Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

What the rule on purchases?

I know everyone is very excited about what should be the certain return of Mr. Huckerby. But. Are we allowed to buy him before Jan1? Does someone know the answer? I know west ham got some bloke from leicester but that was a free. Does the fee mean no show until 04?

I think the situation of the transfer window being closed is only relevant for players moving TO the Premiership. As far as I know, any deal where a player moves from the Prem to a lower league team is fine.
Loans are organised on the same basis, unless its a keeper required and the club in questions keepers are injured/ill. Any loans organised before the window closed, ie, like Paul Konchesky/Chris Perry, can still be extended, but no ''new'' loans can be organised.
Thats only based on what I can hazily remember reading somewhere just before the transfer window closed, I could be mistaken... The main website suggests that Huckerby could still play against Ips**t next weekend so that would back up what I''ve said. We just need to get him signed before 12pm on friday for him to play... (Plenty of time...?!?!)
If this is wrong and someone knows the actual facts, pleas efeel free to correct me, as like I said, this is all based on memory...

I hope this helps

The Football League has confirmed it will continue to operate an open domestic transfer system this season despite the closure of the worldwide transfer window earlier this week.

Football League Head of Communications, John Nagle, says -

" Once again, the Football League will not be implementing the transfer window system on a domestic basis.

Consequently, Football League clubs will be free to operate under the same ‘open’ system as used last season.

Clubs will be able to trade freely with each other and with clubs from leagues below The Football League until the transfer deadline on March 25.

*** (important bit MG) They will also be able to make loan signings from the clubs of the FA Premier League and may subsequently make such moves permanent at ANY time. ***

Our clubs will, however, be unable to sell or loan players to FA Premier League clubs or trade with football clubs outside the domestic league structure until the window re-opens on January 1.

The League understands that FIFA intends to review the effectiveness of transfer windows at the end of the current season. Therefore it is the League’s intention to participate fully in this review in order to represent the views of its member clubs. ”

As far as I know we can buy him before Jan 1st , though sounds like there could be a fair bit of negotiating to do first anyway, so don''t think we should count too much on having him for the Scum game ... if we do get him..

The football league are exempt from the transfer window while they try to sort out their finances, they got special permission from FIFA/UEFA. So the answer is yes we can sign them now. The transfer window only applies to the Premiership teams buying players.

The transfer window relates to Premiership clubs buying / loaning, (rather than selling), new players, which is prohibited, unless they receive dispensation from the FAPL. They can still buy players outside the window from clubs in Adminstration, but usually aren''t allowed to play them immediately, unless, again, relief is obtained from the FAPL.

I also believe the deadline for transfers is actually 5.00 pm on the previous working day. Whether that it includes Saturday, I''m not sure.