tsj1999

Aarons replacement

We all know max aarons is definitely leaving this summer but who do we want to see as his replacement as rb? i have a few in mind

max johnston - been linked and would be a good option. young and talented player so could be an option?

jack stacey - good player and available on a free. no links yet

ryan manning - i know he is more of a lb but you put mumba at rb and your sorted

let me know your thoughts

Johnston has been linked with some PL clubs as well, so I don’t think we’ll sign him. Wouldn’t say no to Stacey or Manning as they’re experienced players so should fill in the departure of Aarons and also let us sell Giannoulis, who only has one year left

42 minutes ago, tsj1999 said:

We all know max aarons is definitely leaving this summer but who do we want to see as his replacement as rb? i have a few in mind

max johnston - been linked and would be a good option. young and talented player so could be an option?

jack stacey - good player and available on a free. no links yet

ryan manning - i know he is more of a lb but you put mumba at rb and your sorted

let me know your thoughts

Will follow his master to that soulless bowl of a football ground on the South Coast.

26 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Do we?

This is the case every year with Max.

He is out of contract June 2024. We either sell him, and then replace him. Or he signs a new contract

Which do you think is likely ?

40 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

He is out of contract June 2024. We either sell him, and then replace him. Or he signs a new contract

Or he leaves on a free and Webber has said that if that happens then we'd have gotten our value out of him. Probably a tactic to show we aren't looking to let him go for peanuts this summer. 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Or he leaves on a free and Webber has said that if that happens then we'd have gotten our value out of him. Probably a tactic to show we aren't looking to let him go for peanuts this summer. 

England U21, plenty of mileage left, good little runner, one careful (ish) owner and completely injury free. Interested, call Carrow Road (no time wasters or tyre kickers)

56 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Depends where his ambition lies doesn't it.

I would bet a new contract, but then what do I know about Max....

27 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

England U21, plenty of mileage left, good little runner, one careful (ish) owner and completely injury free. Interested, call Carrow Road (no time wasters or tyre kickers)

But I wouldn't mind another tyre fitter.

43 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Tbf he goes down injured every game

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Do we?

This is the case every year with Max.

He’s definitely off 

27 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Most outfield players do. It is whether that injury means a long break from playing. Which with Aarons it does not. Rather my point.

9 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Most outfield players do. It is whether that injury means a long break from playing. Which with Aarons it does not. Rather my point.

I got your point, but was just having a bit of jest

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

2 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Sell him. One year left and can’t see him signing a new contract. Will need to raise quite a lot more funds this summer than we spend, as we failed to go straight back up

I love how everyone decides Max, who has been one of our best players for years now is off.

It's like that utter moron Sam seaman who wrote an article about selling the entire back line.

Where do you idiots  think the replacements are coming from??

Narnia? 

Sometimes our fan base is as bad as the ones we laugh at like Leeds etc.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

But also, from a positive perspective, those broken legs and decapitations are always fully healed before the next game. Quick healer.

• Haha 1

Max flourished under Daniel Farke and played his best football. Smith couldn't get a tune out of him, and Wagner hasn't, bar his first few games. I will miss the Aarons that was the Farke version, but not so much the later one.

We have to balance allowing him to leave at a reduced fee compared to what we could have got for him, against the cost of signing a better replacement. 

If we feel there are viable alternatives available on a free then surely other clubs will be looking at them too?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is still here next season.

He is not a full back and I have said before that as he likes to attack rather than defend, should have played further up pitch.

1 hour ago, Mike w said:

He is not a full back and I have said before that as he likes to attack rather than defend, should have played further up pitch.

That was tried and he didn’t do very well when asked to

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We have to balance allowing him to leave at a reduced fee compared to what we could have got for him, against the cost of signing a better replacement. 

If we feel there are viable alternatives available on a free then surely other clubs will be looking at them too?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is still here next season.

If we sell him, we can pay a fee for another right back. 

15 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If we sell him, we can pay a fee for another right back. 

Or a defensive midfielder, or another centre half. 

It's all part of a bigger picture which kind of hinges on us getting £20m for Omobamidele.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Or a defensive midfielder, or another centre half. 

It's all part of a bigger picture which kind of hinges on us getting £20m for Omobamidele.

Judging on how Omobamidele has been talked about by Webber I suspect he'll stay and be partnered with Duffy/Gibson. I assume Webber / Wagner will want to keep the core of team.