Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Yousseff Saffri

Safs probably felt just like Hucks did against Ipswich - confused, if not gutted, by the manager''s decision to leave him on the bench - and was then unable to shake off the blues when he was finally given a run (just as Hucks was). 

The manager''s "tactics" and "man management" skills (to the extent they exist at all) defy belief, frankly...[:@] 

I agree oso - came on and did well against Sheff utd the week before, is a dedicated midfielder yet gets two snubs in one game - charlie picked ahead of him is simply staggering, but when drury is injured Earnie comes on as the shape is changed - if 4-5-1 was right at the start why was it so wrong after 35 mins??  Going 4-2-4 didnt help us did it. 

Would worthy have changed shape without an injury to drury - ie take of charlie for earnie?  I dont think so, so why would an injury force a change in tactics - the manager seems to have had a second dig at safris committment...

My confidence would take a knock in those circs too - no excuses as saffers was not his usual self, but that applies to so many of the team.

I am sure that confusion was the cause of Safri not being able to get that corner of the ground. 
The guttedness must have taken over when he tried to clip a free kick into the box and again failed to beat the first blade of grass let alone the first defender.
"I know I will show the boss how disappointed I am" - control, turn and pass it out of play.  "That will learn him for picking hopeless Charlton ahead of me."

There is a reason Safri never left Coventry, there is a reason Robinson played 20 times for Wales, there is a reason Hughes started 160 games for Reading in 4 seasons, there is a reason tottenham fans thought Doherty was rubbish.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.. Our players have spent all season trying to hide their abilities or lack of them.

as my wife says, we seem to take good players and make them play cr@p.  why is that?its abundantly clear that safs is a pale figure of what we know him to be - he''s lacking form and confidence, especially since coming back from the anc. in my view he''s suffering from ''jarrett syndrome'' were although fully fit, an aged left back turned midfielder (this season)  is preferred over him and his confidence takes a massive dent.  for me, our problems this year were evident on the first day of the season against coventry.  for the last 30 mins an unmatch-fit hughes and clearly knackered charlie were outplayed in the middle of the park and this allowed an average coventry side to get some confidence - they started to play believing they had a chance.  only one team looked likely to score and it wasn''t us.  at one goal up, worthy could have subbed either charlie or hughes with jarrett, but he didn''t  - the result, they scored and worse was probably the effect upon jarretts morale.  charlie was eventually subbed by jarrett after 85 mins, way too late, when perhaps a more timely intervention could have shored up the 1 goal lead we had. we lost the midfield against coventry that day, and we''ve never won it back for the rest of this season.  burnely played like a team who''d lost 6 on the trot before we allowed them some confidence.  even brighton played well when down to 10 men, why?  because they believed they had a chance against us - even when losing - they didn''t roll over and die. its vital our midfield is sorted out, so that we can dominate teams and pin them back, creating chances for earnie to score from, because lets face it our style of play is making him look worse than useless when he isn''t.

has he joined the list of players who Worthy has fell out with and thereofre is not allowed to play in Worthy''s gang until he appologises? To me it has been evident that since Safri returned from the African Nations he has irritated Worthy in some way.

Doubt it if Safri will be here next season if.......sorry.....as Worthy willl still be in charge.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]as my wife says, we seem to take good players and make them play cr@p.  why is that?its abundantly clear that safs is a pale figure of what we know him to be - he''s lacking form and confidence, especially since coming back from the anc. in my view he''s suffering from ''jarrett syndrome'' were although fully fit, an aged left back turned midfielder (this season)  is preferred over him and his confidence takes a massive dent.  for me, our problems this year were evident on the first day of the season against coventry.  for the last 30 mins an unmatch-fit hughes and clearly knackered charlie were outplayed in the middle of the park and this allowed an average coventry side to get some confidence - they started to play believing they had a chance.  only one team looked likely to score and it wasn''t us.  at one goal up, worthy could have subbed either charlie or hughes with jarrett, but he didn''t  - the result, they scored and worse was probably the effect upon jarretts morale.  charlie was eventually subbed by jarrett after 85 mins, way too late, when perhaps a more timely intervention could have shored up the 1 goal lead we had. we lost the midfield against coventry that day, and we''ve never won it back for the rest of this season.  burnely played like a team who''d lost 6 on the trot before we allowed them some confidence.  even brighton played well when down to 10 men, why?  because they believed they had a chance against us - even when losing - they didn''t roll over and die. its vital our midfield is sorted out, so that we can dominate teams and pin them back, creating chances for earnie to score from, because lets face it our style of play is making him look worse than useless when he isn''t.[/quote]

i wouldnt be suprised if the Morocco coach didnt have a word with Saffers at the ANC to say something like "i need world class players in my team" youssef playing at Gresty road doesnt qualify as a "wrold class" player.

With the likes of Nouredine Naybet at Tottenham and a host of players playing in France and Holland i wouldnt be suprised if Safri isnt looking accross the water.. and at nearly 30 he needs to be thinking about the next wrold cup.. which could be his last chance at playing at the big time... is staying at Norwich city going to allow him to acehive any goals he has??? no...

i reckon, sadly, he''s off.... cue Slagging off of him and stories of him being "disruptive" by some small minded petty children then....

jas :)

World Class - you are having a laugh aren''t you. No slagging just facts.

Safri has been in this country for 5 seasons now - playing only 18 games in the top division, all for us last season.

He has made 120 appearances in the championship over 4 seasons.

He averaged 29 starts a season for Coventry over 3 seasons and weighed in with the huge total of 1 goal.

This season he has started 24 games and come on as a sub 5 times and has scored one goal.

At this level he averages 1 goal every 60 games. 

I believe the slagging of certain players and the manager has clouded the judgement of the abilities of certain other players. If you tell me he is a top defensive midfielder I will ask you how him and player of the year Doherty have been such central figures in the 5th worst defence in the league.

[quote user="Nobby G"]

World Class - you are having a laugh aren''t you. No slagging just facts.

Safri has been in this country for 5 seasons now - playing only 18 games in the top division, all for us last season.

He has made 120 appearances in the championship over 4 seasons.

He averaged 29 starts a season for Coventry over 3 seasons and weighed in with the huge total of 1 goal.

This season he has started 24 games and come on as a sub 5 times and has scored one goal.

At this level he averages 1 goal every 60 games. 

I believe the slagging of certain players and the manager has clouded the judgement of the abilities of certain other players. If you tell me he is a top defensive midfielder I will ask you how him and player of the year Doherty have been such central figures in the 5th worst defence in the league.

[/quote]

he isnt meant to score goals... id love to see how many assists he has though!

so he has had troubles with Injury... he''s stil a good player when in the team.. as his performances show...

Get him away from Worthington at a club that can play football and u will see how good he is

jas :)

Worthington Did not want to win the game at Burnley did he?

The squad selection was a Worthy speciality.......Defensive.

With Safri on the Bench along with Earnshaw need I say more.

When will Worthington ever realise you cannot defend all the time.

In practically all of Cities wins this season we have taken the game to the opposition........can''t he see that. 

Chris