S_81

Aarons to Saints

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Everyone saying £5 million is laughable. I’ll repeat, he’s only worth what another club wants to pay! 

There isn’t a queue of clubs lining up for Max. And he has one year left on his contract. His form has dipped over the last 18 months, how on earth are you valuing him at £10 million plus!! That’s delusional. And what will prove that, is the fact we won’t get it!

But we dont know what clubs have expressed an interest behind the scenes. There might be multiple and being played against one another to hike the fee up. Its only been suggested in the press recently that Southampton / West Ham are potentially keen, but there are many clubs who have monitored him over the past 24 months.

Even if it’s a low fee such as 5 million we should take it rather than get nothing in a years time surely? We lost out on Cantwell moving for a low fee after turning down higher bids and it seems we could go that route with Omo too if we are not careful. 

People are speculating about fees due to his last year of contract. I doubt it will be as low as £5m - more like £7.5m plus, however we can only speculate at this stage, but like others have said any fee is better than no fee.

I dont agree with Webbers early public comments about Max needing to move on, everyone knew that anyway without saying anything publicly, it only softened our bargaining position post comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Get a grip? It’s clear from pre-season and one competitive game what he offers. He’s a top Championship player. 

And Max suddenly isn't?

our fans 😅😅

A lad steps in has a half decent game and people are creaming over him and claiming he's better than someone who just won the u21 world cup and has held practically a first name on the team sheet spot for 5 years.

Laughable guys utterly laughable some of you should be ashamed.

• Like 3

The Livramento move from Soton to Newcastle has only just been confirmed officially today. If Moyes sorts out things behind the scenes at West Ham, there is a possibility we could play off two suitors against each other. But then our track record of being successful when we do this only generated £32m plus add-ons for Buendia, so most on here will no doubt be unhappy if Max goes for less than £10m.

The issue with Max is partly that big clubs don't want him. They can afford to be picky and they don't really want 5ft 8 players in their team, especially if the player concerned is a defender. 

I like Max and wish him well. He's never let us down but if I was buying for a Premier League club I think I'd look elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

And Max suddenly isn't?

our fans 😅😅

A lad steps in has a half decent game and people are creaming over him and claiming he's better than someone who just won the u21 world cup and has held practically a first name on the team sheet spot for 5 years.

Laughable guys utterly laughable some of you should be ashamed.

Max is still a very good player, but we don’t need two, do we? The money is of far more use now.

Plus, I haven’t seen Max deliver as many crosses as Stacey did against Hull in any one game, nor to the quality either. Not criticising Max, I rate him, but I think that was a clear observation most made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nah disagree Max is class and yes stagnated but everyone did under Smith and we are still recovering.

I am a huge Max fan. Max was a class act and yes he stagnated under Smith.....but......even when he was on it his ball into the box left a lot to be desired, I always felt that was an area of his game he needed to improve upon, particularly given fullbacks are amongst the most attacking players in a team. I am not suggesting for one moment that it actually is the case with Max but it could be he is/was and "early bloomer" and he has reached the peak of his abilities. I am surprised that a young, English full back with so much experience is not attracting much more interest than he is, particularly given he is near the end of his contract, I cannot understand why more teams are not in for him., unless of course they are and NCFC are being tight lipped about it........

Max is a good player. He’s worth at least 10m in the modern market. Even with a year left on contract. And especially if sold to a team that just brought in a sizeable amount more than that from selling their full back. 

If we don’t get a decent offer then Max could well reclaim his right back spot or, as he did for England U21s - be of use to us at left back. I disagree that we sell him for 5m. 

I Think anything under 8 million and we keep him he might change his mind if we go up ?

he might also sign new contract if he likes new DOF  or new owner ( if we get one ) ,

a lot can change in a season he is a very good young english player so can not sell him cheap one year left or not .

• Thanks 1

Just to mention Spurs have turned down £86m for Kane who's also in his last year of contract.

It's all relative and I'm sure Max is worth more than £5m. Webber will hangout for the best possible price, and rightly so.

Really don't get our fans suddenly wanting to sell our players off cheap. Some even suggesting we should give Rashica away for free!

Win one bloody game and suddenly any old monkey coming in will be good enough. Let's see how good Stacey is without the ball when we play Southampton.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just to mention Spurs have turned down £86m for Kane who's also in his last year of contract.

It's all relative and I'm sure Max is worth more than £5m. Webber will hangout for the best possible price, and rightly so.

Really don't get our fans suddenly wanting to sell our players off cheap. Some even suggesting we should give Rashica away for free!

Win one bloody game and suddenly any old monkey coming in will be good enough. Let's see how good Stacey is without the ball when we play Southampton.

It’s a not a case of that, not for me at least. I’m an advocate of keeping our best players. But I think we’ve replaced him with a player as good in Stacey. Therefore, given the choice, assuming we reinvest the money, I’d be happy to see him sold. 

£5 million is perhaps a tad pessimistic, fair. But it’s much closer to the likely figure than a lot of pie in the sky valuations.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It’s a not a case of that, not for me at least. I’m an advocate of keeping our best players. But I think we’ve replaced him with a player as good in Stacey. Therefore, given the choice, assuming we reinvest the money, I’d be happy to see him sold. 

£5 million is perhaps a tad pessimistic, fair. But it’s much closer to the likely figure than a lot of pie in the sky valuations.

Max is going to be sold but to whom and how much who knows. 

I don't doubt the fee will be nearer £5m than £10m. I just hope it's someone like West Ham with perhaps a loan coming the other way as part of the deal.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Max is going to be sold but to whom and how much who knows. 

I don't doubt the fee will be nearer £5m than £10m. I just hope it's someone like West Ham with perhaps a loan coming the other way as part of the deal.

Flynn Downes, heard that he might be available.

Play hard ball if it’s West Ham or Saints interested. They have the coffers after player sales, around £10m with add ons then it’s shake hands time. 

10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s also really consistent- imho he’s worth at least £25m in modern market- down to 18.5 due to contractual issues 

Well if NCFC sell Max for less than your valuation at least it will give you something else to have a gripe about........

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s also really consistent- imho he’s worth at least £25m in modern market- down to 18.5 due to contractual issues 

WHAT?!

No wonder you're always miserable with that level of delusion

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Well if NCFC sell Max for less than your valuation at least it will give you something else to have a gripe about........

It’s a self fulfilling prophecy…

• Like 2

A genuine pro, rarely injured and consistently give his all, his attacking threat from full back was obscene when he had a team structure that enabled him to use his pace, the lack of a dcm since skipp has highlighted the type of team needed for him to flourish.   

Defensively more astute than given credit for, he will be missed and fully deserves to move on to a team that's uses these attributes correctly.

Whatever he might ends up leaving  for he owes us nothing

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ZLF said:

A genuine pro, rarely injured and consistently give his all, his attacking threat from full back was obscene when he had a team structure that enabled him to use his pace, the lack of a dcm since skipp has highlighted the type of team needed for him to flourish.   

Defensively more astute than given credit for, he will be missed and fully deserves to move on to a team that's uses these attributes correctly.

Ipswich are A coming- soon with a big wad of cash hehe

9 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Ipswich are A coming- soon with a big wad of cash hehe

Paying off their debts ? That would be a first. And a welcome action for so many local builder and caterers.

I like Aarons. He's consistent and never lower than a 6 but then I'm not sure he's ever much higher than a 6.

It's harsh to judge him defensively as he was often left exposed but he was encouraged to get forward and hardly has any goals or assists even in the champ winning seasons so won't be a big loss. He deserves better than Southampton though.

10 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The issue with Max is partly that big clubs don't want him. They can afford to be picky and they don't really want 5ft 8 players in their team, especially if the player concerned is a defender. 

I like Max and wish him well. He's never let us down but if I was buying for a Premier League club I think I'd look elsewhere 

Just because every day is a school day Max is 178cm which indeed is 5.8ft but 5ft 10 inches as there are 12 inches in a foot not ten. So that makes him pretty average in height for a full back. Not sure height is the issue here.

Southampton defo sounds like a good fit for him as he needs a change which is what I think Webber was getting at.

Ask yourself this. What would be more use to us on the pitch this season: £5m in the bank to prop up the bank balance; or Max here seeing out the final year of his contract and available to play?

Because if we do sell Max I’d be amazed if that money becomes available for us to make a substantial signing.

Well latest rumour is Leeds- which definitely raises interesting questions if the bid is at the low end and a certain mr Webber is indeed heading there at Christmas….

15 hours ago, ZLF said:

I know someone will identify a player to prove me wrong but I honestly think he is too small to be a modern full back. It was really noticeable last season that team were deliberately using cross field balls to target a larger winger or striker on Aaron's side.

I agree about pace and ability but I don't think he is that defensively astute. In fact I think he can be a bit unaware at times. In the championship his pace and ability means he gets away with it but he is found out in the premier league.

Whole heartedly agree with last point though, despite all of above he has been great for us (in the championship!)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobJames said:

Paying off their debts ? That would be a first. And a welcome action for so many local builder and caterers.

Looks like Aarons could be off to Leeds- not so laughable now for us

On 08/08/2023 at 09:59, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

how on earth are you valuing him at £10 million plus!! That’s delusional. And what will prove that, is the fact we won’t get it!

ahem