Sign in to follow this  
Mariner

Delia's Vision of Norwich City

I find myself annoyed by the description of our Club as being one of "few resources".   Crowds of 25000 seem to me to be a very considerable resource and one to which her loyalty should be always be directed.   It would be nice if she could understand that there are clubs in eastern England, some doing very well at the moment, that are small compared with Norwich City.  The lady, for all her qualities, doesn''t seem to be able to get out of her "brave little Norwich" mindset.  I find it patronising in the extreme.   It''s what we have done recently with our resources that should be the worry.  Perhaps another footballing mind, in some sort of position outside the present ruling triumvirate, would help.  Our tactics and our style of play are so dire, anything is worth a try.

But, Mariner, doesn''t it explain why she''s so happy to have Worthington at the helm. Too much prudence, no ambition.

I take the point about the name but it has nothing to do with a certain striker!  It''s just that I lived close to Mariner''s Lane in my youth.