Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Earnie a hell of a player to come off the bench

But he cost £2.75m, and fair enough we don''t play to his strengths, but why oh why did we spend this on Earnie, when for this sum we could have got 3/4 players or 6 Dickson Etuhus or 5.5 Andy Hughes.

If your''e not going to even try to fit him in, money just wasted.  RE only here because Worthy needed to raise the spirits.  Will we get a 150% return on Earnie a la Deano?, I think not.  Until we get to Prem we didn''t need to spend this aount on what for us at this level is a luxury when we already had the graft of Leon, which is necessary at Championship.

Please respond with your comments. 

He is an exceptional forward, but I don''t think he was a well thought out purchase.  He is never going to fit into worthys favoured way of playing and we sold a big guy, brought a little one.  The fee was steep but he has the potential to score goals at this level and in the premiership.  I dont think we will get that 3 million back in the future - but you never know, he scores goals and people are impressed by that.

At least we didnt spend 1.5 million on 31 year old Ade Akinbiyi like that ***** up at Sheffield United!!

Earnshaw left West Brom because of being on the bench to often , after dropping a division to sign for City  he again finds himself on the bench , will he be here longer than Ashton was ? very debatable. And just why are we paying loan money for Johannsson and Rehman when they cannot get a game , just a waste of resources.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He is an exceptional forward, but I don''t think he was a well thought out purchase.  He is never going to fit into worthys favoured way of playing and we sold a big guy, brought a little one.  The fee was steep but he has the potential to score goals at this level and in the premiership.  I dont think we will get that 3 million back in the future - but you never know, he scores goals and people are impressed by that.

At least we didnt spend 1.5 million on 31 year old Ade Akinbiyi like that ***** up at Sheffield United!!

[/quote]

Totally agree

Although i reckon we didnt pay too over the odds, the problem as you said is that he doesant fit in, is a foot too small.