Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

That January bid for Omo

Do we really think it’s true? Surely if it was the club should have accepted it because if he’s going to be a bench player then we will lose money on him just like we did on Cantwell. That’s if there really was a bid for him. 

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Probably legit, but probably a low opener with a pile of add-ons that could total over £20m or so.

The transfer window hasn't closed yet. I'm still fearing a late bid tbh.

So yes it was true. SW isn't going to lie about that, he'd lose all trust from the player.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Probably legit, but probably a low opener with a pile of add-ons that could total over £20m or so.

That is my guess. £5m up front, of something, and the rest all potential fees if certain requirements met 

Agree with others. It must have been an offer as you wouldn't say it and upset the player for no reason. Must have been a low ball offer with more add ons than you can shake a stick at. 

He did linger on the pitch on his own at the end today, which hasn't been overly mentioned anywhere (unless my eyes are growing old)

I still think Aarons, Omobamidele and Rashica leave in the next fortnight.

Did Olympiakos agree to PSF so they could scout Tzolis, if it was true Wagner has dropped a Boloke.

On 29/07/2023 at 18:37, Mason 47 said:

He did linger on the pitch on his own at the end today, which hasn't been overly mentioned anywhere (unless my eyes are growing old)

I still think Aarons, Omobamidele and Rashica leave in the next fortnight.

Air Rons has been going to leave almost since the day he walked out at Portaloo Road some 5 years ago now! I've never, ever heard of a club trying to publicly sell one of their best players like Webber has done with Max in that interview a couple of months ago. It truly summed up 'little old Norwich'. Would never be surprised if he's still here when this window shuts unless Webber seriously reduces the valuation  assume he is placing on the boys head.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Air Rons has been going to leave almost since the day he walked out at Portaloo Road some 5 years ago now! I've never, ever heard of a club trying to publicly sell one of their best players like Webber has done with Max in that interview a couple of months ago. It truly summed up 'little old Norwich'. Would never be surprised if he's still here when this window shuts unless Webber seriously reduces the valuation  assume he is placing on the boys head.   

Great pro but stagnating here big time now. Some laughed that he’d contemplate a move to a club like Fulham last season, I think he’d kill for such a move now. 

On 29/07/2023 at 12:43, pete said:

Did Olympiakos agree to PSF so they could scout Tzolis, if it was true Wagner has dropped a Boloke.

Boloke? Is that like ****?

(Please don’t google **** if you don’t know what it is)

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Boloke? Is that like ****?

(Please don’t google **** if you don’t know what it is)

That worked well. I will leave you all to work out what the rude word is.

(This is a bit like Wordle. A bit)

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

That worked well. I will leave you all to work out what the rude word is.

(This is a bit like Wordle. A bit)

It's just another kind of "baby shower".

On 29/07/2023 at 15:20, TheGunnShow said:

Yes and I'd imagine some of those add ons were highly unlikely to be hit.

23 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Great pro but stagnating here big time now. Some laughed that he’d contemplate a move to a club like Fulham last season, I think he’d kill for such a move now. 

I think he would as well. With his relative defensive deficiencies and lack of end product when attacking, I have always been surprised how so many Yellows have hyped Air Rons up into something he never has been. Great engine and unbelievable injury free record  but for the much vaunted '£30M'+ I would want a hell of a lot more than that from my right back.

14 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think he would as well. With his relative defensive deficiencies and lack of end product when attacking, I have always been surprised how so many Yellows have hyped Air Rons up into something he never has been. Great engine and unbelievable injury free record  but for the much vaunted '£30M'+ I would want a hell of a lot more than that from my right back.

There's not many times I remember Aarons being beaten on his own wing, and I'd back him in most one on ones. Long crosses from the other side and getting out-muscled in the air - I can picture quite a few of those.

Attacking he always seems to cut back, stop, or disappointingly dive, without the latter he'd probably have quite a few more goals in his reel-tape.

Being injury free and able to play every game in a season is a massive plus too. I guess there's an element of luck to that though.

No way is it true. They’d have sold him in a heartbeat. As they would now.