Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Which current Norwich player would you be and why?

I''d be Leon, as he is always totally committed and has a huge fan base. I hope the national rag stuff is over though :) Quite like his Range Rover too.

I''d be Huckerby,as been told i''m his double.....only difference being is i play on the right,but just as quick as him anyday !

Safri - Creative, Likes to play proper football (where possible!) and likes to shoot from range.

Whether this happens is another matter!

I did a similar thing on the "it''s just not football" forum.

That was based on when/if you ever played the game yourself, which norwich player past or present did you most resemble.

I said Dixon Etuhu. Low self asteem probably. It made him feel better though. 

I think i''d quite like to be LM. Good hard worker and he know his way around the ladies too.

Shackell -- the only center half have pace in the squad

Leon -- give 200% in every game

Hucks -- no need to say more

Drury -- best defender outside the Premiership

I would probably be flem - was good once, loyal servant,  gives his all and is passionate for the club but age has caught up with him.

[quote user="HertsCanary"]I''d be Huckerby,as been told i''m his double.....only difference being is i play on the right,but just as quick as him anyday ![/quote]

Yes ,   but Hucks isn`t playing   against   kids in the park   , ha ha 

Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote

I always likened myself to Mark Rivers, lazy, underacheiving and just can''t be bothered most of the time with the very occasional flash of inspiration.

And playing when you should be working, hey?

I''d like to be Drury. Let people think they''ve got the better of me, before effortlessly taking the wind out of their sails....

I remember a post like this before where we had to say which player in the world would we compare ourselves too. I think I ended up with a mash of players!I think realisticaly I play like Hughes and want to be more of a Safri! I have games where I am able to pull off the passing bit too but it doesn''t help when our defenders decided to bypass midfield with intercontinental bellistic missiles for our fast and good footed strikers to try in vein to win - sound like any team we know?If I was to say which player would I want to be? I think Huckerby or McVeigh. Simply because they have what no one else does - and thats the ability to win matches by themselves, to have two players mark them and still find a way to loose them or beat them or just make them look very ordinary. And two players that are loyal to this club.The other thing is with Huckerby - I have the most respect for that guy because in times of bung claims etc he stuck two fingers up at his agent who had been messing him around and signed for where he wanted to be not where his agent would get more money etc. Good on the lad - a sure cult hero for us now?!!!

I think I''d be Peter Thorne. Work hard, always give my all, let other people have the glory but rarely get any myself!

or I think I could be The Doc, started off a bit useless, not sure what I was doing, but now have turned it round and am probably the one of the best.

I just can''t decide!

I''d be McVeigh

quality, sharpe, well dressed, not a bad looker, stylish, loved by the fans, no doubtfully the only REAL talented player at the club

Simple answer.......any of them! They are obviously not told what to do, apart from hoof the ball as soon as they get it! Apart from that, all they have to do is jog about for an hour and a half once a week and get paid a small fortune for the pleasure, whilst the bloke who is supposed to be in charge makes up excuses for them. They clearly don''t have to listen to tactics like other teams. Nice work if you can get it! The only down side of the arrangement is that they have to wear shorts during the winter, and sometimes the people who sit around the ground sing naughty songs about them or their boss! Life is hard!

I''d love to be nigel Worthington.

Having noability as a manager yet picking up 15k a week, without doing anything good. Knowing, that you have security because the board loved yo and that if you did get sacked a seven figure pay off is on the cards. 

I cant say who i would like to be,but i can say which player i wouldnt want to be and thats Greeno. With my back problem (old age) i wouldnt be able to keep bending over picking the ball out of the back of the net due to another cock up by the defence!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

either Hucks - fast and scares defence  

Safri - amazing passing and tackling

McVeigh - natural ability

[/quote]

Safri - I think that should be amazing passing 20 percent of the time. He loses possession more and more these days.

I''d be Etuhu.

Big signing on fee burning a hole in my pocket.

Nice pay packet each week.

Get to sit on my backside every Saturday and watch my mates do all the work.

At worst have to join them for 20 minutes and stroll around while still watching them do all the work.

I''d be Mcveigh - his alround play and vision is superb and he fully deserves his new contract he is the only player working his socks off at the moment.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I always likened myself to Mark Rivers, lazy, underacheiving and just can''t be bothered most of the time with the very occasional flash of inspiration.[/quote]

Paul, I thought you''d like to know we''ve sold Mark Rivers.

Greeno!! He''s nicely poised with his career, should just make it to the world cup this year, will leave Carrow Road at the end of the season to move onto bigger things, has the potential to be England number one after his move. He also has to think about how he will spend his massive signing on fee another new Range Rover maybe. Just hopes he goes somewhere where he will be settled and be able to enjoy his football. He is one City player that is quite well established, at the right age and with a real future in the game. Could go all the way, Finally if he leaves on a big fee no one at Norwich will begrude him the move therefore be a city legend, still loved by the fans!!

I would probably consider myself as a right sided Drury

Good at tackling, quiet most of the time, but can be good going foward when up for it, work well with others

Andy Hughes because no matter how I played I would be guarenteed a place. And all I would have to do is clap my hands very loud and I would be made Captain.