Wonder what those Villa fans who keep saying we treated him badly and that he's really an amazing manager must be thinking now he has two relegations on his CV🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder what those Villa fans who keep saying we treated him badly and that he's really an amazing manager must be thinking now he has two relegations on his CV🤣

Should have been one at Villa too, with the goal line technology on the blink!

• Like 2

Completely hopeless as a football manager one of the most over rated managers in football history and Webber fell for it. That is the worrying thing 

• Like 1

I wonder if Leicester will give him a permanent contract. They're crazy if they do. One minute after signing, he'll be straight down the golf course. Then he'll start attacking their fans in the hope of getting sacked and another huge pay-out. The man is a total fake.

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dean Smith's record over the last 18 months...

Sacked by Villa
Relegated with Norwich
Sacked by Norwich
Relegated with Leicester

Golf handicap improved by 2

Waist size up from 38 to 40"

Prosecco and fine wines stocked up in the newly built cellar

Holiday budget up

Main thoughts tomorrow morning before booking his late June flight to sunnier climes ..."Fans are a problem in the East Midlands too".

24 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Waist size up from 38 to 40"

That's because , like most fat conts he wears his trousers under his  gut not round his gut ( waist). Otherwise it'd be  up from 68 to 70". 

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Wonder how we'll do against Leicester next season.

Be interesting to see who they sell, and in Maddison's case, for how much.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Give them the sign Cambridge in person first match of next season. 

I hope that they do keep him on as manager because then we should be able to pick up some points against them.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Wonder how we'll do against Leicester next season.

With the present set Leicester is city’s least worry

Lucky if we finish out of the bottom 6

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Just saw the interview where he said he feels like he’s failed. You did fail, Dean. 

Not sure why you're addressing him directly; I doubt he'll come here to read it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

I didn’t warm to him and wanted him gone. But objectively and his defense Leicester were pretty much down before he rocked up there and so were we when he came here. 

He didn’t work out here in part due to personality reasons and his following a massively popular manager.  But also mostly due to shocking recruitment prior to his arrival. He didn’t get to sign many to be fair.  The arrival of Wagner has shown the players were the issue here more than him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Be interesting to see who they sell, and in Maddison's case, for how much.

Do remember hearing rumours about Newcastle being interested in Maddison a while back.

Fair to say they have money to spare and James is a proven, good, top flight England International..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do remember hearing rumours about Newcastle being interested in Maddison a while back.

Fair to say they have money to spare, and James is a proven, good, too flight England International..

Yup. Can easily see a bidding war for him. Proven quality player who can bring an X-factor to any team looking to move on up. I'm not sure his value will go down that much. In fact, the perception of it going down to start with just might get more clubs interested, which then pushes the price back up.

The price for Maddison will have dropped now, which is bad news for us. Another Smith legacy.

Leicester and Leeds appointed managers who have no skin the game, Dyche was a shrewd appointment.

13 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's because , like most fat conts he wears his trousers under his  gut not round his gut ( waist). Otherwise it'd be  up from 68 to 70". 

I resemble that remark!!

• Haha 2

Told a mate who's a Leicester fan they were down as soon as Smith was appointed.

Never been happier to see a manager fail.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The price for Maddison will have dropped now, which is bad news for us. Another Smith legacy.

Leicester and Leeds appointed managers who have no skin the game, Dyche was a shrewd appointment.

I'm not sure he would have 100% gone if theyd have stayed up. At least he will definitely go now and something is better than nothing.

Relegation may mean the opening offer maybe low but I'd still expect a bidding war between 2 or 3 clubs which could drive the price up

If we could get £10m between this and the Rashica sale it would give us a bit of leeway

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dean Smith's record over the last 18 months...

Sacked by Villa
Relegated with Norwich
Sacked by Norwich
Relegated with Leicester

Golf handicap improved by 2

Horse betting also improved 

Maddison and Barnes bound to leave and Tielemans is out of contract. 

But looking at last seasons Championship, it won't take much to get a team together to challenge to go straight back up.

58 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Maddison and Barnes bound to leave and Tielemans is out of contract. 

But looking at last seasons Championship, it won't take much to get a team together to challenge to go straight back up.

Especially bearing in mind at this time last year it was considered Burnley would be in bother and would have to sell their best players.

• Like 1

I genuinely thought him and shakey would keep that squad up.

So now I'm wrong about them, twice.

Great.