Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Earnshaw dropped on Sat

It depends how the formation is used and who is in the 5 part; as  the four are reasonably solid whoever is there 

It could work as log as support gets to Leon quickly - I have frequently suggested 4-2-3-1 a variation on 4-5-1 used by Porugal, Greece, Barca and Chelsea where we have JJ2, Hux and WLY in the 3 part.  All 3 can break with pace to support leon but can defend limiting space for leeds to break through.

If we sit too deep and dont pass the ball out of defence we will struggle to keep possession, look incohesive and constantly on the back foot.

Thanks for the leak Nige, fingers crossed it works.

what will the 5 look like? i guess something like:

wly--hughes--saf--robbo--hucks

I''d like to see this though:

hughes--saf--robbo--hucks

----------wly--------------

------------leon-----------

hughes passing issues are less exposed when he''s on the right and he

affords more protection to our right side which has been so soft this

year without a drury to carry the can on that side. macca needs freedom

and space to roam, as does hux i suppose but they can''t both play that

role!

jj sub for leon, earny for macca.

why should earnshaw be dropped just beacuase he has only scored 2 goals in 6 games. i feel he has played well and seeing as he has not played first team football much at wba then he is doing good!! you are all to quick to jump on the bandwagon and use him not scoring as an excuse saying he was a bad signing to get worthy out!!!

you should be ashamed to call yourself fans

Might be a good way to make use of Hux, JJ and WLY. I think that inventive attack is the only chance we have against Leeds. If we''re gonna get tanned, might as well go down giving them something to think about in return rather than just sitting on the edge of our box trying to limit damage.

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]

why should earnshaw be dropped just beacuase he has only scored 2 goals in 6 games. i feel he has played well and seeing as he has not played first team football much at wba then he is doing good!! you are all to quick to jump on the bandwagon and use him not scoring as an excuse saying he was a bad signing to get worthy out!!!

you should be ashamed to call yourself fans

[/quote]

I think you have totally got the wrong end of the stick here.  The reason why people are putting the question of whether to bench him for the bext game, is because he has looked totally out of sorts with us hoofing the ball downfield and JJ2 and Mckenzie are looking on fire at the moment.  You say you feel he is ''playing well'', I can safely say having been to the home games that I have barely seen him touch a ball, and his News of the world rating for Palace was 2/10 and stoke 4/10.  I am not blaming him as he is obviously a talent, however while the team is still hoofing it upfield what is the point of him being on the pitch??

imo we should play the 433 which i just mentioned. but atm its JJ i would go for alongside McKenzie and Squiz. and then Earnie will have to fight for a place with Hux.

Green

Flem    Doherty    Shackell    Drury

Robinson   Safri   Hughes

Johannson   McKenzie  McViegh.

should be JJ and Mckenzie upfront as no service is given to earnshaw.

Will Drury be fit?

Hopefully fleming will fail a late fitness test!

A1anary posted - "...hughes passing issues are less exposed when he''s on the right."

That''s like saying that Mourinho has some humility issues!

I think what you''re trying to say is that Highes is useless at passing the ball. Why don''t you just come out and say that?

Good!! Put Jarvis on the bench and send Earnie back to West Brom, of all the loan signings that we''ve ever made the most important was Earnie at least we could then have sent him back!! Go on Leon embarrass him again this week!! and show how limited he really is.

Earnie, Earnie the most expensive sub we''ve ever seen. Had we of had pots of money then yes he would been a good buy to keep the warm,  however we are seriously lacking in plenty of other areas!!

Earnie is now a very expensive bench warmer and rightly filling his normal roll!! Hands up who would rather have some home grown youth there ready to make a name for themselves. Anyone remember a certain young lad who came on and nearly blasted the Liverpool net into the barclay?? um and if I remember rightly he can reach the ball with his head cos he''s not 4"10

Excellent youth policy but what a mess!!!! please don''t get me started on the money that we''ve spent on this overweight crisp packet, please don''t mention the narrow width that he plays in and then there is the word lazy!!!!!!!

Oh panic panic panic I''ve got some cash in my pocket and I''ve gotta spend it to keep the fans happy, how happy are we at the moment Mr. Worthy??

Earnshaw should be dropped, but not for another midfielder, he should be dropped for Johansen

Johansen is flying on form, scoring goals, and would give Leon more support upfront that a lightweight Earnshaw

-----------GREEN--------
-Flem-Doc-Shacks-Drury
-----Safri-Robinson-------
-WLY------------Hux----
-------JJ2-Leon---------