So, any changes to the starting 11 ?

Idah, or Hwang. the latter looked like he needs a bit more to get up to speed. The former doesn't look capable of getting up to speed. 

That Sunderland CB. Maybe in the starting line up, a sort of early Bathh. I can't see him being signed as mere back up. Simililarly, Forshaw.

Stacey looked like he was thinking 'this is my time' (mums watching). Called for the ball from pass bloke then followed into the box to see it home.  Not often the RB is the furthesr forward when we score, but great to see the players fitting in and exploiting where needed. Not sure how far Sainz is to first team action. Maybe 10 mins at the end.

I'd say neither Idah or Hwang for this one but an extra midfielder as its Leicester

I would have said Forshaw in but having not featured at all yesterday, not sure how likely it would be to throw him in from the start

58 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Personally I wouldn’t change a winning side, unless there is an injury.

We lost the second half though? Big time. Wagner will probably start with the same eleven, but might well be even quicker with his subs.

How people can be so quick to dismiss Hwang beats me. He only had one training session with the others after all. He'll clearly need time to blend in before he can be considered a starter. The Leicester game will probably be the wrong fixture for this in any event. 

We could well see Forshaw. He's no novice.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, RobJames said:

So, any changes to the starting 11 ?

Idah, or Hwang. the latter looked like he needs a bit more to get up to speed. The former doesn't look capable of getting up to speed. 

That Sunderland CB. Maybe in the starting line up, a sort of early Bathh. I can't see him being signed as mere back up. Simililarly, Forshaw.

Stacey looked like he was thinking 'this is my time' (mums watching). Called for the ball from pass bloke then followed into the box to see it home.  Not often the RB is the furthesr forward when we score, but great to see the players fitting in and exploiting where needed. Not sure how far Sainz is to first team action. Maybe 10 mins at the end.

Batth up front then maybe lol 

I would go to a single striker for this and play Gibbs as an extra midfielder. But I don’t think Wagner will. I think we are too open through the middle on the counter with the 4-4-2 and a good side will exploit that. 

We also need to stop doing so many stupid short goal kicks where Gibson then stops and gives the opposition the chance to box us in. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

We lost the second half though? Big time. Wagner will probably start with the same eleven, but might well be even quicker with his subs.

How people can be so quick to dismiss Hwang beats me. He only had one training session with the others after all. He'll clearly need time to blend in before he can be considered a starter. The Leicester game will probably be the wrong fixture for this in any event. 

My concern with Hwang is that he wasn’t the type of mobile, hard working striker I was expecting and that I think we need in our system/with the way we play. This is the problem with Idah also.

Hwang may well do the business for us. Not writing him off yet, but I was expecting a lot more energy and I’m not sure you need to have trained a lot with your team mates to provide that. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

We certainly didn’t play as well in the second half. However I don’t see how we can have lost it, since Stoke didn’t score any goals and this is an important part of winning football games, believe it or not. 
Additionally the second half saw five substitutions so we didn’t finish with the same team anyway. I fully expect the starting 11 to begin the match on Wednesday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

We certainly didn’t play as well in the second half. However I don’t see how we can have lost it, since Stoke didn’t score any goals and this is an important part of winning football games, believe it or not. 
Additionally the second half saw five substitutions so we didn’t finish with the same team anyway. I fully expect the starting 11 to begin the match on Wednesday.

It's an expression. Stoke were the better team and probably deserved a point in the end. Our defence was terrific in that second half and probably saved the game for us.

I'm aware of the final score.

Edited by BroadstairsR

If you wanted to change things up a bit... 

Barnes and Rowe up front. Give Rowe the Henry roaming role. Placheta down the left. You're not losing any pace then and you're also probably throwing Leicester's plans out a little bit in that they are likely preparing for the idea that Rowe will be on the left. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Leicester look like a side a cut above from the rest of the league. I dont think many teams are going to take points from them this season.

• Like 1

I think Wagner will have seen the way Leicester played at Southampton, the BBC report mentioned there "triple press" (whatever that is) and try to counter that, so I would not be surprised at a change in formation. Regarding yesterday, a win is a win but it was not a very entertaining game, but that is football. The substitutions yesterday made no real difference, the noticeable thing for me was how our left flank was loaded with pace but we barely exploited it in the second half.................

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We lost the second half though? Big time.

well lost it the same way Scotland beat england 0-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its no good going into the game with an inferiority complex. Leicester are doing well but so are we and we must keep on the front foot against teams especially at CR.

• Like 2

I would be tempted to drop Idah for an extra body in midfield, gibbs or Forshaw, but I think we may need to stick with Idah, he needs to have a run of games10-15 , and he needs to deliver finally

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We also need to stop doing so many stupid short goal kicks where Gibson then stops and gives the opposition the chance to box us in

Gunn regularly stops, or just leisurely walks forward with the ball with no intention of playing it, until he is pressed. 

It's a tactic designed to bring the opposition forward and expose them at the back. With two or three quick passes, we're four on four against the opposition with the ball on the halfway line and lots of space to exploit. We might gift the opponent a goal every now and again when it goes wrong, but this tactic will give us a lot of dangerous attacks against a defence that isn't set.

It's high risk, but high reward. This is why Gunn generally started booting the ball forward in the latter stages yesterday, because we didn't need a goal so there was little point in taking the risk.

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its no good going into the game with an inferiority complex. Leicester are doing well but so are we and we must keep on the front foot against teams especially at CR.

...but it would be pure folly to not take into account the opposition, its no good being wise after the event.

If we dont put in another midfielder , they will dominate us and win the game

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but it would be pure folly to not take into account the opposition, its no good being wise after the event.

If we dont put in another midfielder , they will dominate us and win the game

Of course we take them into account. DW will be telling the players how he plans to stop them. But I am he will also point out our home record and position in the table. And although we shouldn't rely on stas, Southampton had more possession than Leicester and more shots at goal, the same amount on target. And Leicester play a 433.

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The trouble with our bench is that it does not contain anyone who can come on and influence any change in the way we are playing if needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The trouble with our bench is that it does not contain anyone who can come on and influence any change in the way we are playing if needed.

Looks that way, but Hwang needs a chance and as I said, Saintz needs unveiling. I'm a Nunez fan, so hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later and hopefully back to his original best.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

They would be starting if they had that ability.

The OP was more looking at Bathh, Forshaw and Sainz and wondering if they are ready to start, rather than who in the staring 11 needs replacing.

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

They would be starting if they had that ability.

The OP was more looking at Bathh, Forshaw and Sainz and wondering if they are ready to start, rather than who in the staring 11 needs replacing.

I should have used the word currently when describing our bench and yesterday that included Batth and Forshaw.

Edited by TIL 1010

Gunn 

Stacey.      Duffy.      Gibson.   Dimi 

Kenny.     Forshaw.    Sara 

Rowe.      Fass

Barnes

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Same starting 11 I suspect as yesterday. Could be a very, very difficult game for us as we clearly miss the dynamism of a certain missing forward

Just now, East Rider said:

Same starting 11 I suspect as yesterday. Could be a very, very difficult game for us as we clearly miss the dynamism of a certain missing forward

Rowe looks an ideal replacement. Drop the useless Idah and bring in Gibbs who is versatile to cover as the game dictates. With Idah you would not put an F1 car on the grid because it may be fast enough.................eventually.

The way to play a team that are excellent on the counter is to counter them. Someone said put Rowe up top and Placheta on the wing - can definitely see the thought process behind that if we got a tackle on their counter and sent it to one of those two, but personally, I'd drop the number 10 and replace with a more defensive midfielder. So for me it's Barnes OR Idah OR Hwang.

I'd go 4-5-1 with two wingers, and put Gibbs or Forshaw in central midfield alongside McLean and Sara.

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Gunn regularly stops, or just leisurely walks forward with the ball with no intention of playing it, until he is pressed. 

It's a tactic designed to bring the opposition forward and expose them at the back. With two or three quick passes, we're four on four against the opposition with the ball on the halfway line and lots of space to exploit. We might gift the opponent a goal every now and again when it goes wrong, but this tactic will give us a lot of dangerous attacks against a defence that isn't set.

It's high risk, but high reward. This is why Gunn generally started booting the ball forward in the latter stages yesterday, because we didn't need a goal so there was little point in taking the risk.

Straight out of the Brighton textbook, that. Not to mention we've plenty of pace with Rowe, Hernandez and Placheta around on the wings, and Dimi and Stacey further back.

Going to enjoy Wednesday night with the same team starting as Saturday. Most of this thread is a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. Mostly it's about a lot of people's prejudices aimed at the removal of Adam idah from the team.

it is not going to happen this side of Xmas.

A rare contributor suggested let Leicester worry about Norwich. Correct which team has scored most goals in the championship? Which team beat Hull at home and which team didnt. 

Hwang needs time to get fit Forshaw can't play 90 minutes and one person even proposed dropping Fassnacht. So there is life on Mars.

it is going to be a hell of a game played in a gale. I expect both teams will be happy with a draw and maybe given the weather conditions a goalless one at that.