Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

cheeseboard!!!!!!!

|Keep this going till the start of next season, i will tell my dad about u waitign at the club shop

Thanks, Martin. We''ll sort out something more definite when we know the date and time of the first home game.

fao mouse , hes sits in block TL- the noisiost block in the river end (if there is such a thing) and MARTIN EMMS if as you claim your dad is the cheeseboard maestro then can you get him to start some songs in the stand as we need a leeder then people will join in!

I just logged on to get the latest updates and realised this monster has not been updated for a while!! So lets see if bringing this back will slow the web site up again!!!

i have been talking to the cheesemeister today ,after a summer of having his legs re-fitted and intensive beerotherapy i can confirm that he is back to full fitness and has been practicing the CHEESEBOARD chant at work much to the amazement of our "customers".

I just thought i''d bump this baby back to the top, the footballers Name game''s been getting ideas above it''s station.

DON''T FORGET WHO THE DADDY IS ROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!

yes, the cheeseboard thread is back!! i am sure this thread will amaze newcomers to this site - glad to hear that things are going well with mr cheese, hope to hear him start up a few songs on saturday lol

Cheers gazza! My girlfriend has been down from Preston these past few days so I haven''t been on here. Booked a hol yesterday to Turkey which we''re looking forward to. Unfortunately I didn''t plan it very well and so am going to miss Villa at home!

Had an amazing day on Saturday. Old Trafford is really somthing else! Out singing 64,000 people was an incredible experience. In the car on the way home we all commented how it was the first away match we had been to when we had lost, and still come away perfectly happy! I thought we played really well and deserved more from the game.

We aint going down if we play like that.

Keep the faith

ahh, your girlfriend, that explains it, hope you had a great time 2gether - have to say i have been bitten by the love bug also, but still get on here when i can lol

hope you enjoy turkey - are you taking a laptop to keep your posting total up? only joking!

i suppose you will be back at uni soon - when you do can we expect your usual 50 posts a day :-)

glad you enjoyed OT, i am looking forward to watching us on sky 2moro - and of course arsenal on saturday, this premiership stuff is brilliant, thank god we have given sheff u and ipswich away a miss for a year (or two!!)

by the way, i am SO glad we are not getting scowcroft!

Lol! Yeah you and other posters might be stuck with me even more when I go back!! I doubt it though. Going back to Pompey a few days after I get home from holiday. Quite looking forward to going back. Home is great but so is uni ;-)

I too saw that Scowy had been injured. I still would''ve quite liked to sign him but I guess we''ll put it down as a "we''ll never know"! Which target man would you like to sign gazza? I think if cash was no option I''d like us to go for Harewood but I think we''ll probably be priced out of him.

Keep the faith

to be honest that is a loaded question DD, i would rather we started to realise we have to play without a target man, yes, i know that way means a lot of money, but for our long term future we have to start playing football - IF safri is indeed a really strong midfielder and jonson is who we think he is, then i say we are not too far off, yes, i might be a trifle optimistic, but i would like to see leon and hucks playing together, the ball on the floor and everyone passing properly

no i am competely sober, we have come so far we have to go on and improve - don''t know who we could afford, but we have the luxury of bentley and hucks for a year - i just think leon will be a revelation for us - given the chance, we just need to feed the front two, and midfield distribution is key, francis, no problem, he can compete and win balls against man u, then he is fine, his partner, i don''t know, mulryne was more than capable (when he could be bothered) in division one, don''t know if he could step up - so i wait on safri, to see what he is made of

sorry folks, it is just we have to have this thread on page one on matchdays, can someone keep it there while i am meeting fellow posters in squares?

susie, are you giving out signs this saturday, and where do you give them out, just in case i have the chance for a quick chat!

Hi all. Anybody who went to the Palace game would have seen Mr Cheeseboard and myself sporting the new season''s Premiership head attire. ie Cheeseheads. We got a few strange looks and some nice comments. We intend to enjoy ourselves this season one way or another and if that involves looking daft then that''s fine.

Now I realise I''m going to get slaughted here, but this thread is becoming bloody tiresome!.

Its ''clicky'' and a tad jaded, a bit like me really!. Now I don''t wish to alienate my ''friends'' on here, I value you all too much for that, but knock it off please. You''ve done superbly well with it, in fact it must be a record breaking thread.

But all things must end, please let this one pass on to that great Cheeseboard in the sky. for everyone''s sanity, if nothing else!.

I saw you two in the ''cheeseheads'' TJ, and very spendid they looked too! I say good on yer that you are going to enjoy the entire season whatever it has to throw at us. Seems that Worthy and the lads are going to do just the same, and it might just prove to be our salvation.

I hadn''t planned to take any signs today, gazza, as I am relying on a lift which will get me to the ground pretty early and I shall go in as soon as I can to soak up the atmosphere, and the water from the sprinklers at the City Stand/N & P corner! They always give us a nice little shower on a warm day. The problem is that I''m not in the same stand as the cheesenutters hence I need someone to meet me early and collect them from me, so I can then go in at my usual time. If someone is willing to meet me at no later than 4 then I''ll take them...if no one can then they''ll have to wait until another day. (Hope that makes sense!)

wiz, we love it! so leave the cheese lovers alone

by the way, it''s all gone quiet on your balls front - where/who is our new striker? reveal the mysteries of your ball readings please :-)

Hi all, Thanks to the lady who brought me and Mr Cheeseboard the green and yellow mice to add to our Cheeseheads. I don''t know who she was as she had disappeared as quickly as she arrived but thanks again. They seemed to go down well with the people around us especially the kids but anyway thanks again. I thought the boys did well today but I think we''re lacking that cutting edge up front. T.J.

Hi, Yup Mr Cheeseboard etc is still around, although having kept a low profile in the nailbiting run-in. He was there with his Cheesehead against Charlton but although in person yesterday the Cheesehead was absent. The pressure is just too much to bear. IF we survive, rest assured we will be back next season in true Cheesehead glory. We don''t want to tempt fate. Keep the faith and believe!! T.J.

the legendary cheeseboard bearing man is still around. he sits towards the front of the n&p lower and i sit directly behind him on the back row. he has been there all season randomly standing up to shout that famous word cheeeeeeeeessssseeeeeeeeboard! i hope hes there next season as he does tend to liven up an otherwise dull atmosphere in the area!

i cant believe it! the post i started off , originally i  was called ''The Lord'' im also on 606 under this name, its still going strong! its cracked the 200 posts, i was proud to see the return of the cheesehead and it was good to see the chant get going. but the big question......is he going to the fulham game?

We are not going to let this thread disappear are we...

Still unsure of the reasons and identity of CHEESEBOARD... is he out there anywhere????

I think i heard him in one of the last few games of last season, i definatley heard a spontanious outburst of "cheeseboard!", whether it was THE cheeseboard man i will never know.

Incidentley may never hear the ''legend'' again as me and my mates have relocated our season tickets away from that area.......

ha, aparently he now smells of onions?

I was talking to the cheeseman this morning at work ,and he seemed to be a little depressed,so to brighten his day I have ressurected the thread.

Cheeseboard!!!!!

as a riverend season ticket holder i have seen the now legendary cheeseboard man on a number of occasions.

i was wondering if anyone knew where he got his triangular cheese shaped hat from.

these could sell big in our club shop!!!

Word from the delicatessan counter is that Mr Cheeseboard could well be venturing outside norfolk to visit Roots Hall for the friendly on 23/7 v the shrimpers (yes nolegs I didn''t say the b***s). Will the infamous cry be heard at the hall.