Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

cheeseboard!!!!!!!

I wonder how many different cheeses there are in the world? Apparently, there are over 500 cheeses in France alone (that''s an incredible number, isn''t it?), so for the whole world there have to be a few thousand cheeses lying on a CHEESEBOARD somewhere just waiting to be sampled. Yum, yum! I wonder if anybody has tried them all?

I have n''t posted on this topic yet but I understand that it''s the only thing the River End sings! Sounds like "Ee-Or" from the Snakepit.

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]I wonder how many different cheeses there are in the world? Apparently, there are over 500 cheeses in France alone (that''s an incredible number, isn''t it?), so for the whole world there have to be a few thousand cheeses lying on a CHEESEBOARD somewhere just waiting to be sampled. Yum, yum! I wonder if anybody has tried them all?[/quote]

I think you should ask Smudger, he knows everything.

[quote user="savenell"]Billy why dont you have a look on http://www.cheese.com/ there is probably some idea of how many there is in the world[/quote]

It''s an interesting website, savenell, but clearly not fully comprehensive. I noted they state near the top of their home page that they have 671 cheeses so far on their database. So with over 500 French cheeses it''s obvious they don''t mention every cheese that exists in the world. Still, a very good site nonetheless. Looking at the French cheeses, I worked out I have only tried about 7 of them, so there are still loads to go. If I was to make it my life''s work to try every cheese in the world, though,  I''d end up about 10 stone overweight instead of "only" five!

haha!, when i first posted this way back when i had no idea how many posts could be made about different types of cheese!

but to get back to my original point of posting it, i dont think it anylonger exists, sadly... I was unable to attend many games last year after being situated in kent most of the time and losing my seat in the river end but no i dont think it exists anymore

oh well, good bit of fun whilst it lasted

i got to page 3 and got bored , and confused .....

WTF IS A CHEESEBOARD!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN!

and how does the song go he sings? why does he do it? .......

well confused ...

Mr Cheeseboard is still around (as i also have the pleasure of working with him)but since his Board was taken from him by a jobs worth steward he has had to carry on as just MR CHEESE!!!!!!!!.

Cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeboardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

[quote user="The Lord"]i dunno whether you are on here mr cheeseboard but oh well......sitting in the river end in block TL theres this one man that suddenly gets up and waves round this cheeseboard shouthing funny enough ''chhheeeeessssseeeebbboooaaarrrddd'' at any random time to which a few others join in. game by game a few more people join in and im predicting by the year 2010 the number 1 chant will be this! anyone actually know this man or know what im talking about??????[/quote]

What are the odds on this being our Number one chant by 2010?

[quote user="susie b"]Cats love cheese because they spend the vast majority of their lives asleep, and the cheese helps them into slumber and gives them pretty good dreams! My theory, anyway.[/quote]thats actually quite correct. we definately have better dreams, mostly dreaming about bigger pieces of cheese.im a cat.[:)]

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]Mr Cheeseboard is still around (as i also have the pleasure of working with him)but since his Board was taken from him by a jobs worth steward he has had to carry on as just MR CHEESE!!!!!!!!.[/quote]I''m sure a quick email to the head of security at the ground could sort out the return of the cheeseboard or at least the trouble free entry of a replacement