Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

cheeseboard!!!!!!!

i first met the cheeseboard and tj in 1991 and attended many matches in their presence,i always knew the big cheese would go on to greatness. it is nice to hear that the river end is benefiting from cheeseboards wit ,humour and abbotts ale.keep up the good work you pair of cheesers.

We don''t get to hear the ''Cheeseboard'' guy down in the snakepit, but, we have our own resident odd-bod, who has taken to standing up during random moments of the game, and shouting "Tin of milk" much to his own amusement, whilst completely puzzling everyone around him. He first did it at the away game at Portaloo Road in Sept. 2002, managing to totally bemuse everyone, and has stuck with it ever since. Seeing as he seems to enjoy it so much, maybe we could team him up with ''Cheeseboard'' and perhaps develop a whole new supporter section devoted to random foodstuffs!

Hi Bawtry Cheese shop. I don''t know who you are but obviously you know US! If you know us it''s been a FAIR few years we''ve been following the lads. If you want to get INTO IT next season come and be a CHEESEHEAD! It''s certainly going to be something to belong to next season. T.J.

We luv Cheeseboard - he''s a nutta!! Good on ya, you are typical of the fantastic spirit that is taking this Club forward.

lets all bring our cheeseboardsfor the first game of the premiership sason and completely confuse the opposition.

Mr Cheeseboard had an almighty following against Walsall, it was great to see Susies thongs, sorry signs being waved about, TL were giving it large and sounded fantastic in QL.

I did not hear Cheeeessssseeeeeboarrrrd!!! at Watford but then again I could not hear those sitting in the next seat, was that loud or what? Delia passsed by, but she had no cheeseboard either, is that because she is on the board?

Anyway all you need to know about cheese for your board.

http://www.woolworths.com.au/dietinfo/rsa23.asp

And you can buy some wonderful cheese here.

http://www.inverlochcheese.com/home.htm

have any more boards been made for the preston game does anyone know? if so how many it would be fantastic for the whole of block TL to own a cheeseboard sign.

(p.s whats the post doing on page 2!)

tj, let me give you a clue, met you about end 91, spent many drunken days with you and mr cheeseboard at his house.i used to meet you at the kings arms and then run to the ground mins before kick off. 2 further clues, i once lost a weekend through mr cheesboards home brew and the day my old man got bladdered before a home game. reply if you know...

Your Lordship...I''m sorry I have been absent from this thread for a few days, but things have been hectic for me, to say the least! Anyway, I have managed to make 30 more of the Cheeseboard signs for this weekend''s game, but I really do need someone to agree to meet me outside the clubshop entrance on Saturday at 2pm to collect them. I''d rather do it this way if possible than embarrass the poor person on turnstile 25/26, as I did last time. If you can help then PLEASE post on here asap and we''ll make arrangements to do this, all being well. (I''ll look forward to seeing a few more cheeseheads at the game then!!!)

It''s now less than 48 hours to kick off on Saturday and I don''t have anyone who sits in the N & P to meet me at 2 to collect the box of new signs. I really, really don''t want to have to use my considerable strength (?!) and twist the arms of the poor souls on turnstiles 25 and 26, but if no one is able to take them from me I shall have no choice! PLEEEEASE help if you can. Surely more people will try to get there earlier than normal to see Iwan warming up with the guys for the last time? At least that can be a reasonable excuse just this once, and think of the money you would save by not having that extra pint or three!!!

Ah...the apathy of "The Silent Stand" even runs to leaving Susie out in the cold after all the work she has done - shame on you "Silent Ones"

Tut look what happens when my dad goes on holiday, every thing turns to chaos, im so gonan beat him up for missign last 3 games of the season

Hi Martin (and Tommo), Tell your dad that I''ve now got hold of Mr Cheeseboard cheeseheads for next season. Anybody else interested check out ebay over the close season and we could all be wearing them in the Premiership. COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

can we get any pre releases of pictures of the cheeseheads on the internet any where right now or do we have to wait anothere month!

Hi The Lord,
I certainly can. I have taken some photos to post on ebay this very day. The trouble is I''m not sure how to go about letting any interested parties know what they look like. You see I''m on holiday for 2 weeks starting tomorrow and don''t want to put them on ebay while I''m away. If you give me an email on martin@hooker54.freeserve.co.uk I will happily send you some pics. PS. I''m sure if you''re interested you will want one! What a double from the BIG man today. Shame he won''t be there next season.

Hi everybody, just got back from holiday. I will be putting the first Cheesehead for sale on ebay tomorrow. If you''re interested check out ebay.co.uk. (Norwich City Mr Cheeseboard Cheesehead). I hope to see a few next season. PS. I met 5 Norwich City fans while away. Great to see the Green and Yellow so far from home.

TJ, any chance of getting these on general sale, not just a few on ebay? I''m sure that they''d outsell the inflatable Canaries, at least in the River End / Wensum Wing.

Hi, I don''t know if they will sell so as they have to come all the way from America I only ordered 7 as they are £15 each inc shipping to get them here. So I didn''t want to be too much out of pocket if they don''t catch on. I thought I''d try ebay and see if any go. IF they do I''ve already asked the bloke in America if I can buy them in greater quantities so I suppose they could be sold generally but I''m not taking that risk just yet. Anyway I''m about to try my hand at the first one and see if it sells. Wish me luck. PS. I''m only going to add £1.00 to them anyway. T.J.

Hi TJ had a word withh jerry...it is secondary employment,but can you put him down for 6 to wear at the morning meetings in cheeseboard room!!

Vince said this earlier when the messageboards were down:

"I''d like to wait until we''re on the new servers. There''s also copyright issues and we can''t guarantee that the picture the link goes to will always be the same picture (people could link to a pic of Hucks then a week later change it to a naughty one). In the meantime it''s best if they send us the pictures and we''ll put them up on the forum."

Seeing that we''re all so bored on here at the moment - this should cheer us all up - make that 8 pages of this thread! It doesn''t deserve to be languishing on page 3!

Just to keep it going then...I''ve got 30 CHEESEBOARD signs in my house at the moment, waiting for next season perhaps. Anyone like to suggest the odds that they will go mouldy before August?

I think you''ll be ok next season with your signs Susie. I tried the Cheeseheads on ebay and sold one but that''s it. I will wait until the season starts and see what interest they generate. I think they will cause a few laughs. Hopefully they will catch on. If anybody is interested before then send me an email to martin@hooker54.freeserve.co.uk

I was getting rather hugry so I thought I''d make an appearence on here again. I sit near Mr Cheeseboard and didn''t see where to get your signs from susie, please teel me where I can find then next season.

if you sit next to him then i dont see how you cant see the signs susie created he himself handed out loads at the second to last home game but im sure youll see more at the start of the season and susie b do you go to away matces i havent seen a sign away from home yet? anyone see the two norwich shirts at headlingley yestersay when trescothick celebrated his century?

Mouse, the first time I did the signs I managed to persuade the guy on turnstile 26 to give them out to anyone who asked, even though he said he wasn''t supposed to allow people to leave things for others to collect. I don''t really want to put him in this position again so, when giving out the next batch, I would like someone to meet me outside the clubshop at 1.30 pm and take them into the N & P end for giving out. (I sit in the City Stand, hence the problem).
Your Lordship, I have to confess that I cannot get to any away games as I have to do work every other weekend to make up for the other weekend when I go to FCR, but I should be able to make some more signs over the summer and give a batch to someone to give out to regular travellers, if this would be something they would like me to do. Just say the necessary words!
I saw the Norwich shirts at Headingly yesterday and felt proud all over again. I know there will be some at Trent Bridge next Thursday and Friday as there is a large group going up there from a local cricket club I watch regularly, so keep your eyes peeled everyone!

I don''t sit next to him, I just know that he probably sits in the block next to me but I have no idea where.
Thanks Susie i''ll keep an eye out.