Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

True support is needed now

A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing. However, if we had scored first, as we deserved, we would have murdered them and still be in the hunt. The ball was just not running for us on a crap pitch and the players must be gutted. They tried, but the confidence drained from them after that spawny performance by Burnley. Of course the moaners will be out in force now and have a field day...but the true supporters will be yellow and green forever and stick by them.. I am still proud to be a Canary after nearly fifty years, chuffed to be part of the best supported team in the Championship, and not some pampered Chelski-ite or a United armchair supporter who takes winning for granted. There have been worse days, much worse, and when the good days return, which they will, they will seem all the better...

you''re a fool...if''s and maybe''s dont get you up...neither do pitiful excuses about the pitch, hardly disrupted our hoof ball did it...people who think no change is required are betraying this club to the core...you can be loyal and yellow and green without undying loyalty to a clueless manager, inept board and a bunch of players with no heart...the club is more than that...the club is us...our blood our souls our flesh...if your not part of the solution your part of the problem...did those players look gutted of course not because too many of them know they are not good enough for the premiership anyway

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing. However, if we had scored first, as we deserved, we would have murdered them and still be in the hunt. The ball was just not running for us on a crap pitch and the players must be gutted. They tried, but the confidence drained from them after that spawny performance by Burnley. Of course the moaners will be out in force now and have a field day...but the true supporters will be yellow and green forever and stick by them.. I am still proud to be a Canary after nearly fifty years, chuffed to be part of the best supported team in the Championship, and not some pampered Chelski-ite or a United armchair supporter who takes winning for granted. There have been worse days, much worse, and when the good days return, which they will, they will seem all the better...[/quote]Ok so we might have murdered them if we had scored first but can you explain to me why we never created hardly anything during the other 75 minutes ,i mean we were supposed to be in the last chance saloon do or die was the call from the camp well you could have fooled me we were dreadful with very little passion and absolutly no skill whats so ever it was terrible and against one of the worst side''s in this awful division, sorry MC but tonight was just not good enough and if by me saying that makes me a bad supporter so be it .

Firstly making excuses about the pitch etc is not going to help anyone. We made no attempt to pass the ball just hoof it. Secondly i couldnt see any evidence tonight of any player out there giving there best minus 1 or 2. Burnley were utter s**t imo and it hurts to say we were even worse. Yes I will be yellow and green forever and will stick by them.....yes im still proud to be a canary and chuffed to be part of the best supported team in the Championship but im sorry to say i cant see the good times returning while Nigel Worthingtons in charge.

"A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing."

No, MC, it wasn''t the game that was shocking, it was Norwich''s performance. Outplayed by a team that we should be slaughtering.

I''m happy for you that you''ll be content with a few more seasons of this garbage.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

No, MC, it wasn''t the game that was shocking, it was Norwich''s performance. Outplayed by a team that we should be slaughtering.

[/quote]

Totally Agree. Our team and manager were rubbish and we can''t blame it on anyone else!

As much as it pains me to say it, this performance vindicates my decision to not bother renewing my season ticket.

You''re not a true fan I hear you cry, well f*ck it, after listening to the management and the rest of the team shout their rallying cries of "lets show the rest of the playoff contenders our intention" and "three points are a must" and then go and lose 2-0 to a team who haven''t won a game in donkeys years I''ve really had enough.

Worthless, it''s embarrassing, just leave.

I really dont want to join this thread but 1 nil down at half time and what did the team do - they hoofed it and hoofed it again and again and again.. if we had blown it at cardiff or Preston fair play but at 6 defeats on the trot burnley.....  hoofing it up to erny and mckenzie....  pathetic

NO EXCUSES

MC - At the start of this season, NCFC was declared "An excuse free zone" With that in mind maybe your comments should be rolled in with your tobacco, put in your pipe and smoked. Don''t forget to make sure the ash doesnt stain the cardigan.

Actually i find your post offensive, it''s the ''be grateful for what you''ve got  little people'' mentality that i find so patronising. You maybe happy to sit back and watch this cr4p, but I am not.

I''m sure you would be most upset when your meals on wheels are terrible and you get told nevermind, when one eventually is how it should be you will be more grateful for it.

As for "the ball was not running for us on a cr4p pitch and the players must be gutted." WTF. Burnley played better passing football on the pitch, the only time we played the ball on the deck was when it bounced. As for the players, ''gutted'' ah poor them. They ought to be damn well ashamed and if they feel gutted this season about being paid the wages they have for continual non-performance then tough.

AND....................will the various defenders of Worthy stop saying "if you''re not happy, go and support Chelski" or some such words ................Chelsea have no interest for Norwich fans, we simply want our club to achieve what is within THEIR capabilities, we don''t expect to be winning the European Cup (or whatever it is called now), we just wanted to make it into the top 6 of the English championship this season which should have been within comfortable reach given our financial position, ongoing support and the amount of time/money the Manager has had to put his squad together.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Islington Canary"]As much as it pains me to say it, this performance vindicates my decision to not bother renewing my season ticket. You''re not a true fan I hear you cry, well f*ck it, after listening to the management and the rest of the team shout their rallying cries of "lets show the rest of the playoff contenders our intention" and "three points are a must" and then go and lose 2-0 to a team who haven''t won a game in donkeys years I''ve really had enough. Worthless, it''s embarrassing, just leave.[/quote]

Let us get this into perspective, supporting our team is not an intrinsic life force, it is a choice. We want to be entertained and we are prepared to suffer the famines that result from injury or restructuring periods whilst a team is gelling. But this is one of the longest periods of stability as far as the management and coaching team are concerned, but we as paying customers are having the p*ss well and truly taken out of us by the current set up. I make a long journey to get to home games with my kids and was looking forward to a late run in form to close the season on a positive note. I have resisted joining the ''Worthy out'' brigade and I still will, but I cant be asked to suffer anymore this season and as much as I loathe it, its DIY for me on Saturdays now till the end of the season. Enjoy the World Cup, enjoy your summer and I''ll see what next season brings.

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing. However, if we had scored first, as we deserved, we would have murdered them and still be in the hunt. The ball was just not running for us on a crap pitch and the players must be gutted. They tried, but the confidence drained from them after that spawny performance by Burnley. Of course the moaners will be out in force now and have a field day...but the true supporters will be yellow and green forever and stick by them.. I am still proud to be a Canary after nearly fifty years, chuffed to be part of the best supported team in the Championship, and not some pampered Chelski-ite or a United armchair supporter who takes winning for granted. There have been worse days, much worse, and when the good days return, which they will, they will seem all the better...[/quote]

Probably not the most sensible comment to make Manc.   I think that the reason you''ll find everyone on this board is so hacked off is that they ARE true supporters who would bleed yellow & green if you cut them.   The reason we are the best supported club in the Championship is that we DON''T attract glory-hunters and that Canary fans are REAL fans.   I''ve got to the point where enough is enough now.   I''ve never been a fan of Worthington, and would take most managers over him purely for ideological reasons (serious distrust of anyone who views Howard Wilkinson as a good coach).  Enough is enough and surely even the business savvy board must realise that it''s time for him to go...I''ve experienced some rubbish as a City fan - this is probably the most humiliated I''ve felt for a long, long time.

Very good replies from all of you. It was not my intention to be patronising I can assure you. And after time to think I find myself agreeing with nearly all of you...it was truly bloody awful last night.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing. However, if we had scored first, as we deserved, we would have murdered them and still be in the hunt. The ball was just not running for us on a crap pitch and the players must be gutted. They tried, but the confidence drained from them after that spawny performance by Burnley. Of course the moaners will be out in force now and have a field day...but the true supporters will be yellow and green forever and stick by them.. I am still proud to be a Canary after nearly fifty years, chuffed to be part of the best supported team in the Championship, and not some pampered Chelski-ite or a United armchair supporter who takes winning for granted. There have been worse days, much worse, and when the good days return, which they will, they will seem all the better...[/quote]

Probably not the most sensible comment to make Manc.   I think that the reason you''ll find everyone on this board is so hacked off is that they ARE true supporters who would bleed yellow & green if you cut them.   The reason we are the best supported club in the Championship is that we DON''T attract glory-hunters and that Canary fans are REAL fans.   I''ve got to the point where enough is enough now.   I''ve never been a fan of Worthington, and would take most managers over him purely for ideological reasons (serious distrust of anyone who views Howard Wilkinson as a good coach).  Enough is enough and surely even the business savvy board must realise that it''s time for him to go...I''ve experienced some rubbish as a City fan - this is probably the most humiliated I''ve felt for a long, long time.

[/quote]

Spot on scouser exactly my feelings, so i won''t repeat you.

A really stupid thing to say manc, i am yellow and green though and though and no one will tell me different.

Every single person who spends a bit of their time writing on here is passionate about the club, a club that will never be fashionable, or the kind of club that kids outside of East Anglia would rush to buy the latest footie top. BUT it is our club never the less. A club that most of us here will stick with come hell or high water, but the days of us travelling the length and breadth of the country to be insulted by a pish poor performance are numbered...

I, like many, travelled to Hull, Cov,Crewe, Derby, Wolves and and and...... Not for much longer because how much of a fool did I feel yesterday. To say that for 75 mins we made Burnley look good would be an understatement. What the heXX was the hoofing the ball up the field about? We were awful (and thats being kind), and to add salt in the wounds Huckers said in the pink un that it was a must win match, really ?????? At least we could, or rather should, have seen a bit of passion.

Gutted, Gutted, Gutted................

Go Now NIGE, just be a memory please..............( and a bad one at that)!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"A dreadful game. Shocking. Depressing."

I''m happy for you that you''ll be content with a few more seasons of this garbage.

[/quote]

As usual LinkNR9. Reading things in your negative one-eyed way. Read the post you replied to again. Did it say anywhere that he was content? I won''t reply for you, but I suggest the answer might be no.

I''ve got two eyes and a decent brain, Foggo, and the inference is clear for all - or maybe most, judging by your personal jibe at me - to see.

It will be simpler for you just to post, ''I take exception to anything you say, Link'' - I''m a big boy, it''s no problem.

Is it not possible then to be proud to be a canary and to support Norwich but be angry with the performance and the manager?? I am yellow and green forever and I will stick with Norwich through thick and thin but I''m not happy about this season and I''m not proud of the performance!!! Are you saying everyone who moans about the game isn''t a true fan??? That would mean Norwich have about 10 true fans I should imagine!!!

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]Very good replies from all of you. It was not my intention to be patronising I can assure you. And after time to think I find myself agreeing with nearly all of you...it was truly bloody awful last night.[/quote]

Full credit to Manc, he took it on  he chin, reflected and corrected himself, what more can manc do? Why people are still having a go after his apology sums up the bitter tension that is beginning to stir in some posters?

No-one likes whats going on at the moment, but remember who the real villians are, dont take it out on other posters, please!