47 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I watched the second half. Excellent game. Coventry deserved more.

Martin and Robins two ex-Canaries in management that seem to be doing excellent jobs. He who runs the club opted for Dean Smith who consequently seems to have pitched us among the also-rans.

I thought at the time it was perhaps a bit too soon for Russell given he'd had limited success when the goal was promotion, but if he can do all at Southampton then perhaps I was wrong. Robins has done a fine job. 

I also remain fully of the opinion that Smith was never the right man for the job. 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

I’ve missed the start of the Leeds/Cardiff match did I miss anything?

Leeds getting battered

Right. That's two huge mistakes from Ayling, he clearly does not want to be there.

I reckon a 20 million quid all-cash offer for Max Aarons would be appropriate .... 

Leeds fans sound like they're going to have far less patience than we did with the tippy tappy stuff in those early days,  already groaning at the sideways passing

Edited by Ken Hairy

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ayling is utter ****e.

He is but I still remember lip reading what he said to Bruno Fernandez last season and I like him

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

None of the three relegated sides look particularly strong or convincing. Very early days but I'll take that.

Quite right but we find out soon enough. Playing all three in the opening couple of months. 

• Like 2

Can they remake the Damned United if Leeds go on a losing spree in the forthcoming weeks? 

Sean Bean starring as Daniel Farke and Owen Wilson as fitness coach Chris Domogalla probably Ricky Gervais as Ed Reimer 

Little flashbacks to his times at Norwich winning the league and forced moments where he is binned off by Pep Guardiola after the Man City coach parks on Carrow Bridge and the team are made to walk the last 200 yards to the stadium 

A holiday scene with Farke and his assistant Ed Reimer on holiday and the chairman of Krasnador comes looking for him resulting in a fight between Daniel and Ed and they come Back together in heart warming scenes to manage Borussia Munchengladbach 

The Damned United 2 - coming to a cinema near you 

Edited by Yobocop

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

None of the three relegated sides look particularly strong or convincing. Very early days but I'll take that.

In our last promotion season I recall we were the same, we ground out results with often very narrow wins but it wasn't until after Christmas we really started to convincingly beat teams

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

leicester v coventry should be spicy.. Then again they've not played a decade and it's mostly the older fans of both sets that hate one another. Seems most of the younger fans don't care as much.

The M69 derby !

This season really does feel like Premier League 2. If we play like yesterday for the campaign they’ll be some cracking atmospheres at Carrow Road. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

This season really does feel like Premier League 2. If we play like yesterday for the campaign they’ll be some cracking atmospheres at Carrow Road. 

The competitiveness is going to be intense this year I just hope we can at least have a go at being amongst it.