Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

The Perfect Opportunity...

Did anyone else notice the scores yesterday? Let''s see what happened to all the teams directly above us...

8th Cardiff  - draw 0-0 at home!

7th Wolves - lost 1-3 at home!

6th Preston - draw 0-0 at home!

5th Palace - lost 2-1 away!

4th Leeds - draw 0-0 at home!

3rd Watford - lost 0-2 at home!

WHAT A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO GET IN THERE....NOW GONE!

Enough said!

I just knew that we would lose to Burnley when I heard they had lost six in row. The number of times a struggling team plays Norwich and gets a positive result is highly alarming!!!

Frustrating, isn''t it?The nice way to look at it is "thank goodness we''ve been given another chance!". I know it''ll be harder now than it was before the Burnley game, but those results have given just a hint of hope. The clinchers remain must-wins against Cardiff, Preston & Wolves - the other teams are just as wobbly as us (as in 2002), so we could still nip in there!I''m not being madly optimistic, just fed up with being miserable and grateful for an excuse to think happy thoughts - my psychiatrist says it''s very important for me to think happy thoughts (especially near sharp objects)!

Ok we haven''t lost any ground on the playoffs but in terms of points but we have lost ground because we need to make up a lot of points as it is and as each game passes that becomes more and more difficult. For us to nip into the playoffs we will have to win all our remaining games and someone will have to have a nightmare end to the season!! I just can''t see it happening!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Ok we haven''t lost any ground on the playoffs but in terms of points but we have lost ground because we need to make up a lot of points as it is and as each game passes that becomes more and more difficult. For us to nip into the playoffs we will have to win all our remaining games and someone will have to have a nightmare end to the season!! I just can''t see it happening![/quote]

We have lost an extra point now making it 8 points (or 9 if you include goal difference) to the play-offs.  For us to make the play-offs Wolves Cardiff and Preston have to have nightmares, even worse wolves and Preston play each other garuanteeing points for one of those sides.

If Preston beat Crewe in the week, that''s it, chance gone! If they don''t however, I think we can certainly make their life uncomfortable if we finally get our act together. Problem is our midfield is just nowhere near good enough!

Yeah, Norwichboy, I don''t think the chance has gone in theory, the only problem is how poorly we have been playing so it will take a miracle to win our last six. Still, you never know!