Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Would YOU ever back Worthy 100%?.

Just out of curiosity, and putting our WO and KTF feelings to one side (no, its not a poll) would you ever, and the word is EVER, back Worthy 100%?. And if so why?.

I will be amazed if I recieve any replies which are not personal attacks on me!.

For myself, he has done okay in the past, I''ll acknowledge that at least, but it is the past!. I''ve never liked him, both as a manager and a person (he''s tactically inept and comes across as far too arrogant) so no, I''ll never back him.

Still, I guess you knew that.

And I have included ''ablity'' in my reckoning, I suggest you do as well!.[^o)]

I will back him for the sake of the club, if fate decides we get on a roll and start winning some matches, it certainly wouldnt be anything to do with worthy. But I still feel he would be underacheiving and we would fail again with him at the helm if we ever somehow got back to the premiership. Unfortunatly even if we didn''t win for the first 15 matches second time around he would not be sacked, such is the pathetic stance from our board.

Respect and trust are a two way street and needs to be earnt by words and deeds, what has Worthy done in the recent past to merit such.  Arrogance and single bloody mindedness precludes me from ever giving him any measure of either of the above.

Lets ignore his lack of managerial abilities and reflect on how poor football has become at Carrow Rd.

Would I ever back Worthy 100%?  Nope - not now.  It''s gone past the point of no return for me.  Sorry, Worthy.  Thanks for the good times - but time to go now.... 

Wiz, I won''t issue personal attacks to anyone on here, we are mere fans (some of us nurse abusers no less!). 

As to your question, no, not now.  It''s gone too far for me and the standard of football, coupled with the attitude of the manager towards the fans, and his criticism of our most creative players merely cements my views that he should be dispensed with forthwith and we can then get this club back to playing football as it was meant to be played again.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Wiz, I won''t issue personal attacks to anyone on here, we are mere fans (some of us nurse abusers no less!). 

As to your question, no, not now.  It''s gone too far for me and the standard of football, coupled with the attitude of the manager towards the fans, and his criticism of our most creative players merely cements my views that he should be dispensed with forthwith and we can then get this club back to playing football as it was meant to be played again.

[/quote]

I thought I was alone with this ''gone too far'' thing Gazza.

I''m surprised no one has come to his defence yet, I really am.

Are the Smiths even aware of this stance?, because no matter what they say now, supporters like us will never change our minds now.

i doubt i could ever back someone 100%, i cudnt even back myself 100% in the job, theres far to many variables that myself and a manager can conflict on, although to be honest i think Worthless gets about 2% of my backing at present, and thats only from the signings for Drury, Nedergaard (i think he signed him anyways?) and Safri. although all three (maybe 2) seem to have been dumb luck concidering many of the rest.

I not if it''s a question of ever backing worthy 100%. I think it''s more about confidence and trust. I don''t think I would ever have 100% confidence in Worthy, and on that score I think it would be hard to ever back him 100% I''m sorry to say. My confidence in Worthy as a manager has been eroded away, and I don''t think I would ever trust him again. Sorry. 

Sorry Wizard, why are you surprised? The reason is right here, staring

you in the face in your very own post, and has been highlighted in

several others recently. The point has been made a few times and will

be shared by many that there''s just no point debating here any more.

(Just look back at my "Where have all the ''les reasonables'' gone" post

if you want to see who). And why don''t they come out? Because you''ve

all made your mind up already and RIGHT HERE ADMITTED that you''ll never

change it. So what''s the point in debating with you? You are inviting

people to come and take the sword from the stone! And then you''re

surprised that no-one bothers!!  In a good debate there is give

and take, humility and respect. There is precious little of that at the

on here. Although my post referred to above did a lot to restore my

faith in many posters.

They showed that they are still out there but prefer not to enter the gladatorial arena that has been created here!

An interesting question Wiz, even if Worthy holds on by his finger nails now, improves beyound belief and wins promotion in 2007, I just don''t feel he has what it takes to hack it in the Prem, it would be a bit like backing a horse who is unlikely to make it out of the stalls but even if he does will always fade in the final furlong!

[quote user=" Hugh Jarse"]

An interesting question Wiz, even if Worthy holds on by his finger nails now, improves beyound belief and wins promotion in 2007, I just don''t feel he has what it takes to hack it in the Prem, it would be a bit like backing a horse who is unlikely to make it out of the stalls but even if he does will always fade in the final furlong!

[/quote]I''m not sure that I agree.When you say that you are not sure that Worthington has what it takes to be a premiership manager - untill the last day of last season he did have what it took to be in the top 17 managers in the country.In my opinion he is better than Bryan Robson, I also rate him on a par with Warnock although not anywhere near as annoying!Its strange that people suggest Dowie would be better when he had Andrew Johnson all season and we only had the required strikeforce from January onwards when we picked up and were a much more consistant side. You don''t beet teams like Man U by luck or chance - you have to be on your game and focused. That day everything went right.What I don''t like however is the idea not to risk the youngsters. Why play a pro out of position when you could give a youngster a couple of games in positions they are more accustomed to?That is really the biggest issue that I have.Its great to have McKenzie back - if we can get that ball back along the deck like we did for most of the promotion season and the premiership then Earnie and McKenzie should start because I don''t think there are many teams in this division which would have the personel to contain their pace.As for the premiership I would refer you back to many opposition managers who praised our style of play and that at least we lost playing good football rather than the stuff of desperation as WBA still seem to play!Infact I would say this - Worthington is no worse or even better than - Warnock, Rednap, McCarthy, Dave Jones, Glen Hoddle, Kevin Blackwell and Bryan Robson. Give me a chance and I could probably name some more!