Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Delia statement

I have no problems with M&Ds opinion - we can just do without the patronising true supporter claptrap.

Delia - If you put what you thought was a nice cake in the oven and it collapsed and ended up a stodgy burnt mess, would you keep it in the oven and see if it improved or cast it aside and try make a new one? 

Hugh - a very clever analogy, if you don''t mind me saying so.

But, hey, let''s not forget that the cake was nice a couple of seasons ago.

And we really should ignore those other clever cooks around the place, who are making superb cakes with ingredients that are far inferior to those in our larder.

[quote user="Silver Canary"]Presumably you only want to unite behind our new manager if he is successful though. How long do you think we should give him before we start having a go at him?[/quote]

well I gave Nigel a season and a half of poor results, disgraceful performances, staggering desicions, baffling substitutions, abysmal play preferences of work rate over talent, as well as wasting a fair proportion of money.  So I reckon at least a season, barring relegation zone shananigans (with hucks, safri, doc, shackell, drury, greeno, mcveigh, mckenzie, fleming and erny even a hamilton could have us in mid table....

delias statement is welcomed by me as i have been calling for her to say something for long enough. sadly however it is nothing different to that which i expected, we should keep the faith in essence. well that may be her take on it, and after saying prudence with ambition, there was to be nothing else expected. this shows me that she isnt the ruthless businesswoman we think she is but quite dour i feel, just like our manager and the quality of football we see each week.

how much longer is she going to find it acceptable to be the nearly men? a team that were relegates should never be struggling as badly as we have at timews in this division.

with the current boardand its strange ideas in place, and no i dont think they should all go, not much will change.

she has fundamentally missed the point of what we are all unhappy about."PASSION, ROY, PASSION!" in the words of our manager but we have a severe lack of it both from the team and this speech. what about telling us what the board think would be an acceptable position for city to finish? how about a passion to see the fans entertained, but then again have you seen the lack of passion in delias cooking programmes too?

I would have been far happier about the statement if Delia had allowed the EDP/Pink Un to ask questions - the kind of questions I suspect most supporters wanted answers to.

sorry delia, i respect your sense of loyalty, and your determination to succeed, but in life it it''s not working, you just have to admit it sometimes and let go. obviously you''re drawing from experiences in your life where you fought through the bad times and won, and you could be right, but more often than not in football, when it gets this bad on the pitch a new manager is required to turn it around.  norwich supporters are not fickle and have given their support in bucket loads - it takes alot for them to protest.  the lack of support recently should be the most telling fact and all you need to know. 

Some people just amaze me - calling on the one hand for a statement from Delia and yet when they get it they simply pick holes in  what she has said and go on to propose what she should have said in order to back up their own views.  Get a grip and support the team.  For goodness sake we are 10th in the league not 20th.  If there were more supporters who understodd that it would be harder to get promoted the first time around than running around at the beginning of the season saying we will walk this league believing that other clubs were just going to lay down and let us walk all over them then maybe they would not be half as disappointed.  Yes there have been mistakes as there are in most walks of life but rather than letting it control your life (like it obviously does for some) get out find a new hobby and let things ride their course. A new season dawns in Aug - enjoy it.  

[quote user="NavMan"]

Some people just amaze me - calling on the one hand for a statement from Delia and yet when they get it they simply pick holes in  what she has said and go on to propose what she should have said in order to back up their own views.  Get a grip and support the team.  For goodness sake we are 10th in the league not 20th.  If there were more supporters who understodd that it would be harder to get promoted the first time around than running around at the beginning of the season saying we will walk this league believing that other clubs were just going to lay down and let us walk all over them then maybe they would not be half as disappointed.  Yes there have been mistakes as there are in most walks of life but rather than letting it control your life (like it obviously does for some) get out find a new hobby and let things ride their course. A new season dawns in Aug - enjoy it.  

[/quote]

"If there were more supporters who understodd that it would be harder to get promoted the first time around than running around at the beginning of the season saying we will walk this league believing that other clubs were just going to lay down "

well we seem to be laying down and getting beaton by the other clubs at the moment..  The only times this doesnt happen is when the other clubs are so poor they cannot take advantage of our lethagy.

Is anybody else just bored with the whole thing?

I would like Nigel to just go quietly and quickly in a Mick McCarthy / Graham Souness style, with a quick statement saying thanks for everything but right time for the club etc,etc, but I''m worn out by being angry at the games I''ve been to, angry about the games I haven''t attended but sit listening to on Canary World online, angry at comments by Nigel ( ''first class'' being my personal bete noir) and Skipper and Munby and morty and 1st Wizard and others, but now I''m sort of worn out by the whole thing.

Michael and Delia''s response is just as anyone would have predicted, concillatory but uncompromising, they do have a special relationship with Nigel, he manages the club they own for god sake. But I can''t get angry, I''ve sort of had it with the whole thing. 

The team performances have stank for a long time, nobody is happy at games anymore, I have stopped going, my season tickets snug in their NCFC leatherette wallet for weeks, I just feel that it''s time to walk away wait ''til it reaches an even lower ebb, which it definitely will without change and come back when it''s getting sorted, anything else is just far too time consuming, soul destroying and depressing and tiring. Yawn.