Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

How many of you were there today?

I WAS ! we were clearly the best side in the second half, we could have easily beaten the side top of the form table at the start of play, we scored two goals against a side who have conceded only 4 in the last 6 games undefeated. Sometimes guys you need to look at facts. Leeds might very well go up this year, after going into meltdown only 2 seasons ago - just stop and think about it you lot before you keep posting poisonous rubbish.

"just stop and think about it you lot before you keep posting poisonous rubbish."

With our results this season, we''ve had plenty of time to ''stop and think about it''. Today, Worthington did well, as did the team. However, for the majority of the season, we''ve been disappointingly poor, which is why so many fans are fed up at present.

You''re obviously full of your own importance because you went to Leeds today - the need to mention it makes me surmise that it''s your first away trip, as the usual "away crew" don''t feel the need to do so - and you think that this gives you some right to say that anyone with a differing opinion to you is posting ''rubbish''.

My advice to you is to grow up and wise up.  

I was not there but agree totally with your comments, based on reports of today''s performance.

I fail to see how after such a good performance (which was within a whisker of being an excellent result) there are people who still feel the need to post negative messages. I am not going to repeat my feelings about a cessation of all this but looking into the next week at least this is all Neil Warnock needs as one of the things to fire up his players.

Lets all be true supporters and get behind the team and everyone at the club.

I was also there but unfortunatly we were rubbish in the first half. In my opinion todays first half was like the city we have seen of recent and the second half was ALMOST like the way we were playing in the first division 03/04.

But all in all a good point! And we so nearly took all three.

i was there(no, i do not want a medal), and have thefollowing comments:

1.Leeds were a very average side.

2. we only played for 45 minutes. The first half was abysmal, with the usual stray passing and no cohesion.

3. Hughes and Charlton are not the answer to the midfield "crisis".

4. Without Mckenzie and Mcveighs continious running both on and off the ball, we have no threat going forward.

5. Why on earth did we not put men on either post forthe last minute free kick?

6. Elland Road is a dump!

7. Leeds support was atrocious. For a side with a realistic chance of going up automatically and a definite play off place. Those that did bother to turn up (the ground was only 2/3rds full at best), were so quiet and why did thousands leave before the end when Leeds were starting to press for an equaliser?

8. The city support was magnificent today, especially in the second half. Yet another sell out!

9. Was there any need for the hand full of worthy outers to start the worthy out chant after 5 minutes ( iwant him gone, but why ruin a good atmosphere, muppetts).

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"just stop and think about it you lot before you keep posting poisonous rubbish."

With our results this season, we''ve had plenty of time to ''stop and think about it''. Today, Worthington did well, as did the team. However, for the majority of the season, we''ve been disappointingly poor, which is why so many fans are fed up at present.

You''re obviously full of your own importance because you went to Leeds today - the need to mention it makes me surmise that it''s your first away trip, as the usual "away crew" don''t feel the need to do so - and you think that this gives you some right to say that anyone with a differing opinion to you is posting ''rubbish''.

My advice to you is to grow up and wise up.  

[/quote]

My advice to you is stop being so far up your own arse.

good and educated reply two sheds. The reference to "not wanting a medal" was sarcasm, something you clearly are not aware of.

my mini bus and ticket were paid for, otherwise, i would not have made the effort, having seen enough dismal away performances over the last two seasons, for me to decide that i will not waste any more hard earned until we get a new manager and coaching staff etc.

my points were based on my observations "admittedly through stella eyes", of the day and the game. Thanks for your well thought out reply.

as usual on yhis board, its only the oppinions of the likes of yourself, wizard, rankin and the like that count, anyone else is not entitled to one and are ridiculed for having a go. perhaps there should be a forum for you hard core guys only?

Dear Seatbus or whatever your name is,i was replying to the original post on this board.(Darlindumplin) or whatever it was.Its not my fault posts take so long to apear on the board as i posted that early this morning.

[quote user="seat124"]

good and educated reply two sheds. The reference to "not wanting a medal" was sarcasm, something you clearly are not aware of.

my mini bus and ticket were paid for, otherwise, i would not have made the effort, having seen enough dismal away performances over the last two seasons, for me to decide that i will not waste any more hard earned until we get a new manager and coaching staff etc.

my points were based on my observations "admittedly through stella eyes", of the day and the game. Thanks for your well thought out reply.

as usual on yhis board, its only the oppinions of the likes of yourself, wizard, rankin and the like that count, anyone else is not entitled to one and are ridiculed for having a go. perhaps there should be a forum for you hard core guys only?

[/quote]i might be wrong seat124 but my guess is 2sheds was replying to the original poster, who chose to stir the pot, unlike yourself.

Very articulate, Josh, well done. Perhaps I should have just said ''Do want a medal'', like other posters, you might have understood me then.

[quote user="seat124"]

9. Was there any need for the hand full of worthy outers to start the worthy out chant after 5 minutes ( iwant him gone, but why ruin a good atmosphere, muppetts).

[/quote]

absolutely, its not as if we were 4 nil down like at reading or palace , ay least you could understand the chants then but to chant during any game is NOT the way forward.  I think the brighton game was the only exception as a message needed to be sent to the board and this appeared to spur other elements into action.

I agree with many of your points especially the one about Charlton and Hughes, neither are the answer! Can you imagine a side with Andy Hughes as a first choice central midfielder getting in the top 2!!!

I''m so envious, I''d really love to go and watch the Canaries play away. It must be so exciting! Boarding an omnibus with a dozen crates of light ale, the aromatic nutty smell of ''Old Holborn pipe baccy''.....rustlin'' of yellow & green rosettes, waving of hand knitted scarves and the ''clickety clackety whirr'' whirring'' of various football rattles. The social  chattering, raised voices and loud  guffaws, coupled with occasional stops at hedgerow lay-bys, allowing the ''slack bladders'' to relieve themselves. Humbugs, peardrops and fishermans'' friends, handed around to the sweet toothed supporter''s amongst us...... 

Arriving at the away ground, disembarking from the omnibus, to good natured catcalls and jeers from the gaberdine, flat cap and mackintosh wearing opposition fans. Through the rickety turnstiles, and straight to the refreshment shed, "a mug of bovril and a packet of ready salted please darlin''!" Then, scaling the steep steps up to the terrace to purchase a 4 page programme from the ''ole boy'' hobbling around the ground perimeter. Tension mounts! Then the players'' trot out onto the pitch, "hoorah! hoorah! and thrice hoorah!" the crowd yell! Tossing of the coin, and they''re away! 

"Peep! Peep!" signals a welcome halftime, my balloon bladder''s fit to burst, I hustle & bustle and shove my way into the walled - but roofless, tin trough urinals, steam rising from the ooh''s and aah''s of the more desperate! Time for a quick cuppa - then, return to the terrace and the 2nd half....... "Peep! Peep!" from the busy refs''  ''ACME thunderer'' whistle,  announcing to the watching and chilled to the bone seasoned faithful, that its now fulltime, unfortunately, it only produced a boring 0-0 scoreline......Muted applause, as the players traipse off the pitch. Then, we stream like lemmings - out through the big rusting and barbed wire covered  corrugated 12 foot gates.

Leaping onto the homeward bound ''chariot of  snarlin'' death!'' The light ale crates are full of empties!?......Soon, the less savoury of my fellow fans, are in the ''land of nod,'' grunting, snoring, farting, wheezing and belching. Just the one unscheduled stop for the toilet, and hopefully a small portion of fish & six. It''s just another hour or so on the road, then the driver calls out: "we''re home!"! Straight off the ramshackle transport, gladly relieved of its cargo of stale flatulating beer sodden breathed individuals ......I wrap my scarf  tightly around neck, put my coat collar up, then pull my tweed cap snugly over my ears and forehead. A brisk short walk home, remove  my outdoor attire, amble into my living room warmed by a blazing coal fire. Then, I collapse fatigued into an armchair, clutching a steaming mug of cocoa, and a chunky doorstep slice of jam ''n'' bread........Ahhhh! If  I could only just attend an away game........it must be great fun! Still, there''ll always be a first time, and maybe then, I can be classed as a ''true supporter!" OTBC ;~)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m so envious, I''d really love to go and watch the Canaries play away. It must be so exciting! Boarding an omnibus with a dozen crates of light ale, the aromatic nutty smell of ''Old Holborn pipe baccy''.....rustlin'' of yellow & green rosettes, waving of hand knitted scarves and the ''clickety clackety whirr'' whirring'' of various football rattles. The social  chattering, raised voices and loud  guffaws, coupled with occasional stops at hedgerow lay-bys, allowing the ''slack bladders'' to relieve themselves. Humbugs, peardrops and fishermans'' friends, handed around to the sweet toothed supporter''s amongst us...... 

Arriving at the away ground, disembarking from the omnibus, to good natured catcalls and jeers from the gaberdine, flat cap and mackintosh wearing opposition fans. Through the rickety turnstiles, and straight to the refreshment shed, "a mug of bovril and a packet of ready salted please darlin''!" Then, scaling the steep steps up to the terrace to purchase a 4 page programme from the ''ole boy'' hobbling around the ground perimeter. Tension mounts! Then the players'' trot out onto the pitch, "hoorah! hoorah! and thrice hoorah!" the crowd yell! Tossing of the coin, and they''re away! 

"Peep! Peep!" signals a welcome halftime, my balloon bladder''s fit to burst, I hustle & bustle and shove my way into the walled - but roofless, tin trough urinals, steam rising from the ooh''s and aah''s of the more desperate! Time for a quick cuppa - then, return to the terrace and the 2nd half....... "Peep! Peep!" from the busy refs''  ''ACME thunderer'' whistle,  announcing to the watching and chilled to the bone seasoned faithful, that its now fulltime, unfortunately, it only produced a boring 0-0 scoreline......Muted applause, as the players traipse off the pitch. Then, we stream like lemmings - out through the big rusting and barbed wire covered  corrugated 12 foot gates.

Leaping onto the homeward bound ''chariot of  snarlin'' death!'' The light ale crates are full of empties!?......Soon, the less savoury of my fellow fans, are in the ''land of nod,'' grunting, snoring, farting, wheezing and belching. Just the one unscheduled stop for the toilet, and hopefully a small portion of fish & six. It''s just another hour or so on the road, then the driver calls out: "we''re home!"! Straight off the ramshackle transport, gladly relieved of its cargo of stale flatulating beer sodden breathed individuals ......I wrap my scarf  tightly around neck, put my coat collar up, then pull my tweed cap snugly over my ears and forehead. A brisk short walk home, remove  my outdoor attire, amble into my living room warmed by a blazing coal fire. Then, I collapse fatigued into an armchair, clutching a steaming mug of cocoa, and a chunky doorstep slice of jam ''n'' bread........Ahhhh! If  I could only just attend an away game........it must be great fun! Still, there''ll always be a first time, and maybe then, I can be classed as a ''true supporter!" OTBC ;~)

[/quote]lol, keep it up.

"9. Was there any need for the hand full of worthy outers to start the worthy out chant after 5 minutes ( iwant him gone, but why ruin a good atmosphere, muppetts)."

If you cared about the club you would have joined in! It really annoys me that people who pretend to have the best interests of the club at heart are more interested in "a good atmosphere" than getting rid of Worthy. Show your loyalty to the club - don''t just worry about a good day out! Worthy out!

apolgies to you, two sheds...................i have had a bad day!! ( i agree, the time for the replies to appear does tend to disjoint the arguments!

[

you were there...well done Darlo but  I think you''ll find there were another 1700 too who might have a different perspective.

were you also at luton, qpr, palace, reading, stoke, millwall etc? If so may I suggest you formulate an opinion based on the season and not the last 45 mins....

[quote user="seat124"]

[/quote]

Now what have I done wrong!.

Wonderfully romantic article on away matches Mello, it almost makes me wish I was there.

Incidentally Wizard, where do you go to when the away matches are on? Are you there too because you are never on here?