Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Why are so many footballers such idiots?

I mean yes I am also quite the idiot that I will admit but hey, at least I'm not the one who's being paid millions a week to kick a ball yet decide to make some extra money drug dealing on the side..

Some people are just a bit thick I suppose. Didn't John Terry do dumb stuff like selling VIP tickets, bit weird when he's already rich.

40 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Some people are just a bit thick I suppose. Didn't John Terry do dumb stuff like selling VIP tickets, bit weird when he's already rich.

A fan of Poundland too when Christmas shopping. 

I guess I live a sheltered life but that equates to 58k euros per kilo of cocaine, or nearly 60 euros per gram.  Is that right?!

Prison might be the safest place for him at that sort of money.

An idiot indeed.

51 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I guess I live a sheltered life but that equates to 58k euros per kilo of cocaine, or nearly 60 euros per gram.  Is that right?!

Prison might be the safest place for him at that sort of money.

An idiot indeed.

It won’t have been cut yet.

If you want to break it down traditionally social dynamics would show footballers coming from the working class or uneducated hence they are more prone to making poor life decisions.

This has deffinatly changed over the last 30 years however you get dumb people in every demographic.

It's funnier looking at sportsmen and seeing the ones who are heavily educated.

Eg. Chris Jericho real name Chris Irvine who is a wrestler and front man or Fozzy. He has a degree in journalism.

It's a strange old world and some people who become rich and/or famous have a self-destruct button - politicians, media stars, sportsmen, musicians - something in them that says success and fame isn't enough for them and they push things too far. You don't have to be famous to be able to self destruct of course, but the bigger you are, the harder you fall!

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

If you want to break it down traditionally social dynamics would show footballers coming from the working class or uneducated hence they are more prone to making poor life decisions.

This has deffinatly changed over the last 30 years however you get dumb people in every demographic.

It's funnier looking at sportsmen and seeing the ones who are heavily educated.

Eg. Chris Jericho real name Chris Irvine who is a wrestler and front man or Fozzy. He has a degree in journalism.

I think the NFL has similar issues. Some of these kids have been poorly educated and or raised, suddenly find them selves with a boat load of money. NFL players seem to have a bad track record for speeding and drink driving.

Didn't know Jericho trained as a journo, I think he made the right call doing wrestling and being a rock star!

29 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I think the NFL has similar issues. Some of these kids have been poorly educated and or raised, suddenly find them selves with a boat load of money. NFL players seem to have a bad track record for speeding and drink driving.

Didn't know Jericho trained as a journo, I think he made the right call doing wrestling and being a rock star!

Yeah the less talented American Football players in college are often the smartest as they realise they might not make it and thus put more time into their studies.

I think my favourite wrestler/education cross over is AEW's Luchasaurus having a Masters in Medieval Literature.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah the less talented American Football players in college are often the smartest as they realise they might not make it and thus put more time into their studies.

I think my favourite wrestler/education cross over is AEW's Luchasaurus having a Masters in Medieval Literature.

I still remember the panthers quarter back who went down for dog breeding and fighting. Guy was a multi millionaire! Career over!

Lmao that's hell of a ma to have luchasaurus is great!  off track but I'm All In for Wembley, any of you guys going? 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

14 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I still remember the panthers quarter back who went down for dog breeding and fighting. Guy was a multi millionaire! Career over!

Lmao that's hell of a ma to have luchasaurus is great!  off track but I'm All In for Wembley, any of you guys going? 

I'm going! Very excited.

You're thinking of Michael Vick who played for the Falcons by the way.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm going! Very excited.

You're thinking of Michael Vick who played for the Falcons by the way.

Yes your right it was Michael Vick of the Falcons bah it was some time ago!!

Yeh I can't wait for all in should be superb 😁

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

He got that degree because Jesse the body Ventura told him to get a back up plan in a chance meeting when Irvine was a teenager.

Although Irvine says the journo skills have been really useful for his podcast and dealing with interviews etc.

32 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Think former boxer Gerald McClellan was done for dog fighting as well.

32 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I believe he played for years after his prison sentence. 

21 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I believe he played for years after his prison sentence. 

Yep, for the Eagles, did his time and has been a reasonably model citizen since I think.

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He was face-to-face with who he thought were gangsters. He said why they wanted they wanted to hear.

I'm sure you would've told them to go **** themselves and go all Nightman on their Russian mafia ****?

Bottom lime. He didn't fix any matches and was cleared by a panel.

*drops truth mic*

If he had told the authorities what had happened when he way away and safe like, I would suggest, most people would have done, then his version of the meeting would have been totally plausible. As it was, keeping quiet about it until he was found out only results in speculation and conspiracy theories. 

You do know Scots aren’t all saints and would beating sportspeople don’t you?

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

You do know that I wasn't a part of the panel who found him innocent don't you?

What did he get the ban for again?

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

For fly tipping.

Or was it for not disclosing the details of a meeting in which he agreed to match fix? That was the point I made. Not a good decision was it?

8 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Or was it for not disclosing the details of a meeting in which he agreed to match fix? That was the point I made. Not a good decision was it?

Why are you trying to bait? Is it so surprising that a Scotsman has a decent overview of a world class Scottish sportsman? I’m not sure anything aside from faith in Billy G’s ability and this mention of Higgins in the context of sporting scandals insinuates DK is completely unable to accept Scottish wrongdoing in sport? 

F***ing pointless dig. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Thanks 1

Also, Billy G had a much improved season, playing often in the best Brighton team in their history. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he is very good now is it? 
I didn’t rate him at city, but DKs knowledge of his earlier potential is showing through, despite a lot of laughing and abuse aimed his way. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Why are you trying to bait? Is it so surprising that a Scotsman has a decent overview of a world class Scottish sportsman? I’m not sure anything aside from faith in Billy G’s ability and this mention of Higgins in the context of sporting scandals insinuates DK is completely unable to accept Scottish wrongdoing in sport? 

F***ing pointless dig. 

Who died and left you in charge?

What about Stephen Hendry being better than O’Sulivan?

27 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Maybe you ought to read my initial post, as you'll find that I already said that.

Are you trying to suggest that he did fix matches?

No of course not. Not sure where I said that?

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He was face-to-face with who he thought were gangsters. He said why they wanted they wanted to hear.

I'm sure you would've told them to go **** themselves and go all Nightman on their Russian mafia ****?

Bottom lime. He didn't fix any matches and was cleared by a panel.

*drops truth mic*

Lol. Yeah, said what they wanted to hear. They wanted to hear HIS plans on how he could make 300,000 Euros disappear, bringing up specifics like a Spanish property. And he even corrected the "gangster" when he said "so you can only really miss once before people ask questions",  "no, no, I can keep missing".

He didn't fix any matches, but he wasn't "cleared by the panel". They banned him for six months. That's not "innocent" now, is it?

Best pick that mic up and correct your mistakes old boy.