Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Time to kiss and make up with Robert Chase?

I was watching the centenary DVD last night, and Mr Chase looked so haggard when he resigned that I actually felt sorry for him. We had arguably our greatest period under him, even if the wheels did come off shortly afterwards, and he did some land deals we''re still benefitting from.
Life is too short to hold grudges, and it would be nice if our current success could enable us to do something to signify that we''ve let bygones be bygones.

TFOTH - You have every right to have your opinion and if you want to let bygones be bygones then that is your choice.

For me, I just can''t - it may be a flaw in my character - but no, nay, never - absolutely not. I don''t want to see his face anywhere near Carrow Road again.

I''m sorry if that upsets anyone, but I am going to stick to my principles on this one.

I''m normally a reasonable person. But Chase is a w******r. He sold off the family silver to line his own pockets. Please continue to egg his home.

Forgive and Forget. Never what the Fat Controller did to City was unforgiveable it may have been 8 years ago was totally unforgivable.

To find out that after years of selling the family jewels and lucrative jaunts to Bayern and Milan, and scrimping on player salaries and then to find out we were in debt to the tune of £5m +, can you honestly forgive him!

The only "KISS" I would give Mr Chase, would be a "GLASGOW KISS"! Remember the infantile positioning of a vast amount of speakers between the barclay & south stand to drown out the vocal protests of the fans? Heavy handed policing by Norfolks "Finest" after Citys last game in the premiership. Police horses charging!!! towards the good humoured non- violent protesting fans which included many old folk and young kids! [all caught on camera]The senior officer in charge said missiles were being thrown at his officers?!! I can tell you all now, the only things that were thrown were paper aeroplanes with "chase out"! printed on them. Chase had a lot to do with it that day and call me cynical, but he had a lot of power, control and connections in the "Hierarchy" of this city. He was just a greedy business man who didn''t give a toss about the fans, players or the managers! just treating them with contempt. Martin O''Neill soon realised the type of ignorant, arrogant and egotistical man that Chase was.... Sorry! but I cannot forgive that portly pocket lining excuse for a Football club chairman.... Rant finito OTBC...... He can go and kiss my Hearse!

Mello Yello - never has a truer word been spoken on this board! Forgive Chase - for doing what exactly? Without this man at the helm, we could have been an established force in the Premier League - and I defy anyone to argue against that one. Who did we sell again in his time - and why did players (and indeed managers) feel that they were better off out of the club than in it?? Never forgive and Never forget - it''s people like him who have killed off football.

OTBC!

i have had to swallow my pride at times and forgive and forget, but no one can ever forgive this man for what he did to our football club, he is the reason why has it taken us nine years to recover

look where we were, 2nd in the league, just finished a brilliant if short lived campaign in europe and mike walker asks him to build on the best side at the time in the league (okay, one of the best) and he said no, and later we were to find out why

the rest is history as they say, history to any of us of an age to remember, lucky those that don''t.

Mello Yello, i am with you mate, that day when he put those speakers in was a disgrace, he tried to turn fans against each other, did NOTHING AT ALL POSITIVE FOR THE CLUB

he was chairman during a successful period, yes, but it wasn''t down to him, he sold off so many players and got out of jail every time, until the season he sold five, yes five strikers

i had the pleasure (?) of talking to him about it all once, and we were on the brink of relegation (just before easter) and he still could not see why we were about to go down

invite him back now - if he ever sets foot in carrow road again, i will cut up my season ticket, in fact someone asked me the other day if i ever hated anyone, no, i don''t, only one living person

mr chase

he nearly killed out club, but for delia we wouldn''t be a club now, remember that those of you who want to forgive. We were premier league and he took us down. Never must it ever happen again.

Apparenlty, time is supposed to be a great healer - with Robert Chase this time wont arrive within my lifetime and , God willing, I''m only just at the half way line. How much money did this lousy git take from each and every one of us to line his own pockets ? It still makes my gut churn to think that he had us all suckered for so long and then left us all but in ruins. What really would have happened to NCFC if Dame Delia and Sir Michael had not come along to bail us out when they did ? Forgive and forget with Robert Chase - I dont think so !

Ive been thinking about this for the last few days after following Mr C back along the A47 in his jag.

Now its true he came in initially and saved the club when no one else would but some of the things he did while in power regarding the club funds (and I know we need to be careful here for legal reasons) were inexcusable as a fan and barely passable as a business man.

So, the answer I am afraid has to be a no, not ever.

I agree with the majority on this board that he single handedly destroyed this club and should never be let anywhere near us again. It is no good saying we are reaping the benefits from his land deals because if he had made the money available and not sold our best assets then we would still be in the Premiership. If he is keen to get back into football then I''m sure the Suffolk side would welcome him with open arms.

Certain bad smells linger longer than others, and the reign of Fat Boy Slim will never be forgiven, as witnessed as the fifth goal went in against Walsall, when we started chanting "Chase out, Chase out!" & "Are you watching Robert Chase" from the snakepit.
Lets just enjoy the fantastic feeling of being back in the promised land, and not dwell on the individual who very nearly killed our club off!OTBC!!

[quote user="Jonzey"]I''m normally a reasonable person. But Chase is a w******r. He sold off the family silver to line his own pockets. Please continue to egg his home.[/quote]

You, Sir - are an idiot.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]i have had to swallow my pride at times and forgive and forget, but no one can ever forgive this man for what he did to our football club, he is the reason why has it taken us nine years to recover

look where we were, 2nd in the league, just finished a brilliant if short lived campaign in europe and mike walker asks him to build on the best side at the time in the league (okay, one of the best) and he said no, and later we were to find out why

the rest is history as they say, history to any of us of an age to remember, lucky those that don''t.

Mello Yello, i am with you mate, that day when he put those speakers in was a disgrace, he tried to turn fans against each other, did NOTHING AT ALL POSITIVE FOR THE CLUB

he was chairman during a successful period, yes, but it wasn''t down to him, he sold off so many players and got out of jail every time, until the season he sold five, yes five strikers

i had the pleasure (?) of talking to him about it all once, and we were on the brink of relegation (just before easter) and he still could not see why we were about to go down

invite him back now - if he ever sets foot in carrow road again, i will cut up my season ticket, in fact someone asked me the other day if i ever hated anyone, no, i don''t, only one living person

mr chase

he nearly killed out club, but for delia we wouldn''t be a club now, remember that those of you who want to forgive. We were premier league and he took us down. Never must it ever happen again.

[/quote]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You utter fool.

I am not going to go over all the old ground - aptly covered in so many excellent previous posts by many board members - but one of the reasons our club is on it''s knees is because of this type of ''supporter''.

Chase brought us unprecedented success, & departed when the club had £6m of net debt - but with very significant value in the squad & some excellent land investment.

Please mull over what has happened during the reign of the ''wicked witch''!

Posters like these just make you want to puke.

Nice to see that not everybody around here thinks of the man as some kind of hero. The guy wrecked the club when it was arguably at its strongest. B*llocks to him I say. [Y]Just out of interest though, why the hell are people talking about him again? [:S]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Nice to see that not everybody around here thinks of the man as some kind of hero. The guy wrecked the club when it was arguably at its strongest. B*llocks to him I say. [Y]

Just out of interest though, why the hell are people talking about him again? [:S]
[/quote]

Out of interest, why are you an idiot?

No.Unless he brings a huge bag of money to the table and he''s happy with no control whatsoever.

Oh and posting in large red type doesn''t make you any more right, apart from maybe in your own head.

I don''t honestly think I am and funnily enough neither does anybody else currently contributing to this thread, people who were probably protesting against the bloke when his leadership was clearly costing the club more than it could afford. So shhhhhh. [;)]

[quote user="Delia Out"]OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You utter fool.

I am not going to go over all the old ground - aptly covered in so many excellent previous posts by many board members - but one of the reasons our club is on it''s knees is because of this type of ''supporter''.

Chase brought us unprecedented success, & departed when the club had £6m of net debt - but with very significant value in the squad & some excellent land investment.

Please mull over what has happened during the reign of the ''wicked witch''!

Posters like these just make you want to puke.[/quote]

Please check the date of the thread before spouting off.

No - never to be forgiven. The mess he left behind was unforgivable and is still a huge part of the debt.

Can''t agree with Delia Out - either as a name or as an action.

Time to get behind Lambert and co and move forward! OTBC!

[quote user="Cantley"]I was watching the centenary DVD last night, and Mr Chase looked so haggard when he resigned that I actually felt sorry for him. We had arguably our greatest period under him, even if the wheels did come off shortly afterwards, and he did some land deals we''re still benefitting from.
Life is too short to hold grudges, and it would be nice if our current success could enable us to do something to signify that we''ve let bygones be bygones.[/quote]

Some of us with long memories never fell out with him in the first place......

He was a great Chairman who gave the supporters a truly great time. How sad that people easily forgot this and called for his head so rapidly.

Comparing RC''s faults with those of Smith....I really do wonder what has happened to the club''s so called supporters and how they''ve been hoodwinked by a celebrity cook.

Not rapidly enough. Should have ousted him before he crippled the club forever, not after, no matter how many great times he may have brought to Carrow Road. Nobody''s been hoodwinked. He dug his own grave.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and posting in large red type doesn''t make you any more right, apart from maybe in your own head.
[/quote]

It came through nice and clearly for me..........