Sign in to follow this  
caribbean canary

Fans are destroying this club

We''ve had a bad season. Get used to it. Stop throwing toys out of prams, and stop having a go in the middle of games. Those of you who are determined to bring down Delia and her husband will be solely responsible if the money is sucked out of this club and we get relegated. All because you had a tiny taste of the Premiership and now you can''t cope.

Patience, whether with Worthy or not, will see us go back up. Whilst you have every right to make your views known, at least keep them to before or after the game - not during. 

This has got to be the most pathetic, hystrerical and pointless post on here for some time.

I thought that half term had already come and gone? 

Exactly. If you hate coming that much, don''t bother. Stay away and let loyal fans enjoy it. Much as I hate to see losing or playing badly what is really upsetting is to see the and hear the morons demoralizing the players, the fans, the board the management and everybody who really cares about the club.

If you want to win all the time there''s a team in South London.

I actually find this quite offensive....  I think you will find the ONLY worthy out chant from the norwich fans came with about 5 minutes to go. They did NOT sing it earlier in the match.  If some Worthy Outers are doinmg a silent protest that should not stop the rest of the fans from singing (especially as there are so few worthy outers).  Where the hell are the other fans now!!!  oh whats that, you mean there is nothing happening on the pitch to get the fans going...  no crunching tackles, great passing, flicks or tricks, whats that nothing to get the crowds going apart from some chap running around chasing the football like a kid on a park??

I beg top differ...  if the team did anything to get the crtowd going they would chant, however playing this dire Nigel Worthington Hoofball it is just a pain to watch.

CC

I have gone from KTF at the begining of the year to WO  by January and I have to say that dispite wanting Worthy to leave I am pretty much ashamed of most of those who want the same. I am talking in the whole of posters comments on this board here. What I mean by that is that you can now guarentee what ever statement comes out of the club, be it Worthy, Delia,MWJ, Doncaster or other, there is this instant attack and spin on what they have said. You could pretty much guarantee now that whatever they say or what happens with players, that the pathetic response will be something negative or anti-club.  I have repeatedly requested that posters keep to the facts rather that shooting off the hip. But I still find people saying things like "why hasn''t Worthy played Ryan Jarvis all year?" He''s not Available for selection dim wit! He''s been injured. And whilst it is unfair to base this experience on the whole WO brigade, I still find similar comments cropping up daily that bemuse me into wondering exactly how much about the club some people know. Now that only goes as deep as to read the official web site. Then you can go deeper and look at those who claim to know about how this or any club functions daily. Some people don''t seem to understand how the January transfer window works for example. They don''t understand that it is in effect an ebay auction that will be dictated by the highest bidder given the short selling period. Yet sure enough, complaints come flooding in about Earnshaw and his price. Theres always one who doesn''t get it.

Do your homework people before you even try and comment on what is and what isn''t relevent in football. I want Wothy to go but that''s because he has reached his expiry date as a useful asset. Not because of our position, not because of the players he has signed but because he isn''t capable of re grouping our club. A new lease of life at this stage of our development is essential to making us a contender for promotion and a possible stayer in the Premiership.

But back to the point, you will find this board flooded with reactive comments containing little foundation. Makes you wonder sometimes how much football some people have watched. I seriously think the moderators should only post comments that can be factually backed up where sweeping statements are made. You would then see a culture of quality and not quantity. A lack of use initially but long term the knowledgeable posters would return to debate on a level far superior to what we are experiencing now. I have no problem with someone who disagrees with me providing they can back it up with useful content. But what I will find is that the next response to this will be full of spurious content and irrational thought.

I want to post here because I enjoy the debate but I see why so many have left.

Absolute rubbish , Worthington is ruining the club , his  football is crap, my god he even thought the win over Stoke was great . The sooner he goes the better untill he does the divide will remain.

Sorry Caribbean I didn''t realise the last 2 years or dire football was all my fault, thank you for putting me and many others right.

What the hell are you talking about. So you think we should pay hundreds of pounds a year and just accept that we are losing to sides that are utter crap eg millwall. And we should accept that although we have won quite a few games this year I can count our good performances on 1 hand. We should accept that we have spent around 5 million this year and our best players are the ones who we either had last year or the youth. And above all else we should accept a season that has had more turning points that siverstone.

May I ask how many games have you been to this year?

Foghorn - what some of us find offensive is the few who responded to a winning goal by resuming their chants of "Worthy Out".
The players - having overcome the negative atmosphere - persisted, came up with the goods and were rewarded how? By some who thought this the perfect time to have a go at the manager! I can''t speak for in the ground, but on the radio your first efforts to sing "Worthy Out" were swiftly drowned out by a chorus of "Yellow Army" - the silent majority?

y & g blood - You pay hundreds of pounds a year in the hope that you will see good football, whilst supporting the team you have chosen to follow. Everyone would love to see slick passing moves - but it''s not that simple, sometimes you end up watching dross. It''s a chance you take when you pay your money. You don''t have to like it, but sometimes that''s what you get and there is no quick fix!

Don''t get me going on the "How many games do you go to?" non-argument it''s been done to death by people from both sides of the fence and it''s irrelevant.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I actually find this quite offensive....  I think you will find the ONLY worthy out chant from the norwich fans came with about 5 minutes to go. They did NOT sing it earlier in the match.  If some Worthy Outers are doinmg a silent protest that should not stop the rest of the fans from singing (especially as there are so few worthy outers).

[/quote]It''s not just the protests though. Frankly I don''t agree with them, but it is not my place to say what other supporters should/shouldn''t be doing. The thing that I really hate is the amount of abuse dished out towards Worthington on this and other messages boards; the childish images and name calling. Maybe he has reached the end of the road for Norwich City, but I think it''s shameful that people have forgotten exactly what he and the board have achieved over the last few years and don''t treat him with even the most basic respect.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Foghorn - what some of us find offensive is the few who responded to a winning goal by resuming their chants of "Worthy Out".
The players - having overcome the negative atmosphere - persisted, came up with the goods and were rewarded how? By some who thought this the perfect time to have a go at the manager! I can''t speak for in the ground, but on the radio your first efforts to sing "Worthy Out" were swiftly drowned out by a chorus of "Yellow Army" - the silent majority?

y & g blood - You pay hundreds of pounds a year in the hope that you will see good football, whilst supporting the team you have chosen to follow. Everyone would love to see slick passing moves - but it''s not that simple, sometimes you end up watching dross. It''s a chance you take when you pay your money. You don''t have to like it, but sometimes that''s what you get and there is no quick fix!

Don''t get me going on the "How many games do you go to?" non-argument it''s been done to death by people from both sides of the fence and it''s irrelevant.
[/quote]

The worthy out chants came from the Stoke Fans.  I didnt actually sing worthy out in the stadium during the match (I did against Brighton however).

I think the ''how many games do you go to'' quote was in direct response to allegations as to what happens at the games.  The matches have only had a bad atmosphere since the Ipswich defeat.  What excuse does the team have for the 5 months of awful football preceding this??

Well said Fat Barman although I am unsure how much of the ''Worthy Out'' stuff was actually from the Stoke area. I felt the attitude of the crowd at the end of this match was poor and the players attitude was excellent despite it all. As for the rest of the game we all know it was low quality but again the team coped well with the mood as it was clearly projected onto the pitch.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Foghorn - what some of us find offensive is the few who responded to a winning goal by resuming their chants of "Worthy Out".

[/quote]

I listened to this one on the radio Fat Barman - I didn''t hear ''Yellow Army'' by "the silent majority" being sung at all, must have been drowned out completely by the "offensive few" singing Worthy out!

"...what is really upsetting is to see the and hear the morons demoralizing the players, the fans, the board the management and everybody who really cares about the club..."

The Players - Neil Adams, an ex-professional, says that it has no effect on the players whatsoever. Or do you think that you know more than an ex-professional?

The Fans - Me, and at least hundreds of others are not demoralised by the protests, thank you.

The Board - Poor loves, they''ve had a bit of a orugh ride recently, have they? They want to try being on the Board of a really passionate Club like Newcastle - then they''d start twitching!

"Everybody who really cares about the Club" - The ones that really care about this Club are the fans who are trying to effect change in order to get us out of the mess that we have endured on the pitch for the past two seasons and will continue to do so under Worthington. Those who don''t seem top care are those who bury their head in the sand, content to put up with embarrassing performances like Reading and Crystal Palace away. 

"If you''re not part of the solution, you''re part of the problem".