Harry53

Jack Stacey signing

Some interesting quotes in his first interview...

"One of the main things I spoke about with the head coach and with Stuart (Webber) is playing intense, fast, forward football, something I believe will suit my style of play and something that I can fit into.

"I'm really excited. I feel like I'm coming into my peak years, I've got experience from being around different clubs. I want to get back to the Premier League and this is the perfect club to do that."

• Like 1

A very solid Byram replacement, can play both sides and a good age considering he's on a free. Let's just hope he can stay injury free for longer.

This might mean we're allowing Giannoulis to go too depending on how light we want to run it at full back, also will depend on what we decide to do with Mumba and if he's ready to play RB at this level. If he's not Stacey will probably be first choice early on.

A pacey, proven performer at this level who should be able to hit the ground running.

Aarons is surely off, and I'd think you can close the book on Johnston.

Gonna say this: Webber deserves some credit for getting the business done early and without fanfare. Whilst performances will be the ultimate judge of how good the work is, I think it's clear he's going in hard to remedy previous issues.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Unless the poster has a contact within the club, there’s nothing being reported anywhere about this 

Kudos to the poster! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, king canary said:

The only thing I'd say to that is that everything I've read about Johnston suggests he's making first team football a priority in choosing where he signs. I also think Stacey will be similar and also on solid wages. So while in a dream world having both would be great, I doubt either will sign if they are likely to be a backup to the other.

Yes please on Manning though.

Yeah, that was my worry and why I said I could dream. But the Championship is a massive league and with the cups we could be looking at 50+ games, so there'd be plenty of game time for them both, especially with five subs nowadays.

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Not unhappy with this. Seems like the right sort of player for where we are.

**** me even the miserable contingent are happy, it's a miracle!

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd think you can close the book on Johnston.

I think we'll still be looking to sign Johnston or another young right back. Guess it depends on where Wagner and Webber see Mumba fitting in.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think we'll still be looking to sign Johnston or another young right back. Guess it depends on where Wagner and Webber see Mumba fitting in.

He's not going to come here to play second fiddle when he can be second fiddle at a prem or European side.

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me even the miserable contingent are happy, it's a miracle!

I think 'miserable contingent' is unfair...!

11 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Aww mate. You find a pot of gold and complain it wasn't diamonds. I guarantee it.

• Haha 1

27 years old with 61 Championship appearances and 29 PL appearances. From what Wagner’s said I think Mumba’s going to be first choice next season but it would be worth signing an experienced free agent as a backup. I think Stacey is an upgrade on Byram, as transfermarkt shows him as only having 3 injuries with their length being 41 days, 4 days, and 22 days long. No injuries listed for this season

4 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

27 years old with 61 Championship appearances and 29 PL appearances. From what Wagner’s said I think Mumba’s going to be first choice next season but it would be worth signing an experienced free agent as a backup. I think Stacey is an upgrade on Byram, as transfermarkt shows him as only having 3 injuries with their length being 41 days, 4 days, and 22 days long. No injuries listed for this season

Mumba isnt going to start ahead of Stacey. That's madness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I might have suggested him as a name weeks ago, maybe. I can't remember if I did or just thought about it.

You might have heard it here first?

Good signing though. A seasoned championship campaigner

Ahem...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Everything on paper suggests a good signing and looks like we've beaten some competition which would obviously be interested in him on a free.

I’m happy with this singing. I think if we can get Duffy in to we have the makings of a solid defence which we’ve been lacking a while now. I think Malky and Fleming were the last two CB pairings I trusted for us to keep it tight at the back.  

Good signing.

Hopefully this means Mumba will be nowhere near right back.

Kudos to the OP, great shout.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

As the best you have ever done is to be "not unhappy" I think miserable is very fair.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Gonna say this: Webber deserves some credit for getting the business done early and without fanfare. Whilst performances will be the ultimate judge of how good the work is, I think it's clear he's going in hard to remedy previous issues.

Does seem to me we usually do early business, but then it tails off until we finish off with the loans. Given the amount of business we need to do it would be prudent to be doing what we are doing.  Good so far by starting off with the out of contract players from fellow yoyo teams.

35 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Are you one of those Snakepit Divorcie wrong'uns that Webber warned us about?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Mumba isnt going to start ahead of Stacey. That's madness.

He might if he starts at right wing 😉