Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Europa Cup Final - Free on BT Youtube

A splattering of Brits; Smalling, Abraham and ref Anthony Taylor.

I'm surprised how much the ball has been in the air.

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Should be a close one, but I'm supporting Roma. I'm a big follower of Serie A and this would mean a fifth Italian team in the Champions League next season. 

Not a huge lover of Mourinho, but his record in European cups is phenomenal. He knows how to get the job done.

Agreed, a lot of the matches are great to view to cure a bout of insomnia. 

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I hope this match has an early goal or it could be a war of attrition. 

Almost willing Sevilla to score as Roma sitting on a lead may not be much better.

That said, I do fancy some more Anti-Spurs jibes from Mourinho if Roma wins, so backing them for the win! 

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Jose acting like it's nothing lol.  Great composed finish that, reminds me of a certain Fin. :classic_blush:

What Paulo Pukki Dybala , the Argentina 🇦🇷 Fin.😄

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Is that a reference to Serie A or Mourinho? If it's the latter, I agree.

Could be both. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be both. 

Well, over the last five or six seasons, Serie A has seen more goals than the Premier League. Also more red cards and penalties, if that's your thing. 

The 'Serie A is boring' argument really hasn't a leg to stand on for about 20 years now.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Well, over the last five or six seasons, Serie A has seen more goals than the Premier League. Also more red cards and penalties, if that's your thing. 

The 'Serie A is boring' argument really hasn't a leg to stand on for about 20 years now.

That’s interesting, maybe I’m just remembering it when it featured live on Sundays to sleep Sunday dinner off. 

38 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Must admit I find Serie A boring, but then I follow EFL and Prem league and then Europa, Champions league when it's on.  Beyond that I find that  additional domestic leagues get me quite lethargic, and struggle to consume the full 90 mins.

In fact, I really don't know how people manage to consume so much, are you watching full Serie A games live, or highlights?

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Must admit I find Serie A boring, but then I follow EFL and Prem league and then Europa, Champions league when it's on.  Beyond that I find that  additional domestic leagues get me quite lethargic, and struggle to consume the full 90 mins.

In fact, I really don't know how people manage to consume so much, are you watching full Serie A games live, or highlights?

I watch pretty much every Lecce game, with them being my second team. I generally catch one or two other live Serie A games per round, and one or two Premier League games as well, plus Norwich, obviously. So that's generally around five or six matches per weekend, but I'd say half of them are on my phone whilst also doing something else.

32 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So that's generally around five or six matches per weekend, but I'd say half of them are on my phone whilst also doing something else.

Makes sense, I guess it's not too dis-similar to how I'll listen to any match on the radio - I could listen for hours, but sitting and watching a few matches in a weekend is enough for me. 

I don't have any second teams either, It's obvious, but supporting a team in another league will always make it more exciting to watch I guess.

Bono pulling a Timmy Krul. One keeeper dancing all over the goal during the pens and his team wins, the other keeper still as a statue and he loses.

Always the case.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Remarkable that Sevilla have won this competition 7 times this century. A much more interesting competition than the sterile ESL dominated Champions League.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Remarkable that Sevilla have won this competition 7 times this century. A much more interesting competition than the sterile ESL dominated Champions League.

Have they ever won it after qualifying via getting knocked out of the sterile Champions League?

That seems like a ****ty system to me, a bit like the “league phases”, all designed to keep the biggest, richest, most prestigious at the table for as long as possible.

Sh1te, the lot of it. 

• Thanks 1

Not a great advert for European football, both teams were dreadful at time wasting and play acting. More needs to be done to stop it. To be fair to Anthony Taylor I thought he handled most of the theatrics pretty well but as per usual too much goes unpunished. When you've got VAR there you need to start taking action against players intentionally trying to deceive the officials