Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

cheeseboard!!!!!!!

i dunno whether you are on here mr cheeseboard but oh well......sitting in the river end in block TL theres this one man that suddenly gets up and waves round this cheeseboard shouthing funny enough ''chhheeeeessssseeeebbboooaaarrrddd'' at any random time to which a few others join in. game by game a few more people join in and im predicting by the year 2010 the number 1 chant will be this! anyone actually know this man or know what im talking about??????

this all sounds rather bizarre, but i take it he is a quite normal inhabitant of the river end :-)

ummm, what sort of cheese is on offer, will do anything, (and that means anything) for a piece of ripe brie :-)

we cannot hear this guy in the barclay, maybe he should join canary fairy on the pitch to kick off OTBC lol

what stately home are you lucky enough to inhabit then mate?

I let a friend have my season ticket recently and I got a casual ticket in the N & P lower, so I can truly claim to have seen and heard the "CHEESEBOARD" guy at close quarters. I was really amazed when he started up, but the effect he had on everyone around him was fantastic. It was so completely daft that you couldn''t help laughing until your sides ached. I must admit I had forgotten about this until now, so I''ll look out for him next weekend v Stoke. He certainly needs inviting onto the pitch to start off a rousing chorus of ''on the board, cheddar, never mind the pickle..., etc.''

susie, better than that, i must meet this guy, he sounds a right laugh, please cheeseman, venture to the barclay and the whole ground can sing about cheese

yum yum

just off to raid the fridge :-)

Be careful, gazza, you know what cheese before bedtime can do! Remember the ''City Dreams'' thread?

And I have got a cheesecatcher ON my bed, gazza - my cat, who likes to gobble up all the crumbs of cheese I miss - so that I can have all the dreams I like! It''s far better than living in the real world, I find!

This sounds great!!

Can''t we get the bloke off the "Double Decker" advert who was madder than the mad March hare from Madland - the bus was going to Barking. I dunno why, but that ad had me rolling around the floor with tears running down my face - it was just so surreal.

The world is a happier place due to eccentrics like the Canary Fairy and Mr Cheesboard.

When Brentford had a mini cup run in the mid 90s (including beating us) they wore hats with cheese on top and some went in fancy dress as slices of cheese. Might be a connection.

Cats love cheese because they spend the vast majority of their lives asleep, and the cheese helps them into slumber and gives them pretty good dreams! My theory, anyway.

I have a varied taste, including white stilton and ginger, creamy Somerset brie, double Gloucester, Bavarian smoked and the good old Wensleydale you mention, CC. I also quite like the little Babybel cheeses wrapped in red cellophane. It''s the thrill of unwrapping them and the excitement of managing it! My cat prefers medium white cheddar if given the choice!

i thought it was cheese ball!!!!!!! i sit im the front row of da riverend nd dats wat i thought he sed lol! i thought it was somehow related to huckerbys hair style........im embarassed

Well Carl, I don''t think you can beat a nice piece of mature stilton.

To Peter and the moderators- are we getting too off topic here or can we have a separate cheese discussion section?

Yes we are getting off topic (there I go again with another choc bar reference!) - but while we''re about it you can''t beat a nice piece of English Mature Cheddar with a nice bit of celery - but hopefully not the same stick as used by 1st Wiz!

Hi every one I may have so good news for ya all. THE CHEESE BOARD MAN IS MY DAD.
He just got home from work and someone told him to look at the pinkun website. And as he knows nothing about the inter net I am posting for him.

This is no joke he really is my dad!
But I do have some bad news moments before the Ipswich gamed kicked off, the stewards confiscated IT!!!!.
So I think we should some who get it back as the stewards gave it to him in the first place!
When I teach my dad how to use forums I will get him to post on here!

I sit in that pertiular end of the river end too and hear him every week. But you''ve got to admit that when we are playing badly he does cheer us all up, so Martin please say thanks to you''re Dad, he''s a great laugh.

wow! my cat likes cheddar too. i cant believe anyone can genuinely like babybel. its not cheese its reconstituted rubberbands.

cheese, i love it

mostly brie, i can polish a whole one off with some red wine, love mature cheddar as well, the stronger the better, stilton in sauces and soups (sorry this is turning into an ode to delia!!) the only ones i don''t like are those tastless cream spreads like phildelphia, what a marketing con they are

it don''t taste of nothing!!

but best of all, mozzarella, smothered with olive oil (and olives) on one of my own pizzas

ask city angel for a recommendation lol

what about chocolate, even better than cheese !!

will be taking some cheese baps to selhurst :-)

Did any one read last weeks pinkun someone wrote a little article about it.
was it any one from here?
my dad was over the moon about that
but we still need to get it back.
hes gonnna talk to the steward next home game to get it back

I hope he gets it back, Martin. Your dad provides much-needed comic relief at games and with the tension at the moment WE NEED YOUR DAD!

Im really looking forward to looking out for cheeseboard man on saturday. The word is spreading so i wouldn''t be suprised if we hear a chant from the barclay at some point. As the inflatable canaries didn''t really take off at palace ( i think i spotted 6) maybe the club shop should start selling yellow and green cheeseboards instead. How confused would Tim and Hels on Soccer AM be if they saw 10000 fans waving cheeseboards above their heads!!!

I wish to publicly apologise to Colin Emms[mr. cheesboard] for calling him inebriated on this site....he''s never that sober!!for all those who know him from the river end i''d like you to know he''s just as daft at work!!I''m thinking about setting up a competition[with prizes] to the 1st person who can guess what mr.cheeseboard does for a living.to help he is not a holiday rep for the Wendsleydale tourist board!!

Anyone tried ''Smoked Applewood'' it truly is the king of all cheeses - trust me people give it a try...

Would i get the prize if i guessed it?
So nolegs you work with me dad! have i ever meet u befor?
im gonan send an email to Soccer AM try and get some help from them