Sign in to follow this  
Winning 25

Need to give Rowe a new contract

His contact expires at end of next season (2025.) Same with Sargent. The club doesn't have the 1 year option with either player. We could be forced to sell below market value within the next two transfer windows. Better to act now, use the money received from Aaron's and Rashica sales, and extend both players contacts.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

His contact expires at end of next season (2025.) Same with Sargent. The club doesn't have the 1 year option with either player. We could be forced to sell below market value within the next two transfer windows. Better to act now, use the money received from Aaron's and Rashica sales, and extend both players contacts.

This lad looks the business, longer the contract the better.

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Winning 25 said:

no point messing around 5 year contract

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

Makes sense to give them both 5 year contracts. 

It will make absolutely no difference to how long they stay here, but at least we'll get a better price.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

Yes definitely. 5 years with an option of 1 further.

Send Jonny Rowe to Plymuff on loan....an' maybe they'll take up the option to buy him an' we might get a million quid for him?....

The problem is we've left it too late. Any decent agent would insist on an exit clause. 

In defence of the club, his start has been delayed a year by injury. And if you give all promising youngsters big contracts you will come unstuck. 

Assuming he keeps playing like he is at the moment he will be sold next summer. I think he'll actually get better. 

It all just sums up the fact that players now have the upper hand and the odds are stacked against clubs like Norwich. 

10 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

Add Angus to that list too. Need to get him signed up!

• Like 1

Did Rowe play well last night or just score? I didn't see much of the game, thankfully by the sound of things. Sounded like a bore fest

Offer new long term contract, he will sign irrespective of agent, if he fails to sign.  Puts his place in the team and therefore a rosy future in doubt, he needs to continue to be first team player.  Not playing an empty threat but needs to be taken seriously.  

Gunn, Rowe, and Sargent all need to be offered new contracts, or otherwise we will be left with no option but to sell them next summer. I’m not entirely convinced they would accept 5 year + 1 contracts but as others have said, the longer the better 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Gunn, Rowe, and Sargent all need to be offered new contracts, or otherwise we will be left with no option but to sell them next summer. I’m not entirely convinced they would accept 5 year + 1 contracts but as others have said, the longer the better 

Need to protect any assets with decent contracts. What is the position on Sara's contract?

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

I'm quite sure they would if the figures stack up. Length of contract has little baring on the length of time that a player is tied to the club these days.. 

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Add Angus to that list too. Need to get him signed up!

Need a better keeper if we ever get promoted again though. Good enough for the Championship. 

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Need a better keeper if we ever get promoted again though. Good enough for the Championship. 

We're probably a long way of that position currently though to start worrying about premiership signings.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

We're probably a long way of that position currently though to start worrying about premiership signings.

Agreed. But I have thought that in the past and have been pleasantly proven wrong. I live in hope. 

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Need to protect any assets with decent contracts. What is the position on Sara's contract?

Contract expires summer 2026. Has the option of extension though, so effectively 2027

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Contract expires summer 2026. Has the option of extension though, so effectively 2027

A level of protection there then, seeing as he is probably our best player. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I think there are other priorities way ahead of goalie if we do go up.

Edit: sorry, *when* we go up. HMS P1ss the League is back!

Edited by Nuff Said