Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

TNC's Jack Reeve Stranded

I read that article during my regular late afternoon flick through the local press and had a wry smile at it.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And to think he could have just gone to Yarmouth and had some rock instead

He lives in Yarmouth - the article confirms that too

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23753613.talk-norwich-city-founder-stranded-following-airline-chaos/?ref=socialflow

I'm thinking about starting a gofund me page, to keep him there longer, and if we raise enough we can send the other one there to join him too! 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I read that article during my regular late afternoon flick through the local press and had a wry smile at it.

**** me the sad bitterness of some is really quite pathetic.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The lack of a sense of humour of some is really quite pathetic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Bitter about what exactly ?

Croatia is very nice this time of year.

But if you take a taxi at any point, just make sure you've made a will beforehand.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The lack of a sense of humour of some is really quite pathetic.

My sense of humour doesn't involve laughing at someone else's misfortune.

• Like 7

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

My sense of humour doesn't involve laughing at someone else's misfortune.

I bet you're fun at a party! 

Poor old him must be so hard to be on hols and lose so much money. 

But on another note did you listen to his side kick on the scrimmage last night telling city fan and sky sports presenter Simon Thomas to sing otbc on his show if we get promoted. What a turnip, how in embarrassing he was. Like a little kid who in a sweet shop not. Even Butler had to cover up and stop him and say Thomson is pro and couldn't do that. 

14 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Why is this even news? If this the level of stories no wander journalism is dying!

The site is local news, not the BBC. He's a semi famous internet personality who lives in Yarmouth. The local news reporting on this is Yarmouth based.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The site is local news, not the BBC. He's a semi famous internet personality who lives in Cromer. The local news reporting on this is Cromer based.

51 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He lives in Yarmouth - the article confirms that too

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fair

YARMOUTH! 

image.png.f4db16dde5c892863a491214300b5d25.png

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

I have demeaned my self to respond, but I care not if he is on holiday longer than planned (it happens regularly) and care for this thread even less 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

YARMOUTH! 

image.png.f4db16dde5c892863a491214300b5d25.png

Crikey, he either earns a lot , spends a lot  or both . He's not in the Antarctic.  2 grand in 4 days !!! 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Crikey, he either earns a lot , spends a lot  or both . He's not in the Antarctic.  2 grand in 4 days !!! 

TBF Corkio - the quote is "£2k out of pocket" - so that could include additional expenditure for extended stay, ie accommodation and travel back rather than just lost earnings. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

TBF Corkio - the quote is "£2k out of pocket" - so that could include additional expenditure for extended stay, ie accommodation and travel back rather than just lost earnings. 

He won’t be liable for that, it was on 5live that he has that paid for him. 

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

He won’t be liable for that, it was on 5live that he has that paid for him. 

Havent heard that - but who by? insurance im assuming? not sure why any one else would pay it for him, as its a holiday.

Just now, Greavsy said:

Havent heard that - but who by? insurance im assuming? not sure why any one else would pay it for him, as its a holiday.

Simon Calder saying it was basically BAs/Airlines responsibility to both find and pay for any required room for extended stay. Insurance won’t cover it 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Simon Calder saying it was basically BAs/Airlines responsibility to both find and pay for any required room for extended stay. Insurance won’t cover it 

Cheers  - that makes sense - wonder what the £2K is then, could be just lost earnings, but im sure with the WFH world we live in now, and most of his work appearing to be online etc, im sure he could work from anywhere.  

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

I get that , cheers.  A quick Google has loads of places to stay  within walking distance of Split airport from €50 a night upwards, with Wi-Fi etc.  Hotels from  from around €80. €500 should get a one way ticket back to uk , maybe not Norwich or stansted. ... couple of hundred quid for grub ...that's a lot of grub in Croatia.  Some of his work is paid , some not. Yet in 4 days hes lost a grand.? ... sounds like someone's got good insurance.  

6 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Insurance covers whatever BA won't.  Should just enjoy the extended trip.

Just now, Greavsy said:

Cheers  - that makes sense - wonder what the £2K is then, could be just lost earnings, but im sure with the WFH world we live in now, and most of his work appearing to be online etc, im sure he could work from anywhere.  

He could be exaggerating or does have a lucrative job outside TNC. That said, if he is in certain industry it might be a big contract type thing? My mate is self employed and does sound installations, if he couldn’t fulfil a job due to being out of the country it could be easily a few thousand 

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

He could be exaggerating or does have a lucrative job outside TNC. That said, if he is in certain industry it might be a big contract type thing? My mate is self employed and does sound installations, if he couldn’t fulfil a job due to being out of the country it could be easily a few thousand 

he does have jobs outside of TNC. Racing post was one I believe. 

Not sure of any others but a quick google shows this

Jack Reeve

Social Engagement Manager at Spotlight Sports Group. Founder of TalkNorwichCity

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

Why exactly does anyone really need to know about this sycophantic, wannabe celeb being stranded? Does this really constitute news?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why exactly does anyone really need to know about this sycophantic, wannabe celeb being stranded? Does this really constitute news?

Enough for you to call him a sycophantic wannabe celeb on a thread rather than ignore it, obviously.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Croatia is very nice this time of year.

But if you take a taxi at any point, just make sure you've made a will beforehand.

I'm here in Croatia right now. Never had an issue here or anywhere else, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Belize South Africa..., 'trouble' is a great judge of character, it usually finds those that deserve it. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Restaurant bills is my guess.