Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Neil Doncaster

Once again I take my hat off to our chairman Neil Doncaster.  He makes himself available to the fans, and although I disagree with him on this issue am proud to have such an individual running our club.  He could be running and hiding but he doesnt, he is honest unyet not abrasive and ignorant like skipper.  He will give you his views in a forthright manner rather than the ''we dont want to sack our friend'' from Delia and co.

His forthright and honest article in todays paper makes Rick Waghorn''s latest attempt at journalism look pathetic.  Never have I seen a man sidestep te issue so reguarly as our Waghorn.  Rick seems to be advocating the tall, well built, slim arses motto of the current youth setup.  Well Bobby Zamora and Shaun Wright Phillips were dumped for being too small by a couple of acadamies and our most talented players and all under 6 foot.  Shame they dont fit into your (and Nigel''s) favoured hoofball tactic.

When Rick does write an article on the current situation he writes it in some sort of code so we have to work out what the hell he is on about.  When we work it out but get the wrong end of the stick he has to write another article in a similar code to flumox us again.

Whom is the journalist and whom is side stepping the issue of the day??  Reading the articles you would think the two had got mixed up.

Neil Doncaster Honest Article:  http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx

Rick Waghorns Latest Utter Drivel:  http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/RickWaghorn.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=RickWaghorn&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=RickWaghorn&itemid=NOED08%20Mar%202006%2012%3A10%3A05%3A073

A few weeks ago I wrote to Doncaster, Delia and Munby expressing my concerns with a few things( mainly style of play). To his credit I had a reply from Doncaster within 2 days and it was immediately apparent that he had taken the time to read what I had said in my letter as he responded to individual points within it. I didn''t agree with much of what he said but that''s hardly the point- at least he made the effort.

About a week later I got a bog standard reply from Delia which seemed as though she had just got a job lot of fobbing letters and signed one. Certainly no refence to anything specific I wrote.

Still waiting for a reply from Mr. Munby but I do take my hat off to Doncaster for his swift and detailed reply.