Sign in to follow this  
shardy

Have respect for Worthy please

I''m a KTF but edging towards the fence

If I ever converted to a Worthy outer I would never go out and protest against him or abuse him personally because I have too much respect for Worthy, because of what he has done for this football club over the last 6 years. All of you have to admit that the last 6 years have been pretty good, apart from this season. If you doubt this then the proof is that the ground has been sold out for most of that time and the atmosphere has been good too.

So if worthy was to leave then ok, but I would like to thank him for what he has given me during his tenure here. I think we should give Worthy 10-12 games next season to sort it out and get the relegation hang over out of our systems once and for all and if we''re not in top 3,4 and looking good then that would be the time to change. I too thought we''d walk this league this year, but I was probably caught up in the raising of the expectation levels, like every other NCFC fan.

At the end of the day though, whether you agree or not Worthy will go down in our history books as one of our most successfull
managers of all time and you must give him the respect he deserves. I can still remember the crap that I saw during the hamilton, rioch era''s and believe me this season is better (only just). I wonder how many of the Worthy outers who are season ticket holders now were season ticket then?

Give Worthy 10-12 games next season to save his job then that''s it. But do show him respect please.

Come on you yellows

Don''t get carried away Shardy, if we stand by Worthy and things have not improved after dozen games next season, another season may be written off, and a replacement will be even more difficult to find. 

Accept the fact Worthy is a poor manager getting worse each successive season.  How long will you give him before you accept the fact.

I''m sorry pete I doubt very much that you were calling Worthy a bad manager when we got to cardiff, or won the championship. He is not a bad manager, maybe he just needs a fresh club where his ideas are new to them and would therefore work. I''m not even asking for you or anyone to stand by him, just have and show him the respect that his efforts since he has been here deserves. He has done his best for NCFC at all times.

[quote user="shardy"]

At the end of the day though, whether you agree or not Worthy will go down in our history books as one of our most successfull
managers of all time and you must give him the respect he deserves. I can still remember the crap that I saw during the hamilton, rioch era''s and believe me this season is better (only just). I wonder how many of the Worthy outers who are season ticket holders now were season ticket then?

[/quote]

Your remark RE Rioch is out of order, if you look at the squad he had at that time his finish of 9th place in his only full season in charge was a good showing especially considering we were pennyless at the time.  He certainly hadn''t had the around 7 to 8 million worthy has spent trying to improve the squad over the last 2 years

Ashton - 3,500,000
Erny - 2,750,000
Doherty - 1,000,000
Jonsson - 700,000
Hughes - 550,000
Safri - 500,000
Etuhu - 450,000
Charlton - 250,000
Colin - 235,000
Robinson - 50,000

plus innumerable expensive short term loan deals

So is Rioch Confused [*-)] the man for you then Foghorn, cos his team played some great stuff didn''t they.Hmm [^o)]

Foghorn wants Rioch back

[quote user="shardy"]

So is Rioch Confused [*-)] the man for you then Foghorn, cos his team played some great stuff didn''t they.Hmm [^o)]

Foghorn wants Rioch back

[/quote]

No I don''t want him back. I want a fresh face at the helm.  However his record is not bad at all, he attained promotion with bolton from league 1 at the first time of asking, stayed up the following season then got promotion again to the premiership.  He then took over at arsenal where he then signed Dennis Bergkamp.  He took over a very poor Norwich squad that was spending too much time on off the field activities (down the pub) with no money and got us to 9th in the league.

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Wigan 26-06-2000 27-02-2001 4319915
Norwich 01-07-1998 13-03-2000 93303231
Arsenal 08-06-1995 12-08-1996 47221015
Bolton 29-05-1992 08-06-1995 172834742
Millwall 01-04-1990 17-03-1992 100364024
Middlesbro 02-02-1986 09-03-1990 205827152
Torquay 01-07-1982 14-01-1984 72263115

where are we in the league now with our multi million pound squad??

Shardy - just to take you up on a couple of points. I was indeed a season holder in the hamilton, rioch era and I disagree with you that the football this season is better than then - we have been shockingly bad this season - and what makes it worse is the players Worthington has at his disposal. Their is no way you can compare the sides that Hamilton/Rioch had and the one Worthington has !!

What position do you think we would be in next season if we got rid of Worthington after 10-12 games ? what type of manager would we attract then - I would suggest that it would only be one that is already out of work - and you aren''t out of work unless its for a reason (i.e. you are rubbish!).

To me the board should be saying to Worthington (and please lets pray they are!) unless we finish in the top 8 with vastly improved performances on the pitch giving us all some indication of what we could be in for next year (which you must admit at this point in time with the current set up pretty depressing) then you are out. We then have the summer to try to lure a good calibre manager from another team.

Finally whilst I agree that he derserves respect for what he did in the past (and note I say past) to deserve my respect now means he needs to respect me/us as fans, which I personally believe is one of his biggest misgivings, he doesn''t respect the fans or obviously some of the players views. If he respected us he would at least acknowledge the fact that we have been very poor this season rather than trot out the same pre and post match drivel week in week out regardless of performances, why can''t he say it as it is (like Steve Bruce, Alan Curbishley, Steve Mclaren, Alan Pardew etc etc- do after a poor performance), why does he wait until the middle of february before he call them in for extra training on their day off (post Palace) ?? We watch the same games as he does - how can he see it so differently - too me this is lack of respect. It is obvious he is not prepared to walk away - therefore i''m sorry he is losing alot of the respect he has built up over the past 5/6 years.

The amount that NW has spent on players is not a net outflow.  It needs to be balanced against the amount he has recouped from player sales.  During his tenure, £££ millions of players bought minus £££ millions of players sold equals break even (more or less). That is the club''s policy.  

The club has a history of combining "sell before you can buy" with endless haggling to get "silly money" for our players.  Meanwhile the manager has watched players at the top of his wish list go elsewhere, and has then been held to ransom by other clubs in the final days of the transfer window.  This must stop, or Norwich City is going nowhere.  The transfer window is a curse but it is a fact of life and we have to adapt to it. 

The one positive side of relegation last season was that we got £6 million parachute money which was not needed for its intended purpose, to play players'' wages.  It was a golden opportunity to increase the squad size slightly and break free, albeit temporarily, from the "sell before you buy" straitjacket.  For whatever reason, the club did not take it. 

The one positive side of not bouncing straight back is that we will have another £6 million next season, a second bite at the cherry.  Will the club take it, I wonder?