish I could see more of Robert Green while he is still with Norwich. Much more difficult to hold on to a player with that potential in today''s world.

I know this is several years after the last post but I think this deserves a mention. My all time hero is and will always will be Kevin "The Cat" Keelan but after watching Marhsall''s performance against Sheffield United last week I think our goalkeeping is in save hands. I might also mention that we have (with a few execeptions) had great goalkeepers - at least from the 1950''s onwards as far as I am concerned.) Marshall is in my opnion the best keeper in the Championship and building from the back is the best way to build a quality side.

[quote user="T.J."]Does anybody remember Gordon Banks save against Pele? It''s got to THE best save ever and I don''t think it will ever be bettered. Greeno''s was good tho![/quote]

That and Jim Montgomery''s save against Leeds in the FA Cup Final,but I''d have to say that Banks edges it,simply because of how far he had to deflect the ball.Lev Yashin was pretty handy too.

Peter Bonetti was the "cat", Kevin Keelan was the Indian Rubber Man.

Had a great way of trying to save penalties by moving quickly to one side with his arms and legs spread out (staying upright) trying to cover as much of one side of the goalmouth as possible.  With his amazing reflects you''d have thought he''d have saved more that he actually did.  One save against Huddersfield at home was just stunning.    

Greeno''s two saves from Dichio at Carrow Road when Derby should have beaten us in the recent promotion season were the best I''ve seen for a while by a city keeper.  Saints keeper Niemi when we beat them 3-1 at Carrow Road was the best opposition goalie performance I''ve seen for many a year....not that they normally get much practice.......

As good as Marshall''s was against the Blunts, I thought Paddy Kenny''s low dive almost immediately afterwards was one of the finest saves I''ve ever seen. (Sitting low in the Snakepit I didn''t exactly get the best view of Marshall''s)

I can Remember Crewes ademole Bankole denying Hucks a few years ago with the best save i have seen at Carrow Road.. he was going the wrong way and seemed to change direction in mid air to push it round the far post for a corner..

jas :)

at carrow road anti niemi pulled off a couple of stunners when we beat the saints 3-1 and ashton got a hatrick..best of all time has to be jim montgomery  vs leeds in the 1973 cup final

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Its got to be MILLENIUM STADIUM GREENO DIVE!!! WHAT A SAVE!
[/quote]

whats the title of this thread?

jas :)

Against Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium - fantastic body block against Adolfo Valencia from point blank range - unfortunately that doesn''t count either!!

Greeno''s save against Stoke, anyone? Bullet header from a corner kick towards bottom right corner, greeno pushed it over the bar. After that he got his 1st England call up. Think it was promotion season. 

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]Greeno''s save against Stoke, anyone? Bullet header from a corner kick towards bottom right corner, greeno pushed it over the bar. After that he got his 1st England call up. Think it was promotion season. [/quote]

Yeah, that''s the one! It might even be the reason why this thread was started anyway, not sure now...

im sure you guys will love this one.....

gary breen two years ago..... norwich player (think hucks) clean through and gary breen tried to get the ball (did he f*ck) we somehow hung on for the win. those extra pts got us in the playoffs at the end of the day!