Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Where have all "les reasonables" gone?

Kentcanary, Branston, Trent, Gorleston, Yoda, Spat...

I''ve been away for 5 weeks and not only is the board ridden with even

more bile and vitriol than usual, but the fare few people who are

capable of reasoned debate (there are more than the above, those just

some off the top of my head) appear to have vanished. And note these

are not all KTFers. But i shouldn''t be surprised they''re not around any

more, decent discussion on here is barely possible any more.

It reminds me of the Conservative party of the nineties. When the

infighting and backbiting became too much, respected, reasonable

supporters left in their droves, leaving behind an ever more

concentrated hardcore of right wing loons who couldn''t have been more

detatched from popular opinion. But so self perpetuating were the views

of this tight band of members they continued to believe for years that

they were going in the right direction.

Interesting analogy i think!

p.s. or is it just that lot of people have changed their names while i

was away. I''m guessing one Mr Rankin had morphed into a certain

"Citizen."

I''m afraid several ''moderates'', from both sides of the divide, have expressed disappointment at the way some unpleasantness has become more prevalent on here A1. It seems that many post only infrequently now, whilst some have disappeared completely. This is the worst result of poisonous argument versus reasoned debate.

A1 - I look every now and again, and post infrequently. Its just far too depressing coming on here. And as mentioned, the spite on here is amazing! Its just dull reading the same comments from the same people each and every day.

And as you quite rightly point out, even people who want Worthy out such as myself just cant be bothered to come on here anymore.

I too have had enough of this place, it''s so childish, petty and negative these days that I only pop in very infrequently too, in fact I only logged in tonight to respond to a first wiz rant that I just couldn''t let lie!

I can be pretty UN reasonable at times but I would like to think that I talk about City.  What has kept my posting to a minimum recently is that there are too many posts that attempt to score points off other posters and have nothing to do with football. 

No offence A1, I like your posts but we are hardly talking Norwich City Football Club right now are we? 

It is depressing coming on here but it''s important that the reasonable majoritystand up and say what they think. I think that some of the "opposition" generally believe that the vast majority of Norwich fans side with them.

The 300 at the protest exposes that myth (although anybody happening to pass was counted by them). Nevertheless, we shouldn''t let them donimate any forum just because we are tired of their simplistic viewpoints.

Keep coming though Trent, people like you are needed here to keep the good posts going and so far your doing a wonderful job. Whilst some remain there is always hope just like how whilst hope is kept in club it will do well.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

A1 - I look every now and again, and post infrequently. Its just far too depressing coming on here. And as mentioned, the spite on here is amazing! Its just dull reading the same comments from the same people each and every day.

And as you quite rightly point out, even people who want Worthy out such as myself just cant be bothered to come on here anymore.

[/quote]

Trent, I''m current on the other side of the great divide but whole-heartedly agree with yours and the previous messages - the messageboard seems to be stuck in a vicious circle with claims and counter claims getting increasingly personal and derogatory... I read but rarely post now as reasonable discussions and debates get translated into direct and indirect tiranical abuse...

*reaches across the divide and shakes your hand...*

Not been a prolific poster ever, but some peoples opinions on here I am tempted to reply against and then think why bother! Why give them the air time which they so dearly love. That’s not saying that all of the poster who want change are not talking sense, but some go on and on…

To me it’s seems that the replacement of the manger is the only talk in town and as Delia’s and Michaels statement points out his record taken in context is not that bad. I heard a Norwich fan on radio five last Saturday state that it’s worse than the end of Chase regime.. Now that is taking the piss and distorting history to my mind.

Not happy with the season and who would be, but when there has been a lot worse times in the last ten years and we have played some rubbish footy in that time as well. Still I always enjoyed going and supporting the team. Let’s see how the season pans out and take stock is my interpretation of Delia’s statement. If you don’t like the football being played, then you have that choice not to go.

Not sure I posted often enough to consider myself a "reasonable" but I''ve certainly stopped reading and replying to this tripe regularly.  Trents right, its depressing and just plain nasty at times.  Things are bad, but some of the stuff I''ve read about Delia and Michael''s statement is completely uncalled for.OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="Anderz"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

Trent, I''m current on the other side of the great divide but whole-heartedly agree with yours and the previous messages - the messageboard seems to be stuck in a vicious circle with claims and counter claims getting increasingly personal and derogatory... I read but rarely post now as reasonable discussions and debates get translated into direct and indirect tiranical abuse...

*reaches across the divide and shakes your hand...*

[/quote]

Anderz, and therein lies the problem. "The great divide". As mentioned I want rid of him, but Im not going to treat anyone that does want him in as though they are a different species. If someone wants him to stay then fair enough, I dont agree with it, but Ive heard far far worse opinions about far more clear-cut things in my life. In my view this whole KTF and WO is rubbish, why not have a FI and an FO group for those supporters that want Fleming in or out of the team?

As you say, one group makes a claim thats been made every day. The other group counter claim with the same thing thats been made every day, they cant agree and it all turns to pot.

And as you nicely put at the bottom, I would shake hands with anyone on here. Be they someone that wants Worthy in or out, someone that wants Fleming in or out, someone that likes Greenos haircut or not, and someone that likes a pie at half time over sneaking in some choccies in your back pocket.

Reasonable debaters are now ''les miserables'' it seems.

I hope I am considered reasonable. Okay! I try to take the piss a lot but it is my way of dealing with posters who I consider to be getting on their high horses but it surely isn''t the same thing as pedantic name calling.