Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Luke Beckett

apparrently us and Wigan have had a bid accepted for the guy.

Is this true?

How much?

Is he gonna be the 20+ stiker that has illuded us so far?

Please shed some light fella yellas!!

The latest i''ve heard is that sheffield wednesday have put their oar in with a 1/4 mil bid today, but this follows palmers refusal of a 400k bid from northampton last month.

Let''s hope we decide to flex what little extra financial muscle we do have and go a bit, (but not too far) closer to the £1m trhey seem to think he''s worth.

Hell if rotheram could get 850k up front for moore then i wouldn''t be surprised if mr jjb jumped to it for the new "Becks" (by name not talent of course).

Come on city, don''t be shy with that checkbook!

I haven''t heard too much about us being after him, would be good if we were though. Though I''d love to see Leon Knight at the club, the Chelsea lad. He is just an out and out goalscorer and is looking awesome at Brighton. I bet if we had his goals we''d be firing up that table.

according to that reliable source of scaremongering, sorry information, the mail, norwich have offered 200,000 for luke beckett. so quick vote, good or bad buy. Anyone know any stockport fans? what do they think? his record is good, but would he really fit into the system.

According to soccerbase Beckett has scored 128 goals in 264 league games.

He has never commanded a transfer fee of more than £100,000 and is already thirty-years-old.

He''s a 1st/2nd division player at best!!!!

Went to Sheff Utd in Championship and was shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don''t waste money on him, save up to rebuild in Jan.

Get rid of all the deadwood and concentrate on 2 seasons of rebuilding.

[quote user="Beatle"]

He''s a 1st/2nd division player at best!!!!

Went to Sheff Utd in Championship and was shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don''t waste money on him, save up to rebuild in Jan.

Get rid of all the deadwood and concentrate on 2 seasons of rebuilding.

[/quote]

The worrying thing is, he''s probably the only sort of "quality" we can afford.

Rich - you mentioned Leon Knight, "the Chelsea lad". He left Chelsea more than three years ago having never played for them.

You say he is looking awesome at Brighton - but he left there nearly a year ago, having been out of favour there for some time.

He''s since been to Swansea, but they''ve sent him on loan now to Barnsley. He hasn''t scored for Barnsley.

I don''t think he''s likely to fire us up the table, as you put it. Are you sure you''re not thinking of someone else?

He is a solid bloke who never quite lived up to his early performances at Stockport - not sure that he is Champs class but nor are the ones we have at the more.  He is a style of striker we need, which Leon Knight isnt (unless he is replacing earnie!) but not  apriority in my books.