Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

05/06 Signings

Was looking at an article on Flown The Nest (yes, I was cheating for

the Name That Team game, you got me!) and spotted an article about the

99/00 season when we had 12 loan signings in, many of whom never even

got a game.

Well, it got me thinking about this season''s signings in general...

current first team players in green, bench warmers in orange. Draw your

own conclusions, I''m going for me dinner...

Permanent Signings:

Thorne - Reserves

Jarrett - On loan at Preston

Earnshaw - One butt-cheek on bench, one on pitch

Hughes - In side, rubbish.

Colin - Reserves

MLJ - Injured

Loan - Permanent Signings:

Etuhu - Bench

Robinson - Carefully avoiding putting the ball to any Norwich player in midfield

Loan:

Davenport - Priced out of move

Lisbie - Back to Charlton

Rehman - Reserves

Johansson - Bench

Marney - Played out of position, injured, back to Spuds

I think I could net better signings than that! Either Worthy''s Scouts should be fired or Worthy himself, if not I''m looking forward to 06/07  signings of Nicky Forster, Paul Ince, Gary McAlister (Out of Retirement) and Dwight Yorke!

Pretty depressing reading that!! How can Delia and the board defend that?? Of those signings I think the only two good enough are Johansson and Earnshaw! (possibly Rehmann but he seems to have fallen out with Worthless)

I was a fan of Jarrett and don''t think we ever saw the best of him - guess we''ll never know as he also seems to have upset Worthy and has no way back! He probably coughed in training while Worthy was talking or something!!

The one noticable thing is the scouting here. The standard of signings has been very mediocre, and also we have never signed anyone from overseas that was actually any good (apart from Ulf maybe?). Whilst some people come up with Raziaks, Idiakez, Doyle, Chimbonda, Benyoun, we end up with Jurgen flippin Colin.

Pretty pathetic all round - just shows the team is a bunch of misfits at the moment and the manager and scouts are clueless. On the other comment further down - one of the best foreigners we have had here is Steeno - one of the best wing backs and crossers of the ball we have had at Carrow Road so there have been a few success stories over the years.....

"Marney - Played out of position, injured, back to Spuds"I don''t think you will find he was! I was only talking to a Spurs fan last night about it actually because he was saying that Marney was playing right wing in the reserves again now. I was a bit gutted to hear that because he would have been great back here and giving us better width.

"Paul Ince, Gary McAlister (Out of Retirement) and Dwight Yorke!" - TOM NCFC

Yeah mate and we could have Martin Peters and Duncan Forbes back

Worthy doesnt leave "lovely" norfolk to look at these players himself.. so we get conned constantly!

Surely he must be looking at the players himself BEFORE commiting to buy.. and i dont mean some ropey Video or watching "the championship"... Nigel should leave the family at home for one night.. go to another stadium.. in a far flung part of this fine green Land.. and WATCH the player himself.. not "monitor the situation"...

How many other managers do u see at rival teams grounds watching players???? Dowie was at turf Moor Friday.. dfoes Worthy think eh goes there for the fun of it?

Worthington = Idiot.

jas :)