Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Strikerfest and what it means for Ryan Jarvis

Yes its heady news if it all comes off, and its a big if.

But with all the hullaballo over signing Hucks I was secretly hoping if that wasn''t to happen. Ryan Jarvis would be thrust into the spotlight and vanquish Ipswich.

After a brief glimpse towards the end of last season RJ looked that he could be the part, however what know for the lad, if we sign three new strikers which is a possibility, who will sit on bench with LM or MS (unfortunate initials) will it be IR (£8k per week) or RJ (potential by the bucketloads).

Reserve team football now every two months I don''t feel this is good for Ryan, who is our best prospect.

I just love tyo see NCFC nurtured talent succeed like Disco dale, Ruel, Darren E and Chris Sutton, I hope that RJ who is definitely on City''s books is not forgotten in the euphoria.

RJ is the future.

Don''t forget he''s only 17. Everton tried Rooney as a main striker and even that didn''t work. You''re right, Jarvis has tonnes of potential but I think playing/training with good strikers will help get the best from him.

You are right Jarvis is our longer term future and the lad looks better every time I see him play.

However I feel that the signing of the 3 strikers is right for the club right now. We have a five month opportunity to make the premiership. Our current tied strikers consist of Iwan, 35 , Jarvis 17 (neither who can realistically be expected to complete every game for us) and Leon McKenzie. To proceed with a possible promotion push or championship season would place an unrealistic burden on Ryan. and run the risk of ruining him for good.

Getting both Hux & Svensson now would mean we get seasoned pros that can be pushed for max performances for a limited time span with the simple and glorious aim of getting an automatic promotion spot. It also means we have some serious competition for places and means that Ryans slow but sure development can continue pressure free - we dont want the situation like Rooney where he appears to be going over the top.

In addition Hucks has declared his admiration of Jarvis & so there is the opportunity for Jarvis to learn from Hux has to offer (a channon/donowa scenario?)

I think I might explode if this is not resolved soon!