Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Lewington to Norwich!

I''ve heard this before and I wouldn''t be suprised to see this one comes off. News of the World says Norwich are after Dean Lewington from Milton Keynes Dons for an undisclosed amount of money! Can anyone tell me a bit about him? All I know is he plays for MK Dons, he''s fairly young and he''s a defender.

Another rumour for general interest is Mick McCarthy to Derby

one thing is for certain, he is a defender and mk dons are going down.
im sorry to be negative but this has happened twice before when we bought briggs from stockport and louis jean from nottingham. At least those teams were getting relegated out of the championship when we got them not from league 1.

I thought about Keith Briggs when I saw this! I think Lewington will be Brennan''s replacement! MLJ hasn''t had a choice, he''ll do alright next season and after that I think he''ll leave

i saw him score a wondergoal the other day. I think he is left back but he ran all the way up the pitch past everyone before unleashing a long range top corner shot

[quote user="LinkNR9"]He''s awful. Should make a good target for Worthy![/quote]http://www.fansfc.com/wimbledonfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=127871Fans player of the season.http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060228/1/hif8.htmlScores late winner to upset the odds.http://nottinghamforest.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=919&p=2&stid=8402648"Forest defence were unable to clear the ball several times and Izale

Mcleod sent a header home unmarked after a ball from always involved

full back Dean Lewington"

Nice to see your football knowledge is as sharp as ever NR9.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="LinkNR9"]He''s awful. Should make a good target for Worthy![/quote]http://www.fansfc.com/wimbledonfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=127871Fans player of the season.http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060228/1/hif8.htmlScores late winner to upset the odds.http://nottinghamforest.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=919&p=2&stid=8402648"Forest defence were unable to clear the ball several times and Izale

Mcleod sent a header home unmarked after a ball from always involved

full back Dean Lewington"

Nice to see your football knowledge is as sharp as ever NR9.

[/quote]wasn''t briggs player of the year at stockport before we bought him, and wasn''t paul heckinbottom captain and player of season at his previous club also?  perhaps lewington has the potential to step up, but player of the season at lower levels doesn''t always inicate success will follow in a higher league - ask flem about it!

Herb - He is part of a defence in a team that is bottom of the table and has the worst goal difference in League 1.

He was Player of the Season TWO seasons ago. Craig Fleming was our POTS two years ago - need I continue?

"Scores late winner to upset the odds." He''s scored three goals in FOUR years, according to the official site. Hardly prolific!

"Forest defence were unable to clear the ball several times and Izale Mcleod sent a header home unmarked after a ball from always involved full back Dean Lewington". So he puts in a cross for a goal from time to time. And...? Your point is? Even Andy Hughes does this occasionally! Footballers do, you know.

Nice to see you shoot yourself in the foot again, Herb. Thank you. 

Can''t we give him the benefit of the doubt! He isn''t gonna be expensive and is very young so......How knows!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]Grow up. You said "awful"I posted a few links that suggests hes one of the better and up and coming players in their team and thats your response?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Herb - He is part of a defence in a team that is bottom of the table and has the worst goal difference in League 1.

He was Player of the Season TWO seasons ago. Craig Fleming was our POTS two years ago - need I continue?

"Scores late winner to upset the odds." He''s scored three goals in FOUR years, according to the official site. Hardly prolific!

"Forest defence were unable to clear the ball several times and Izale Mcleod sent a header home unmarked after a ball from always involved full back Dean Lewington". So he puts in a cross for a goal from time to time. And...? Your point is? Even Andy Hughes does this occasionally! Footballers do, you know.

You dont actually support Norwich do you?

[/quote]

Why bother - it''s just more wasted money. You know he is going to be rubbish before he gets here - we all do. Worthy knows nothing about football. Worthy out!

Major blub there, Herb. Simply because I disagree with you. And you tell ME to grow up.

Pathetic.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Major blub there, Herb. Simply because I disagree with you. And you tell ME to grow up.

Pathetic.

[/quote]Well your definition of "awful" is baffling.And you do need to grow up.

[quote user="Silver Canary"] Why bother - it''s just more wasted money [/quote]

He isn''t going to be a worst of money as he''s on a free in the summer due to contract expires and i doubt his wages would be though the roof! We can''t target superstar like Roberto Carlos or Wayne Bridge at the moment, as someone said ''if you can''t get two weeks in barbados, grimsby is better than nowhere'' So Please give him a chance!