Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Reasons I prefer Earnie to Ashton.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

1. He WANTS to be at City!.

2. He''s far quicker than Ashton, but then again who isn''t?.

3. I''m convinced that given the same amount of time, he will score more goals for City than Ashton.

4. His goal celebrations, simply blow Ashton away!.

5. He already has ''connected'' with the fans in my opinion, whereas I think Ashton was always somewhat aloof.

6. He will quickly become a City legend like Hucks.

There may be other reasons you can think of, but thats enough for now, I''ve always liked Earnshaw, even when he was at other clubs, but now that he''s ours, its even better.

Agreed?.

[/quote]

I''ve brought this thread back, because it needs saying again and again, Earnshaw will be bigger for City than that fat, balding ex Crewe player called Ashton.

Robert will always score goals at any level, and in time will become a huge City legend, unless the board, in desperation, sell him.

One final point: Its nice to be right for a change.

i bet bryan robson wish he hadn''t let earnie go now - he scored a hatful for them off the bench last yearand could probably have kept the brummies up.  he''s a classic poacher & natural finisher for me, he knows exactly where the goal is.   i agree wiz, with the right kind of partner & supply from midfield he could become a legend - at the moment he has neither. ashton is more of a typical striker and possibly has greater potential to improve than earnie, but he did have a worrying dip in form under worthy where by the end he couldn''t hit a barn door from 6 yards, like thorne is now.  despite playing in an underperfroming hoofing team, earnie''s kept battling in mckenzie like fashion, and still retains the confidence to score goals when called upon. 

i Agree with Pete...

another thing id like to add is that Dean Ashton will knuckle down and work Hard.. Robert Earnshaw has a gob and an attitude... hence the fact he couldnt get in a piss poor WBA side... he might want to be at Norwich now... whilst hes on a fat pay cheque.. but wait until he gets fed up and opens his mouth.. he is disruptive and arrogant and i could easily see him becoming the villain of the peice

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i Agree with Pete...

another thing id like to add is that Dean Ashton will knuckle down and work Hard.. Robert Earnshaw has a gob and an attitude... hence the fact he couldnt get in a piss poor WBA side... he might want to be at Norwich now... whilst hes on a fat pay cheque.. but wait until he gets fed up and opens his mouth.. he is disruptive and arrogant and i could easily see him becoming the villain of the peice

[/quote]

Ask Spammer fans if they think Ashton will work hard and you''ll get rude replies, they are now starting to doubt him jas, and as to your Earnie thoughts.................I think you''ve lost the plot mate!.

well done first wizzard, at last a post where you are talking sense, i watched earnie playing for the blue birds of cardiff,many times and was so impressed at his lethal finishing, and blistering pace , i at the time thought he would be well at home in our side, this was the season we went up, but as you know we got a certain mr ashton, who to be fair is a class act and a proven goal scorer, but i, like you, prefer earnie because of his pace, and natural ability to score shed  loads of goals at every level ,including international level, given the right service. let me tell you the locals here in cardiff are so pi***d off he is with us, he imo will go on to be a canary legend. the king is dead, long live the king. o.t.b.c.  

dont think so Wiz.. Someone even posted on here recently, who said they had loads of Ammers fans who rate Ashton and think the future will be good uinder Him...

If Robert Earnshaw is so good then why has he signed for Norwich city? its a step down... and if dean Ashton is so bad then why is he 90 minutes away from a cup final and made a step up?

WBA are getting relegated and Feel that Robert Earnshaw wasnt the answer to their problems....

Dean Ashton is scoring goals in the premiership for a mid table, and comfortable Hammers....

I know who id rather have...

To all those who said Dean Ashton is fat you should be ashamed. He is not the quickest but neither is he the slowest and with premiership coaching I think he will improve. He is proving himself in the prem. So that rules him out being rubbish to all those he said he is. He is an awesome player and sadly he didn''t work out at Norwich. If we played to his strenghts giving him good service he would have scored at least 25 goals this season.

You really cannot compare the legend Robert Earshaw who will become a crowd favourite simply because he is a player who is full of flair to Dean Ashton who is a strong center forward who is more of a target man. His game his slow but immensly clever. To different players... e.g Alan Shearer and Jermaine defoe....

But coming back to the real point origonally about reasons prefering Earshaw to Ashton... I feel Earnie is more of a clinical finisher than Dean Ashton and although Ashton is a fantastic player who will play for Enland with no doubt in my mind. Earnie is the Huckerby like flair who can turn games on his own with a dazzling run or being sithed down in the box after fooling the defender with his fantastic skills. Ultimatly he has the the flair that can get out of the championship. Dean ashton could of got us promoted with 25 goals plus but sadly there was not enough quality coming into the box. I can remember numerous times when quality did come into the box he buried it with his leathal heading ability. Ironically that season when he was scoring goals for crew he only scored 2 of them them on his head... 2 out of 22 ish. look what we made him into. Totally relying on him and the crowd moaned when he did find the net but honestly did we ever play Dean Ashton to his strenghts. It was obvious to anybody who has knowledge about the playing side of football that Ashton was not being allowed to play his game in beetween the 18 yard box. Rather he was made into the stereo typical Nigel Worhington work horse.

Hopefully now Nigel can learn after failing Ashton to play to Robert Earnshaw''s strenghts. Telling the team to play him in the channels rather than lumping the ball up to him. He will be deverstating and I believe if we do this he will score goal after goal.

Juninho

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dont think so Wiz.. Someone even posted on here recently, who said they had loads of Ammers fans who rate Ashton and think the future will be good uinder Him...

If Robert Earnshaw is so good then why has he signed for Norwich city? its a step down... and if dean Ashton is so bad then why is he 90 minutes away from a cup final and made a step up?

WBA are getting relegated and Feel that Robert Earnshaw wasnt the answer to their problems....

Dean Ashton is scoring goals in the premiership for a mid table, and comfortable Hammers....

I know who id rather have...

[/quote]

Why did Earnshaw join us??

One simple answer. He needed to be at a family club. When he was at Cardiff he was happy becuase it was more homely a little bit like Norwich. However West Brom didn''t have this atmosphere and Robson was being moody etc etc etc!