Harry53

Jack Stacey signing

Rumour has it, Bournemouth's 3rd choice right back might be signing today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

He has played 55 games in the championship for Bournemouth and 28 in the Premier League - if there is any truth in the rumour, he would seem to be a pretty good signing + one for the present rather than the future.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whats the sauce of this one then?

Tomato. 😉

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

This reeks of James husband potential.

Glad to see we signing some game changers.

Where was James husband from? 

jack Stacey has done well at this level for both Luton and Bournemouth 

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Tomato. 😉

Aww I was hoping it was bbq..

I have looked all across social media and can't find anything linking him to us rather interestingly. No clue where Harry has got this info from

He has won promotion from League 2 all the way to the PremierLeague, twice with Luton, then he joined Bournemouth for £4 million & was promoted with them to the Premier League. Having said all that, I can't see any rumours that he's joining us.

Edited by Top corner

13 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Where was James husband from? 

jack Stacey has done well at this level for both Luton and Bournemouth 

Signed from Middlesborough after they got promoted to the PL if memory serves correctly, although he only played 3 games for them, but he'd played a fair bit in the Championship on loan at Fulham and Huddersfield

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Signed from Middlesborough after they got promoted to the PL if memory serves correctly, although he only played 3 games for them, but he'd played a fair bit in the Championship on loan at Fulham and Huddersfield

Ah fair enough so perhaps a bit less experience than Stacey 

Even though I've never seen him play I'm keener on the idea of Max Johnston just because he's younger and seems to have a lot of potential based on the clubs who want him.

If he's a no go then Stacey would be a good Aarons replacement.

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whats the sauce of this one then?

Heinz

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Aww I was hoping it was bbq..

I have looked all across social media and can't find anything linking him to us rather interestingly. No clue where Harry has got this info from

As always with you fella the sauce will be jerk ;- ) 

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Even though I've never seen him play I'm keener on the idea of Max Johnston just because he's younger and seems to have a lot of potential based on the clubs who want him.

If he's a no go then Stacey would be a good Aarons replacement.

I'd argue that they'd be the perfect pair.

With Aarons and Byram leaving, we need two right backs, and I'd say that one experienced option and one younger player would be the order of the day.

I'm still not convinced that full back is Mumba's best position in this system.

Then we could get rid of Giannoulis at left back and sign Ryan Manning on a free, and we'd be all set for full backs on both sides.

I can dream, right?

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd argue that they'd be the perfect pair.

With Aarons and Byram leaving, we need two right backs, and I'd say that one experienced option and one younger player would be the order of the day.

I'm still not convinced that full back is Mumba's best position in this system.

Then we could get rid of Giannoulis at left back and sign Ryan Manning on a free, and we'd be all set for full backs on both sides.

I can dream, right?

The only thing I'd say to that is that everything I've read about Johnston suggests he's making first team football a priority in choosing where he signs. I also think Stacey will be similar and also on solid wages. So while in a dream world having both would be great, I doubt either will sign if they are likely to be a backup to the other.

Yes please on Manning though.

If we get a couple of central midfielders, why not move McLean to left-back? Thought he did pretty well there.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

If we get a couple of central midfielders, why not move McLean to left-back? Thought he did pretty well there.

I do wonder if his future is more of a utility man.

We clearly need a proper DM, Sara seems cemented as another starter, Nunez needs game time so I'm not sure where Kenny starts. So being first man off the bench in central midfield or at leftback makes sense. Wouldn't want him as our starting left back though.

20 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He'd be a fantastic signing.

Can see him going to a Luton or Sheffield United though.

Yeah. Much of the chat I see links him to Luton which I hadn't realised was a former club of his.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I do wonder if his future is more of a utility man.

We clearly need a proper DM, Sara seems cemented as another starter, Nunez needs game time so I'm not sure where Kenny starts. So being first man off the bench in central midfield or at leftback makes sense. Wouldn't want him as our starting left back though.

He should be a bench player and nothing more. The game passes him by so often. 

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Because we need an actual left back that’s good!?

3 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Rumour has it, Bournemouth's 3rd choice right back might be signing today. 

Looks like Harry was right.

I might have suggested him as a name weeks ago, maybe. I can't remember if I did or just thought about it.

You might have heard it here first?

Good signing though. A seasoned championship campaigner

2 hours ago, Badger said:

He has played 55 games in the championship for Bournemouth and 28 in the Premier League - if there is any truth in the rumour, he would seem to be a pretty good signing + one for the present rather than the future.

Bournemouth have been in and around the top of the Champs/in the PL for a number seasons now so I’d not be sniffy about taking one of their players.

We need a solid base and defenders who can defend, the flair can come from others. Swapping Byram for this guy seems a good enough move.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I might have suggested him as a name weeks ago, maybe. I can't remember if I did or just thought about it.

You might have heard it here first?

Good signing though. A seasoned championship campaigner

Suggesting a player is a bit different to saying a signing will happen.

Harry appears to a source on the inside.