cambridgeshire canary

Todays Premier League relegation battle

The trouble we now have is Southampton lead by Martin, very likely to be strong, Leicester with a new manager probably Robins or better and Leeds will also very strong, it’s going to be hard to get into the top 6.

• Like 1

Gutted, Everton can't be allowed to keep getting away with this especially considering their financial irregularities 

Just now, Indy said:

The trouble we now have is Southampton lead by Martin, very likely to be strong, Leicester with a new manager probably Robins or better and Leeds will also very strong, it’s going to be hard to get into the top 6.

I think we'll do well to get back into the top half next season in all honesty. I have little to no hope of blagging a top 6 spot

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Robins won’t leave Coventry to join them! Agree top 6 looks miles off. It’s a relegation celebration for the Foxes in my back garden now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don't think that's going to be a problem for us next season.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

6 year old Everton fans chanting Sack the Board 🤣🤣

Meanwhile at Norwich, “keep the board we love it”

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think Leeds will be poor next season. 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No, I think his line was something like, "Would you like to see my puppies?"

OTBC

What’s a Sunday without a DDJ post?! Hope you’re keeping well fella and are looking forward to the new season! I know I am! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I think Leeds will be poor next season. 

What you heard, are they appointing Dean Smith? 😂👍

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Meanwhile at Norwich, “keep the board we love it”

It was more the fact they're 6 and have literally no idea why they're chanting.

I think my posting history shows I'm no fan of the current board.

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Will be pleased if we are not in the bottom six next season. That's what I feel at this minute.

We need a goalscorer (or two). That will determine if we get into the top 6. Just look at any top charts for goalscorers in any division. Those that are listed in the top 10 often are in teams at the top of their respective leagues. Unless Idah and Sargent suddenly hit their form then it's a struggle next season. Unless we buy someone over this summer. We can but hope. 

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

And every year, in every FL we have the same predictions. Clubs who are nailed on certains who fail and surprising clubs who challenge. The problem for relegated PL clubs is how many of their big earners can they shift, bearing in mind it was those players who got them relegated. Some like Sunderland drop and continue to drop. The Championship is littered with former PL clubs....... perhaps they didn't 'give it a proper go'.

9 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

What’s a Sunday without a DDJ post?! Hope you’re keeping well fella and are looking forward to the new season! I know I am! 

Hello there Danke! I've got a week off work now so I'm as happy as an Ipswich fan on bin day.

New season seems along way off yet. Lots to be done and more questions than answers at the mo but that's to be expected at this point. That said, if we don't buy a defensive midfielder this year my head may well explode.

OTBC

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It was more the fact they're 6 and have literally no idea why they're chanting.

I think my posting history shows I'm no fan of the current board.

God bless you, this board is SH1T. 

7 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

And every year, in every FL we have the same predictions. Clubs who are nailed on certains who fail and surprising clubs who challenge. The problem for relegated PL clubs is how many of their big earners can they shift, bearing in mind it was those players who got them relegated. Some like Sunderland drop and continue to drop. The Championship is littered with former PL clubs....... perhaps they didn't 'give it a proper go'.

Keep posting in the summer Dale. Your posts are a refreshing, non kissing **** but a loving NCFC comment on this board. Isn’t the Championship looking exciting next season! 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Robins won’t leave Coventry to join them! Agree top 6 looks miles off. It’s a relegation celebration for the Foxes in my back garden now. 

I think Robins probably would go to Leicester

Ex player and might think he wont be able to do it again with Coventry and will have a better chance at Leicester

What I like about the teams coming down,  is that we won't be favourites,  or expected to get automatic promotion next year. Our target should be above Ipswich and in Play offs. Lower our expectations and maybe we shall be happy. 

57 minutes ago, Indy said:

Maybe best we will not be expected to. With our rebuild if we finish around 6th that could be realistic. It's going to take 2 seasons for us to be ready to attack promotion 

44 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I'm sure that makes sense....................err, somewhere. Who is Dale ?

He quoted the wrong person, he probably meant Disco Dale’s Jockstrap

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Least we get to see the **** Gary Lineker cry

Oh yeah, I’ll just go and see if he’s tweeted anything yet 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Not Philip Schofield was it?

This is a name I have seen in headlines but...

Edited by PurpleCanary

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think Robins probably would go to Leicester

Ex player and might think he wont be able to do it again with Coventry and will have a better chance at Leicester

Would he Fcuk. 

On 28/05/2023 at 16:14, Monty13 said:

Imagine Leeds, Leicester and Southampton fans were fairly confident of that too this year.

I don’t expect us to be in a relegation fight, it’s not likely IMO, but it’s certainly not impossible if things slide like they did in the last 11 games.

We’re not going to have uncommitted players at the start of next season 

the injured more experienced players we lost towards the end of the season will be back 

Looking likely we will add experienced players to our ranks 

we will have a modest budget to compete with sales of valuable players unlike most and resale of a sought after Leicester playmaker 

We will have the benefit of a rest and preseason in the legs of sara, Nunez giannoulis and a few others who desperately needed that 

another year of parachute payments 

we have no reason to worry about relegation and anyone who suggests this has probably conveniently forgotten about the facts above